1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows [Star Citizen] BitSec Merge Vote

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cei, 2 Dec 2014.

?

Should BitSec allow a merger?

Poll closed 8 Dec 2014.
  1. ACCEPT merger (Please explain your reasons)

21.7%
  2. ACCEPT merger in principle, but I have concerns (please post)

4.3%
  3. AMBIVALENT, will accept any decision

13.0%
  4. I'm UNSURE and need more information/longer period of discussion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I would like a TRIAL PERIOD before making any decision

17.4%
  6. REJECTmerger (please explain your reasons)

43.5%
  1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Simply not the case at all. Nothing against them in particular, just not keen on a merger this early, they seem to have their heads screwed on, and I'm sure they can respect and understand that.

Let's not lose our heads. There are a lot more community dividing decisions to come, being from Bit tech is the glue that'll hold us together though, in victory and in failure!

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

We're not all from bit-tech though. 90% of the org doesn't even know this just happened I expect...

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Agree, but most of us are aren't we! Some the randoms are my friends from RL. I think I've only approved a handful of applications from total unknowns.

4. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Hold on...

This wasn't a 'I've got this group of 40+ players who really want to join...' type discussion.

This wasn't a 'They really want to merge with us, what are the options...' discussion.

This was a discussion about a group of 'mostly bit-tech' users waiting for a game to be finished agreeing to drop the bit-tech connection and join a brand new community.

It was about fundamentally changing what many saw as the ethos (either through loyalty or convenience) of the bit-tech connection at this point in time.

'Why now?' 'Too soon' 'Let's wait a while' are not the same as 'They can't be trusted'

This REJECT decision was not based on mistrust.

5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Exactly. People voted for the name "Bit-Sec" because the pun suggests an affiliation with bit-tech. It has no other meaning.

Maybe I have played Eve to much but, while my decision wasn't based on mistrust, the aftermath is ringing a few alarm bells. The game itself isn't final, so why pressure a final decision? I've found that, more often than not, now-or-never ultimatums tend to be accompanied by ulterior motives. :eyebrow:

6. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys guys... please calm down about this.

This is what I think about this whole merging: I really think this is too soon to do such a major move, when the game is not yet released. We do not know what are advantages of being bigger organization, we do not know how the game will react on this kind of moves, we don't even know if it is really needed to have huge org like that. I think that the whole organization building at this moment is simply useless - one thing is good - we can create a group of people that sign up for having fun together - that's fine. This is the whole idea - we all have one objective here - to play this game and have fun whenever we want, with whoever we want to play and to do whatever we want in the game. No strings attached, no forced decisions etc.
    I voted reject, cause I simply would prefer to keep our community organization like it is now - built from all Bit-tech members and additional friends invited (as I lately was enlightened:))
    Let's not go ahead so far away with "building" bigger org like others do there. I saw those peeps on SC forum gathering hundreds of players, creating organization levels, websites, adverts, banners, logos, spending literally $$$ buying hundreds of ships, like they want to rule the SC world right after the game starts. I don't know if I'm too old, or just simply see the real advantage of this game - freedom of choice and lots of ideas to have a great fun playing a nice game. It is not out yet, why to rush in so much, believe me, after months of playing it, after it released, we will find out what is important in the game, and if merging with other groups will be like a must, then we will do it! Guys, there will be tons of situations like this after release, there are thousands of people who will play it, organizations to play co-op, or merge.
    Please, chill out. We have 79 members now, we have a cool logo (I love it by the way:)) some of you guys already spent lots of pennies and got a nice fleet.
    As soon as the game will be released, we are going to have a lot of fun, trust me. Even if we gonna start as a 44 members group. When I said BitSec for Bit-tech - I meant let's be the group that came out of this forum, let's be unique, not like some of those organizations there that are gathering members, like there is no tomorrow... It scares me a bit, like from the time when it starts they gonna start the total annihilation? ;)

I say, let's wait and we'll see what is gonna happen. I'm sure the will be time for everything.
    I really like you guys, Bit-tech is a fantastic community and let's keep it that way. I am f**ing proud of our 79 members organization! :D

EDIT: Just to add, I've got nothing against MF guys - I wasn't aiming to anyone, they are simply another organization who wants to have fun. Please do not take my decision as a vote against them, just against the idea of merging - for now.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2014
  7. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

79 :D

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

:eeek:
    Cheers:)
    Right, I've been away for couple of months and see what already happened! :)