1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

I personally prefer 85mm.

2. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I always prioritise Pen, then accuracy. The KV-1 is great with the 85mm, The KV-85 is a monster tank with the 100mm rather than using the 122.

3. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

For kv1 I've play 1000 battles with 85mm f30. It have great pen and accuracy and sufficient damage... and than just4lulz I've set up u11... it's just brilliant! FUN!!! 2k+ dmg per battle. 4-6 frags... it's just Heavy Armoured Chariot Of Armageddon!!! With 370 embargo for cumulative and 460 for frag that tank annihilate most tanks with one shot

send from Deathstar via HAL9000

4. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Thanks, currently using the 85mm. As soon as I unlock the u11 I'll give it a try.

5. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

It plays like an AMX 12t that has much better handling and slightly better camo BUT with almost no pen. You will struggle to pen tanks from the side. Occasionally there are tanks from the rear that will thwart you. The drum reload is actually very fast so your theoretical dpm is actually quite high, but that pen.... you'll donk (either miss or bounce) more than half your shots unless you're hugging your target's rear.

If you decide you actually want to pen targets... SURPRISE you can trade damage for your penetration. You lose the autoloader, but the normal gun fires pretty fast. It has normal pen for a light, but you now do pittens for damage every shot. Most tanks will laugh at you as you circle them. Laugh and laugh... then when their friend finally shoots you for all your modules and your driver in 1 shot, you'll only have done 50% of their HP.

The most fun you'll have is hunting down other light tanks and arty at your tier with the autoloader. Your reload between shots is FAST... like T1 fast. And each of your shots does a good amount of damage. Since lights and arty generally have no armor, you don't need to worry about pen anymore. Rival autoloaders are not as nice to do this to....

Against all other tank types you take on the role of a passive scout. Your handling is better but your speed and profile are not quite good enough to ninja shots like an ELC.

6. Mumbie

Mumbie What's a Dremel?

My Black Prince's crew's 2. secondary skill is around 60% but i still can't decide what driver and loader skill to choose for 1. secondary skill. As far as i know it's easy to get ammo rack dmg in the Caernarvon but it never exploding, should i take the safe stowage? For driver i'm thinking on offroad driving and the preventative maintenance. For 2. secondary i will take repairs or maybe bia if i get it to 100% fast.

7. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

BIA is a must for every tank in my opinion, it makes a big improvement to the crew skills.

Repairs are a good skill to research and, once done, you can switch the fully researched repair for something that needs to be at 100% before it applies (like BIA or Safe Stowage), then start researching repairs again for next skill.

Skills that don't need to be 100% before gaining a benefit give a proportional benefit based upon how much has been researched. Things like repairs and camo are popular for this reason.

Repairs is always a good thing to have because if you get tracked (easy in the Black Prince), you don't want to be sitting out in the open as a large bullet magnet for long whilst waiting for the track to repair.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Pretty much bang on, i just zoom off hide somewhere i can see things from but make sure i have an escape route handy then go annoy the arti.

In terms of the BP, its slow BIA is always going to help think i went with BIA on 1st skill. repairs on 2nd bar the driver who had off road driving, thrid skill a mix of camo and view range buffs plus clutch braking. It is a very good tank if you know what it can do. IE long range sniping and face hugging. Its nota middle distance tank.

9. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

I gave up trying to make the 59-16 do any kind of aggressive play pretty quickly. My load out ended up being binocs, net, optics. With normal scout tank crew skills. The only time I went aggressive was if I spotted a chance to safely take out arty or if an enemy tank over extended too much otherwise I'd just passive my games away.

With the 59-16's stats, you can be pretty "aggressive" in your passive scouting locations though. Especially with the load out I was using. Even other scouts won't see you in a bush and your view range will spot just about everything within the view range circle.

10. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Had a pretty amazing game yesterday. Strong enemy team, and at some point it was 4 vs 8, had to fight alone with bunch of enemy same time (not red tomatoes but blue and green players) and won, troll armor indeed ! :D and this is why I love SP :)

>> WoT Reply <<

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Risky

Risky Modder

GJ. Did Nimzo manage to avoid the rage for once? ;)

12. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Yes, surprisly he did avoid !! though he was warming up in the beginning of the battle then he didn't rage at all :clap: ......

you know why ?! ......

..... bcoz he was AFK for a while in the battle as his wife called :D

13. Risky

Risky Modder

Lol.

Lat time I platooned wiht him it was a Chaffee Race and he was raging over gold ammo and then got some anti-polish abuse back and it wnet on with him typing with his tank stopped.

I left before the next round!

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

15. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

anyone know, does the "Safe Stowage" perk reduce chance of ammo rack damage? Or does it just reduce the risk of an explosion? :confused:

I know it increses the ammo rack HP pool but not sure if its reduce chance of ammo rack damage.

16. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

it only increases the HP of the ammo rack, it doesnt make the chance of it getting damaged any less ( although the damage might simply be absorbed by the increased HP of the ammo rack hence preventing it going yellow and becoming damaged )

17. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Received WZ-111 today :D (I only paid for Japan btw)

[​IMG]

And I have Aced 100 tanks today :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Jan 2015
  18. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

I have sold my beloved Hellcat yesterday :sigh: after 625 battles (620 battles played pre nerf) , its was heartbreaking :(

3 Skills crew now moved to E4, T30 is new love, my 1st tank with 2nd MoE, so not selling it

19. Risky

Risky Modder

T30 I'm a bit lost with. Play as 2nd line HT, or camp it out hull down? T95 I think I understand, though.

20. Risky

Risky Modder

Oh and here's where I am with all the US lines (since I haven't gone up the others save for historicals).

[​IMG]