1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete VAULT BOY - A Fallout Inspired Build (modded Bitfenix Prodigy)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ciobanulx, 25 Jul 2014.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Before the fallout, it's so clean & tidy. :D

Nice project. :clap:

2. ciobanulx

ciobanulx Modder / Watercooler

Thanks man :D

3. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Very nice looking build :rock:

4. gavbon

gavbon Extreme Overclocker/PC Anarchist

I have to say, this project looks the dogs danglies! Would you be willing to PM me a few of the main pictures/specs :)

5. ciobanulx

Thanks and yea sure will :D

6. ciobanulx

Hey guys!

There's still one week left for voting in the September MOTM contest.

If you didn't cast your vote yet please check out the thread and show some love for my build :D. Also multiple votes are allowed so you can vote for all your favourite builds if you have more than one :thumb:

Cheers,

Alex

7. ciobanulx

8. ciobanulx

Hey guys!

The Vault Boy is up for Featured Build over on the LinusTechTips forum! :D

Head on over to the voting thread and show some love, I believe new members can vote too :thumb:

It would be much appreciated :D.

Thanks a lot to those that voted for my build in the September MOTM here on Bit-Tech! :thumb:

Also I'm currently studying for my final exams, I will be done in about 2 weeks and I will be graduating from my degree in mid December :D.

Therefore, in a few weeks I will be changing the GPU in the Vault Boy along with some other small modifications and starting my next project/s :D

Stay tuned for that.

Cheers, Alex

9. MarkVarley

MarkVarley Minimodder

Love this build!
    Good luck for LinusTechTips.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

10. ciobanulx

Thanks a lot :D

11. ciobanulx

UPDATE

Hey guys. I finished this project about a month ago and I already have an upgrade lined up for it :D.

Here's the new GPU that will be going into it. The only reason why I'm changing it to this 780 is so that I can use the R9 290 along with another one I have in CrossFire in another project which I will be starting soon :D. This 780 was a steal on Amazon for $299 so I made sure to grab it quick. I initially wanted to get a 970 or 980 but this seemed really cheap and now I don't need to purchase a separate waterblock. And don't worry, this card isn't going in the Vault Boy straight like this, it would ruin the theme so I have some mods planned for it :D. I will get into it once I'm done with finals at uni :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also there is about a day left on voting for Featured Builds over on the LinusTechTips forum. Head on over and show some love for the Vault Boy :D

12. ciobanulx

Hey guys!

Been quite busy these past few weeks, graduating university and then working pretty much full time as well as a little getaway with my partner and the family for a few days :p

I just wanna say thanks to all those that went and voted for my build in the Featured Build Logs over on the LinusTechTips forum, really appreciate it, my build came second by just 3 votes :D

I was really happy to see it on the WAN Show as well as seeing Linus's and Luke's reactions to it (even though they got the name wrong in the slides, however Linus did say it right at first :)). To those that haven't seen it and would like to, here is a link to the archive on YouTube, it starts at around 1:17:00

Onto the build now, there will be just one more small update to the build upcoming once I manage to get an order through PerformancePCs and then till it arrives, this should happen before Christmas I hope. Once that is done I will be starting my next project. I decided to scrap the GTX 780 plan and I will keep the R9 290 as I'm pretty impressed with it's performance, the GTX 780 will be used in another system.

If you're not yet sick of seeing this build :p, stay tuned for the next and hopefully final update to this log :)

Cheers,

Alex

13. MarkVarley

MarkVarley Minimodder

Yay vault boy!
    Makes me wanna grab my pip boy and go explore!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

14. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

That's come out looking really really nice..

15. ciobanulx

Cheers guys!!! :D

I received my Corsair SP120s for coming 3rd in the September MOTM. Thanks a lot Bit-Tech, Corsair and everyone that voted for my build :D. They will be put to good use in a future build :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Dec 2014
  16. ciobanulx

UPDATE

I managed to fight through the heat here on the Gold Coast today and get some work done.

I got some new pump casings for the two DDC pumps in the system in order to convert them to normal size, as you can see in the pics with the build, the pumps I have are taller than your normal DDCs (Apple G4 pumps). I'm changing the casings as well as using some EK anti vibration mounting in order to try and reduce the vibration noise the two pumps produce. Ever since I finished the build, the pump noise has been the only thing that bothered me, that and not being able to move it quite easily, which is why I'm going to mount two handles on the top :D. Hopefully these will solve the small problems and I will be fully satisfied with the build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other thing you may notice in the pics is the green side panel which I've been working on for the past week. That is for my next project :p. I'm gonna call it Green Molecule. The build log will be starting soon, just after I finish these changes on the Vault Boy :). Let me know what you guys think of the side panel, fully hand crafted by me with a dremel rotary and a jig saw as well as lots of filing :D. Had to do the paint twice as a storm managed to ruin the finish on it yesterday as it was drying, I swear it came out of nowhere, still not perfect but it's the best I could do :(

Stay tuned,

Alex

17. ciobanulx