1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Lean and Green - 15-12-14 - as complete as it's going to get

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 28 Jan 2012.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

2. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I've got a question for you Wayne. What scrollsaw blades do you use for all of that alu cutting? I'm having trouble figuring out what blade will cut thicker alu like 16 gauge without disintegrating.

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I use draper plain end blades in a range from 12 TPI to 30 TPI, low for thicker material high for thin, I also cut bandsaw blades to 130mm lengths & file the cutting area down so it can do curved cuts, can even use junior hacksaw blades but they aren't as strong as bandsaw blades, get the right TPI & blade strength & you can fly parts through.

While I'm posting I may as well show the case I based the layout on, the lian li has nicer corners due to the aluminium profile they used. :D
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-697-LL&groupid=2362&catid=2279

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Took a few shots of the original idea for closure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a wrap, no hardware to put in these so empty systems is the finale on this one.

5. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Too bad this will not see any real hardware, but this still remains as my all-time favourite "CRAZY SHIZZLE AS ****!"-build. ;)

6. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Though this remains one of the greatest scratch builds, this log has become less of a project, and more of a spiritual journey. It's sad to see it come to an end.

It's been a helluva ride, I have to say. I may not have commented much, but this is still among my favorite logs.

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Jaw-droppingly, mind-blowingly, out of this world, superb work.

8. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

This!
    This!
    And also this! Crazy incredible craftsmanship went on here!

9. shinji2k

shinji2k Minimodder

Wow, I can't believe it's over. I've been watching since the beginning and have loved every minute. You've been an inspiration to me and I'll definitely follow anything you do in the future.

10. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Thats not a case. Thats art. doesn't need hardware in it... Nice work Wayne.

But it would be nice to see it all up and running one day.

11. storm-83

storm-83 Minimodder

If no hardware shots, then it would be fun to see some shadow shots with some small candles inside - halloween style... All the cutouts would make for some interesting shadow details on white background in a darkended room

12. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Oh, and Waynio, if you can, try to find your book in this little compilation I made a couple of years ago.
    The title perfectly fits this build - and any other build of yours I've had the pleasure of following.

[​IMG]

13. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Took me a few, but i think i figured out some of the 'jokes' ^^^ :)

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

This is for me one of the most superb, original builds I have ever seen. It's kind of mind blowing.

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks for the crazy shizzle as **** award Mads. :D

Thanks mate, shame I didn't feel the urge to complete it to a nice finish along with anodised titanium & black colour scheme, maybe I'll return to it some time, or do a new one with lofty ambition & the improved experience, learnt a lot since the design phase on this which will play nicely on new projects. :D

Thanks Crappy. :D

Thanks Bartacus. :)

Long long time coming, too long really & it's not to the standard I should have gone to but still, not bad. :D
    Nice to know I've inspired an awesome modder, I'm keeping an eye on your projects too. :D

Thanks Jeff :) I might get the urge to finish it nicer at a later date if I need SLI but don't hold me to it, I'm in love with mini-ITX now & don't mind winding back the settings in games a smidge if I need to. :hehe:

Need to tidy & clean the cellar first but I'll keep it in mind on things to do. :D

:lol: OCD is OK. :p
    Nice picture Mads. :)

:)

Was a half baked design I just ran into & forced it to work, so much work. :lol:
    Thanks Nexxo. :)

16. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

i will ditto all the remarks up above, ist an amazing build

17. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

We all have one of those projects.;) Some day you will tear back into this and finish it... or not.:lol:

18. Attila

Attila still thinking....

I agree. I think this is totally original, crazy (like out there with Pluto:eeek:), insane amount of intricate, and again, original work. I love it and am thankful that you built it.

@nutman I just noticed some of the details on those books. :lol::hehe:

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks abbas. :)

:D Well I'll keep it somewhere where I'll see it a lot & it'll be looking at me for attention & randomly ranting at me to complete it. :lol:
    And I might. :D
    I do know it could look a lot better if I put the time & effort in, it's a matter of getting that desire to.

:D Thanks Attila.

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

This nearly ended up just wasting away in the cellar but I went back to using 2 GPU's in SLI & the retail case I bought ran too hot so put this back to use, runs cooler & quieter. :)
    [​IMG]