1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Ljs

Ljs Modder

If you vape under a smoke detector, it will go off. If that isn't proof, I don't know what is. :p

2. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

I've got a smoke detector directly above my desk and had been vaping here for 2+ years before they "banned" it. Never went off once.

What the heck are you vaping to set off a radiological smoke detector?

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 4 Jan 2018
  4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Depends on what sort of smoke detector it is. If it's a fairly 'dated' sort, which just detects the presence of particles in the air, then bingo, it'll go off. Newer ones (like the snazzy Toast Proof ones) won't go off with vape.

5. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Also:

Proof of what exactly? If you're setting off a smoke alarm with a PV then you aren't vaping - you're burning something.

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My smoke detector has gone off after a particularly hot shower with the door open...

9. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Cana featuring Fat Daddy 510. No more fidgeting with the stupid screw as positive contact, spring-loaded goodness instead.

[​IMG]

10. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Ex smoker (18 months 'clean') here.
    Everyone I have spoke to who vapes (terrible 'word' btw) always 'sells' the 'no smoke' benefit.
    I wonder does constant water vapour bring inhaled directly into the lungs may cause some harm over a period of time?

Not judging her, just wondering.
    And they have got to be 'better' than normal cigarettes.

11. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

12. Andersen

The thing about e-cigs and health is that they do not contain nasty chemicals added on purpose. I'm guessing thats not a complete list.

I bet cigs made 100 years ago were less harmful than ones made yesterday.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nice :thumb:. Me and a mate were going to build DNA30s a while back... right before devices like the IPV2 hit the market. Once those things arrived there was little point - you're not really saving any money. I still have some of the kit I need (lipo cells & aluminium chassis) so I might look at building a DNA40 :D.

It's not 100% risk-free and I don't think anyone would claim that it is. However we know what goes into e-liquid, and we know what goes into regular cigarettes - on balance, the latter is orders of magnitude worse than the former. Personally I'm following the evidence, and right now the evidence says that it's not as harmful as smoking, but it might not be entirely risk-free and we don't know the long-term consequences over several decades.

Let's see if I can do the same...

Mods:
    HCigar Nemesis mech clone (silver plated contacts & magnetic switch upgrades)
    Unbranded Nemesis mech clone
    Vamo V2
    L-Rider Robust
    Eleaf iStick

Atties:
    Protank 2
    Kayfun Lite clone
    Trident clone
    Mutation X

...Not actually that much! Usually my ADV is the HCigar Nemesis with the Mutation X RDA, because the Mutation X is freakin' awesome and the Nemmy just...works. However I picked up the iStick today and that is also awesome. I might put some bigger coils in the Mutation X and try it on the iStick; currently the coils are at 0.6ohm, but there's a lower limit of 1ohm on the iStick. The iStick is a seriously impressive bit of kit for something so small.

14. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

15. Andersen

Found the 22mm beauty ring or whatever its called.

[​IMG]

Should come like this from factory.

16. Ljs

Ljs Modder

The comment was a little tongue in cheek but the smoke detector did go off in my hallway when I was vaping under it. I was a little surprised and thought it was amusing.

Could well be an older detector - I'm not really an expert on them, it just came with the house. :p

17. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Just ordered a 120ml bottle of Suicide Bunny mothers milk. :lol:
    I intend to give quitting smoking a shot come 2015.

18. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I've been enjoying Manabush Chiricahua and Digsby's Mums Custard at the moment. I'm intending to use the Xmas downtime to get a bit better at rebuilding my RBA as I got totally fed up with the coils not lasting very long on the Nautilus Mini, and due to poor organisation my behalf, using the 1.6ohm BDC coils only because it is what a local shop stocks (and they are absolutely terrible).

I've actually been smoking the last couple of weeks because of this and can already feel the ill effects from it.

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Do you guys inhale the vapers?.

I've tried it & it feels far worse than smoking so I'm just puffing on it instead, it definitely fills the desire for a smoke so I think I'm good to quit come 2015, vape for however long I need to get clear of wanting a smoke & then quit the vape, I've smoked for 2/3 of my life & I'm quitting while I'm ahead. :)

20. jrs77

jrs77 Modder