1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

I hummed and arrrd about getting the 2k version. However it has a glossy screen which itself is a deal breaker, but also the cost which was around £300 for me wasn't justified; even though Windows 10 will be optimised for higher res screens...

It outputs in 4k via Mini DP, so when I get a 4k Screen it should be all good.

2. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

[​IMG]
    Mamiya DSX 1000 in black leather bag also containing
    Mamiya/Sekor SX 28mm f/2.8 with pouch
    Mamiya/Sekor SX 55mm f/1.8
    Mamiya/Sekor SX 135mm f/2.8
    some M42 extension tubes.
    All in immaculate condition, really like new (though the 28mm needs a bit of grease).

I liked the Mamiya lens I last bought so much that I didn't hesitate when I saw this bargain.
    I almost wish they weren't so beautiful. Now I hesitate to mod them a bit to fit on my camera.

3. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

Finally received my Miracast adapter a.k.a. "Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter" and a Minolta 100mm F4 Macro lens from eBay. It's a $200 lens that had a $49 buy it now price.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The lens has a dent in the front ring but it is still usable with a filter. And more importantly, it's tack-sharp. :D
    [​IMG]
    (Click for fullres, more pics here)

The Miracast adapter works great as well. The connection takes just a few seconds after the first time and allows you to duplicate anything on your phone/tablet/laptop's screen without a WiFi connection. Should be great for presentations, holidays and to get some HD youtube and internet on our older TV. :)

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ah, glossy screen would be a problem - I don't know why they put them on laptops considering you're going to be out and about with them.

I like the 4K option - again, a 980m will handle older games (i.e UT3 based) with ease and may allow a somewhat playable experience with the latest and greatest. Please post some benchmarks when you get your 4K screen!

5. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

Will do, not sure when I will get one yet, more likely after Windows 10 is released in the Autumn, I have mainly got this laptop to support my gaming addiction while travelling 250k miles a year.

Makes my Lenovo X1 looks old and slow I have say, but that could be to do with the X1 has been a little battered over the last year or so.

Just need to get a larger SSD, as the one big let down is the 128gb SSD installed and I no longer can tolerate mech' disks for anything other than file storage, but the fact it can have four drives, fixes all those issues, just need to find the right one.

Ill get some 980m benches up when its all sorted.:rock:

6. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

Phanteks (red) cpu cooler for my girlfriends pure AMD pc. :cooldude:

7. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

5 of these modest Kingston USB 3.0 8GB sticks.

Getting fed up of wasting DVDs to burn ISO's onto, going to pre load them with all of the images i regularly use to make machine installation allot faster : )

[​IMG]

8. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

Finally got my Corsair 750D in. Realized my hardware isn't worthy of this case. XD

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That's great news, tell the bank manager to sit down with a stiff drink and fire up the credit card:lol:

10. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

HAHAHA! I wish I could. Sadly, things like rent and car insurance take precedence. Besides, I had already planned a major upgrade for about mid-2015. I may actually switch to team blue, still debating.

11. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Me and my Friend just bought tickets to Reading Festival. First festival in a few years woo

12. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Sim free in Gold with a black leather half case :).

Uber phone awesomeness :D

13. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

[​IMG]

New Phone case

legoman likes this.
  14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Health to enjoy :thumb: Which phone are you coming from?

15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Rep incoming for a rather tasty phone case

Freebie through my car insurance (Aviva) something to help motivate me to exercise. seeing as I'm allowed to again

[​IMG]

16. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

They're alright, I have that one and I've had it for just over a year, the band has been replaced once already (covered by warranty) and 1/2 of it has torn again where the device slides into the band again, just a heads up. Also, sometimes it won't charge with the usb thing it has, so you have to wedge something into the top to force the thing into the prongs. I wish I had gotten the model up that has the time on it / digital display.

17. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

[​IMG]

Makes tasty tasty tasty coffee as quickly as boiling a kettle ( we have a gas hob :rock: )

18. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Did you get a notification that you were getting one as I also applied and have heard nothing yet.

19. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    Stanley blades x10

[​IMG]
    3/8 tripod adaptor, just for the nuts really.

[​IMG]

Plastic tub, for storing model paints- I have over 30 tins left, after culling all the dried out ones that were ~20 years old :worried:

[​IMG]
    Tool storage, makes more sense than stuffing everything into a tool box and not being able to find anything as it's too full.

[​IMG]
    18mm MDF sheet

[​IMG]
    Walnut vinyl wrap for the MDF sheet- making a new/extra shelf for my wall unit.

20. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder