1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Loramentum - Fan Upgrade! - Update 27th January 2017

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Maki role, 15 Jan 2014.

1. Jeffinslaw

Jeffinslaw What's a Dremel?

Nice job! Great to see it finished. I love the carrying case, will have to attempt something like that for my compact splash case to make travel a little more easier.

-Jeffinslaw

2. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Alex, well done on finishing the project the finished article is outstanding!

Thanks for the mention aswell man was an honour being apart of this project.

3. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Now, thats a mod you can measure in liters. Hehe :)

4. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Gah, and here I was thinking I'd actually responded to the comments here :grr: Sort of left everybody hanging

I am indeed, although I'm aware of the potential quality reduction in doing that. I used to resize them all manually in PS, but I found juggling all the different sizes across different forums became a bit of a nightmare. Just needed to deal with one size makes transplanting things a lot easier I've found.

It's got that big breakfast taste that gamers love! Cheers man!

Thanks Mockingbird, I'm glad you liked it, it was a real adventure to work on.

Hey man, glad to see you're still pushing forward with your build despite the setbacks along the way, looking better than ever with the recent vinyl work!

Haha yeah I think it's quite a good idea for an build in general really. I'm planning on building a similar case for any rig that I feel I'm likely to bring to LANs or shows in the future. Once you get the ins and outs of building one, they're remarkably simple and really help protect against general damage.

Thanks James, you helped get this project off the ground to begin with, wouldn't be right not mentioning you in there. :)

Hehe, about .57l to be exact.

And in related news, those of you who also frequent OCN may have noticed that I'm currently taking part in this month's MotM competition there. It's a tough month with some grand competition, so if you feel like lending a hand (or a vote even) pop by over there and have a gander.

Also, it seems that Asus NA have kindly featured Loramentum on their official FB page too!

5. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Have to say I do like this oe. It looks great and its very different to a lot of builds on here.. Nice work

6. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

7. Maki role

8. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

It deserves the attention, its a top notch build. If I had to put a top 10 together for this years builds that would be in there.

Oh hang on. I have got to put a top 10 together for the MOTY :D

9. Maki role

Thanks man, it means a lot hearing that you rate it so highly. Speaking of lists, damn I really need to get onto finishing my own selections for MotY, since we have 10 slots for each category it makes sense to use them eh?

I'd also like to extend a big thank you to anybody here who may have also voted for Loramentum in the OCN Mod of the Month November competition! I came first by a surprisingly considerable margin, so hats off to everybody here who may have contributed. There were some fantastic builds present so it really came as a bit of a shock to be honest.

10. tekwarfare

tekwarfare What's a Dremel?

Hi, how did you go about mounting the PSU? I've trawled through all the pictures, but I can't make sense of how you've suspended it.

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

A bit of excitement just leaked out.

12. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

A top class build log and stunning (mild understatement!!!) end result Maki, a well deserved MotY nomination also (yes mate you did most certainly get my vote :thumb:).

It's great to see guys such as yourself further pushing the modding envelope - I'm sure this will inspire more than a few builds in it's wake fella :rock:

13. Ace_finland

Ace_finland Minimodder

love it maki!

14. Maki role

Was in the process of answering this when I realised I had already done so on OCN rofl.

For anybody else who'd interested, it's on page 7: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=266632&page=7

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cheers man and thanks for the vote! Was a great competition this year with some fantastic projects, was honoured to be counted among them.

Thanks Ace!

What's this? An update of sorts?

Well I didn't want to end on purely pictures of the rig, how about some of it in use in a battlestation?

Over Christmas I was working on fixing up my peripherals, which had been lagging behind by quite a bit. So I picked up an Asus PB279Q 4k IPS monitor, along with some Beyerdynamic T90 headphones. To drive the cans, I also picked up a Schiit Modi DAC and Asgard II amplifier. The stand I'm using is just a quick thing I made out of some left over 10mm polycarbonate, simple and effective.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

[​IMG]

Pure awesomeness!
    I love this build.

16. Afrocomb

Afrocomb What's a Dremel?

17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

This is very true, but remember Anthony works for Bit-tech as well as contributing to Forbes. He's Combatus in these here forums.

It is an amazing build though :thumb:

18. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Excellent job Maki :rock:

19. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Desk shot is amazing. You MUST ditch that mouse mat though!
    Glad we could be a part of this amazing build. One of my all time favorites. Hopefully we will work together more in the future...!

20. Maki role

Cheers Phinix, means a lot!

I had actually noticed, but didn't end up posting. I had been wondering where all these mysterious Forbes mentions had been coming from in people's logs, then I looked at the left and column and realised why. As Shirty mentioned, our own Antony is responsible for that, which is pretty awesome.

Thanks Bill!

Hehe don't worry that mousemat is long gone, was the only one I had to hand and I needed something to use. Yes, the future eh... I wonder what that could bring? :naughty: