1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

This technical report that I'm attempting to write, would have preferred a more complex coding project with a smaller write-up.

Oh and companies taking their sweet time with regards to job applications.

2. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Sounds like you need to stay clear,you must be a very patient man. Id have lost my temper. *Ginger rage*

What's making my life slightly difficult is eBay sellers!

Some plank totally oversold this laptop that I bought, even went as far as giving me the product code for the i5 version. What turned up was the Pentium version with half the ram and half the hard disk.

It was also just slung in a box with no protection, postman said he had to tape it back up as it all spilled out in his van.

Only cost me £60 so to save hastle I accepted a partial refund and broke it for parts. (screen was shattered)

Gah...

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

@MrJay, that sounds aweful. I've seen quite a few posts recently with ebay issues. I don't know how you all have the patience to wait on ebay / paypal while trying to remain neutral with the seller or buyer after being dicked around. If there is one thing I hate, it's being dicked around.

4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I'd agree with that - I've sold things on here recently that I could easily have made more money for on ebay but I'd rather deal with the lovely people on here and lose £20 or £30 rather than have to deal with the morons on ebay...

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Not really life-ruining, but I'm having a real ballache with Amazon at the moment. Ordered a number of items last Wednesday, including a microSD card, and paid for next-day delivery. Everything has arrived save the memory card, which after a webchat with Amazon CS yesterday morning was determined to have been lost in transit (from Germany of all places). A replacement order was generated and Amazon assured me that it would be sent out yesterday and delivered today, but the order status is still sitting at "Dispatching now" and it's obvious that I'm not going to receive it before tomorrow at the very earliest.

Although Amazon's CS reps have been very polite and helpful, I'm still waiting for my order and tbh if I'd known yesterday that I wouldn't be getting the memory card today then I'd have cancelled the order and sourced the card elsewhere. I don't mind that there are occasional problems with orders or unforeseen delays, but I do mind when there's a problem and I'm then made promises that aren't kept.

Frustrating stuff, especially as in my experience Amazon are spot on with sorting this sort of thing out, so when they don't live up to their usual standards it's especially disappointing.

6. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Yeah, don't know what is up with Amazon lately.

Ordered an Xbox controller on the 2nd, said it was instock, paid for next day delivery. still hadn't arrived by the 9th so check the tracker: Packaged up and shipped the previous day from ITALY, and sitting at a warehouse in France. Finally received it today.

Damn skippy I'm claiming back the postage from this.

7. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Forgetting that Outlook 2013 will not work with exchange 2003 :duh:

8. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

*Pennyless (aka broke)
    *Jobless
    *Girlfriendless
    *Parentless for half of the year
    *Overweight & unfit.
    *recovering from a major cold.

But you know what, i'm somewhat happy. I am pursuing a new career, going gym for the last few months and have spent the last few years traveling. I always have to remind myself that there's always someone worse off than myself, Those things i've listed above are only temporary, compared to some other persons issues even classed as trivial.

All in all, not as bad as it seems.

9. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Is that from Amazon themselves or a third party? I run up about 200 Amazon orders a year, and Amazon always ship from the UK. Third party sellers on the other hand are all over the shop and sometimes clearly won't meet Prime next day shipping despite having the logo.

10. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Flu.
    Can't pop my left ear (consider I was on a plane on Thursday and Sunday and that sucks yet more).
    Conjunctivitis in both my eyes.

OMG, just sneezed, ears popped.
    I feel so much better.......

Last edited: 13 Jan 2015
  11. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

What he said^. Next day delivery, from Germany & Italy to the UK = good luck with that.

When there are multiple sellers ( offers ) of an item, I always check which ones are in the UK or foreign sellers and then make my choice based on that + total price including shipping. It should be fairly obvious that only sellers in the same country as the buyer can actually meet next day shipping, anything else will take longer no matter what.

Not ruining my life, but I got a nice ransom letter from Parcelforce this morning, just paid that and expect delivery tomorrow of my Berserk Fuhrer figure finally. Wouldn't be so bad since it's only ~£10 VAT fee, but then they added on a nice ~£13 handling charge, asshats.

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

FWIW, my order was direct from Amazon (and not from a third party and fulfilled by Amazon, but sold directly by Amazon), and the memory card was showing on the order tracking as shipping from an Amazon fulfilment centre in Germany and was last seen at their facility in Grimbergen, Belgium :D The rest of the order, which did arrive next day, was shipped from Swansea :D

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I've had a few problems with both Amazon Marketplace and Amazon Prime (sold by Amazon) items in the past few weeks as well, but thankfully nothing that wasn't resolved quickly and satisfactorily. Amazon even extended my Prime membership for one month free of charge as a goodwill gesture.

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Wait till you migrate to 2013, then you will have problems! Done it at work oh the joys! That and stumbling over users with 12Gb PSTs

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Yup, we're moving from gmail based to outlook 2013 at work. Going from 30GB storage to 8...

16. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Yeah thanks for that. Thankfully it won't be for a while yet! More likely to be exchange 2018 or something by the time they upgrade :D

17. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'm getting seriously ticked off here. Despite my replacement order being placed by Amazon on Monday afternoon, I've still not received my memory card. It's currently "in transit" having finally been dispatched from Bedfordshire at 5pm yesterday, with the last update at 9pm at which point it was in Milton Keynes and heading up to Edinburgh. It's supposed to be next-day delivery, and I should have received it on Tuesday, but it looks very much as if I'll be damn lucky to see it today. That's pretty shoddy, imo, and given that the original order was placed last Wednesday (before being lost in transit), I'm less than impressed that the replacement order is also having problems.

To delay/lose one delivery for an order is unfortunate, but to delay two begins to look like carelessness! Amazon will be getting a stern email if and when the bloody thing finally arrives.

The most annoying thing is that if I'd known that I wasn't going to get the item by now, I'd have cancelled the order and gone elsewhere for it. Grrrr.

Edit: And there's an email just now advising that "due to an unexpected delay, your order may arrive one business day later than expected"...

Last edited: 14 Jan 2015
  18. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Berserk Fuhrer arrived today, opened the worryingly large box to be met by about 20 sprues. Twenty. Sprues. To put that into context, most 1/72 model kits tend to be 3-4 sprues, maybe 6 for the complicated models. I just stared into the box and laughed for a minute, closed it up and put it to one side- I'll start on that one when I'm feeling braver & I've finished the other two models in the que ahead of it.

19. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Anytime ;)

Got home from work to find a white demote letter from work.

They in quite a chipper manner in the letter had given me a "pay rise" of -£1310 :confused: Gee thanks! The figure was my new salary which I'm not posting here not that number, but thats the difference

20. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Not ruining my life but I ordered 250G of Lapsang Souchong from a chinese ebay seller, after 4 weeks I received some unknown black tea.