1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Just Had confirmation that my Mortgage offer is in the post and on the way.

Now starts the rest of the ordeal of buying a house.

2. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Got an offer to do Computer Science at Cambridge. Pretty chuffed TBH :D

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Headphones broke. 1.5 hours later, and some help from my brother, and we fixed em! Apparently the headphones I have are notorious for using a thin wire, which wears out and shorts the right ear out. Drilled a few holes, soldered some new wires, and all is well! As much as I wouldn't mind new headphones, I'd rather save what money I can.

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

the fluorescent tubes in the next-door office (currently empty) flashing along with Aphex Twin

5. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

With good reason, well done!

6. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I've had similar twice and got two extra months on my prime now, it's great!

7. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

This is an odd one but what is making my life awesome at the moment is a strange change in mindset. I've become a lot more relaxed about everything recently. I'm not sure why or how but I won't complain. Even started sleeping like a normal person again this week.

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Triple post chaos!

9. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Yeah, sorry about that, got carried away. Nearly did a 4th saying sorry but I thought better of it.

10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

This is the same for me really, this Christmas has possibly been one of the worst times and its just taken this long for me to get to a point were I've got my head straight and I think it might be working itself out... I couldn't really put my finger on why I was necessarily feeling so stressed because it was so horrifically difficult and so its hard to find a solution to that. I had an evening where I just sat up unable to sleep and slowly seemed to get my head straight, things started to make more sense. I woke up this morning feeling amazing, sleeping from the moment I went to bed to waking up at a normal time of the morning and feeling absolutely refreshed and awake.

Learning to live on no money (zilch, nada, no currency, empty pockets) and still have a great time has also been a nice learning experience. I don't feel the need to carry any cash on me anymore like its necessary. we're also finding that it gives us more quality time as a couple, I'm not trying to find costly activity's to fill chunks of the day like I'm trying to keep her interested which results in our attention being off each other and on something else.

11. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

This one is a 50/50. It's good, but its bad. As I stated back in late December, I had a phone interview and it went well, said they'd contact me in the new year. Followed up today to get some more information, and turns out the 3 month training won't start until March / April. I was under the assumption it would start "early" in the new year. However, the lady also commented how she liked my credentials and communication skills, and I am still very much interested in the opportunity.

I think I'll be looking for a temporary part/full time position for 2 months just to get some pocket money.

12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Congrats!

Now go build a redstone computer to celebrate!

fuus likes this.
  13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its snowing outside, some nice blues playing and the tablet.

awesomes

[​IMG]

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

£25 Lotto win :D

15. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I tidied all of the cables around my desk, put some hooks and things like that around so that I can hang up my headphones and get to my desk without tripping over a cable. Good times.

Also, my mrs. is in such high demand at work that they want to promote her already. She's not even been working there for 3 months. I think the point is to send some waves through the management because most of the staff don't do their jobs and others dump a lot of work on my mrs. and her manager - they end up doing most of the work, even when it's not in their job description. They want her to go from a KR5 paygrade to a KR8, that's around £5,000 more a year. I don't know if she'll go for it because it means even more work, she's pretty stressed as it is.

Meanwhile, I cleaned the house - the joys of being a stay-at-home father.

16. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Finally having an office with enough space for multiple desks.
    Finally having my OWN PC/rig back to myself after 5 years of sharing (and 2 years since being given a "gaming rig" for by birthday and only being able to use it when the missus is out).
    Finally having enough space to fire up an old PC and have a play with using it as a server.

17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Xbox 360 gone sold randomly of an evening, instead of blowing the money on stupid nick nacks I've paid of the remainder of my credit card early.

The games are slowly dwindling down to nothing, I'll probably package my older psone and ps2 games up for nostalgia and get rid of the cheapo beech chip board DVD tower that's always been in the way.

Clutter free feels amazing, being sensible feels even better.

18. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

I signed the lease agreement for a nice two room flat today. Best. Feeling. Ever. Finally I get to leave that little sh*thole of a one room flat I had to move into after getting sick seven-ish years ago. Seriously, I will not take one single piece of furniture with me from there. They joy from throwing out all that junk will be immense.

While not overly big the new flat has a nice living room I can actually invite people into without beeing embarased. Oh, and also a working kitchen including a working oven and more than one hotplate. First thing I will do when I have settled in is make a nice pizza from scratch.

I have not been this happy for years!

19. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

New Corsair K95 RGB keyboard. Never ever had so much fun with a keyboard.

20. MadDogg

MadDogg Sofa King Awesome

Awesome :thumb: