1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Sorry Dave. I am so hungry I nearly collapsed though, in my defence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

#smokedbaconmasterrace

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Streaky or back though?

Actually, I just realised the stupidity of that question when I asked it

4. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

An aluminium heatbed, some bearings and a few other parts for a 3D printer, got about half the parts now.
    Oh and a 120GB 840 evo since my old SSD died.

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I just picked up the K95 RGB and don't understand how it is a 'let down'. It does what it says on the tin lets you go bonkers with colours and effects. For example, I've set up my 'normal' usage scheme as blue, with a dark purple on the macro keys. When I press a key it goes white, then fades back to the blue over 2 seconds. It looks awesome.

6. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Linx 10 ordered off the 17 pages of discussion in the hardware section :D

Been a long while since I had a new toy to tinker with :)

7. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Brother laser printer was low on toner. Thank god for amazon. Regular 1200 page toner was $54.99 plus tax, and $82.99 plus tax for 2400 pages locally. $57.43 plus tax and free shipping for the 2400 page toner on Amazon (from Brother). Value!

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That stuff is wonderful, I'd never be without my tub of it!

10. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

I have to say it is a fantastic keyboard, I can understand all the flaming about the UI - but to be honest I am in the market of stealing peoples profiles rather than creating my own, so for me the crap UI isn't too much of a problem.

There are some very patient and talented people making some brilliant profiles.

As for the miles, I could get all serious - but basically my jobs involves playing with new technology, understanding what's hot and what's not, predicting future trends, then sharing these insights and learning with our global business's and supporting in them in the creation of agile IT strategies.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just bought a set of these from Lidl, PowerFix Furniture Transport Though the link is Ebay as I cannot find it on the Lidl site.

I have a massive desk in my man cave mainly a metal frame with a chunky desktop and it has been about 70mm out of position in relation to my speakers, I know pretty anal, anyway I was not centred on the desk. With these now I am.

Jack up the table with the supplied lever, slide the wheels under, move desk, even on carpet.

Well worth the £8.99.

12. stormbringer500

stormbringer500 What's a Dremel?

Couldn't resist looks really nice.

[​IMG]

13. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I was looking at the Linx tablets so I could have full fat windows to travel with but decided to go for one of these:
    [​IMG]

£119 at Tesco after using a discount code and as I got it through work it's less VAT, making in £100.

I don't want to have to take my gaming laptop everywhere with me when I'm out and about, which is all the time. This should do what I need it to as long as I can boot in to Linux from a USB drive.

I've had an hour with it so far and it's pretty nippy. Took no time to set up at all. So far fairly chuffed for the price.

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I love that film! One of Britain's best!

You've sold me. I was concerned after reading a couple of reviews which went along the lines of "it's a great keyboard, but it's let down by xyx" but those were, as you've both mentioned, related to the software and not the quality of the board itself. Undoubtedly I will be adding one to my gaming setup in the next couple of weeks!

In the meantime though, I need to get this lot installed in the van!

New dash cam, Transcend DrivePro 200. The one I'm using at the moment doesn't handle exposure change very well, but in hindsight I may not get used to the size and obviousness of this one. I might change it for a "Wedge" A118 one in the future if that's the case:

[​IMG]

Suction mount for the DrivePro:

[​IMG]

3m USB A to Mini B cable to install it properly through the headliner, A-pillar and dashboard:

[​IMG]

32GB card for it:

[​IMG]

A couple of 12v cigarette lighter sockets, one to be installed in the glove compartment to run the camera and charge a phone or iPod out of sight, and one for the underside of the dash at the driver's foot well, to be wired as a "switched permanent live" so I can charge things whilst the ignition is off:

[​IMG]

One of these in soft white (second down from the top) for the glove compartment. Kangoo came with a huge glove box, but no glove box light! I plan on rectifying that:

[​IMG]

Logitech K830 for my HTPC:

[​IMG]

MONTAR phone holder, since Element Case aren't going to get off their backside any time soon and release an iPhone 6 compatible case for their Fuse Dek mount system (which I already owned from my 5S case). I've owned the van for over two months now and not having my phone mounted on the dash has been an annoying inconvenience:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Jan 2015
  15. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Finally got pissed off enough by the abysmal range and connectivity drop-offs from the HomeHub to replace it with something more powerful and customisable.

[​IMG]
    Netgear Nighthawk AC1900.
    Managed to pick it up for £102.93 with a voucher.

Despite the gimmicky name and advertising, it's running fantastically for my BT Infinity connection, everythings connecting immediately and for the first time in 2+ years I have working port forwarding and DNS settings. :D

I went for a walk about to test range as well, and amazingly, I can actually get on my wi-fi across the road at my local village hall is so awesome!

16. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

The software isn't amazing, but once you've worked out how to use it you can cope. I've also just added clear o-rings to my K95 to reduce the bottoming out noise you can get with reds, works quite nicely without impacting the lighting.

In fact, I like this keyboard so much I ordered a K70 RGB for my wife who has been admiring the pretty colours.

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

A spanner

[​IMG]

Which was promptly attacked with an angle grinder to make it fit the space it was bought for;

[​IMG]

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Ouch! I wonder if they'll honour the lifetime warranty if anything (else) happens it now? :D

19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Nikon D3200 for £259 after cashback. It's really quite incredible that this level of photographic gear can be purchased for so little nowadays.

I'm blown away by the IQ of the D3200 considering the high resolution. I wanted the cheapest DSLR I could get new, and I'm extremely happy with it.

20. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

You're going to have to tell me what the space it has to fit in is, because it's driving me mad trying to work it out :D

You've ground down the ring end, which would still need enough clearance to remove from the bolt, which would probably mean that there's enough room for the open end without any grinding? Unless I'm missing something.