1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Party invoice: Boy sent bill for birthday no-show

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 19 Jan 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

As a parent I would would tell them to roll it up as tightly as possible and shove it where the sun does't shine. Hopefully the idiots will get laughed out of court.

Edit: 2000 posts :rock:

3. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Oh dear lord......

That childs mother is in for a lifetime of disappointment.

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Saw this on the BT news website earlier, oh man.

I suppose the issue really is that they pre-booked the ski session based on a certain number of people, so when someone didn't turn up, they had to cover the shortfall themselves/ wasted that ~£15 on an absent kid. Then again, surely it would be based on a price per person so it shouldn't have cost them anything as such, then again, surely the kid's ( who didn't turn up ) parents would be the ones paying to go to the ski session, not the party kids parents. None of that makes any sense really as it isn't clarified very well, if at all. Based on the BBC article, look like they booked the session based on a fixed number of people- that was a mistake...

But yeah, good luck getting any money out of anyone just because they couldn't turn up, must be seriously snobbish to behave like that. I remember when a kids birthday party involved paper hats, jelly and icecream and then running around in the garden.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Those were the days.

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I'm not sure what's worse tbh, the incident in question or the fact that it made the news.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

The BBC News channel has just confirmed that it is a shadow of it's former self as this story, with reporter sent hot foot down to Cornwall, was reported about 5 minutes ago between the story of Boco Haran raiding into the Cameroon and last night being the coldest night in places this winter in the UK.

How sad is that?

8. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I wouldn't even trust the date as far as BBC news is concerned.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Could be worse: could be Fox News. Or is that just the Comedy Channel's version of Brass Eye? :p

10. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

How stupid this is. First the invoice is moronic and childish, but then so is contacting the press about it. People need to grow up.

11. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

Until the kids reach about 9 , its all a big playground competition between parents to see who does the biggest and most expensive parties.... a joke really :(

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Presumably those kids who did attend didn't have to pay for use of the dry ski slope, so why should a non-attendee have to pay? Bonkers.

13. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

This

I reckon there is probably some preamble to the story that has not made the news report.

14. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Welcome to news in Cornwall, we have such little going on down here that disputes with children's parties are among our biggest stories.

15. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I saw it today and thought hell, has she nothing better to do ?

If that goes to court she'll be laughed out, by the judge, it won't even get heard and the judge won't take too kindly to a summons for such a small amount, it will cost her more to take it to court than the actual disputed amount.

I can see that news in Pasty Land is a bit slow again. Like suenstar also from Cornwall, that said now I've left I doubt I'd be allowed back in again.