1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Simply attend all family gatherings wearing your goat leggings and carrying your plastic skull of tomato juice / bloody mary (depending on nature of the function of course). :thumb:

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I must admit I do take the piss when ever I can. It all started when the in laws got brain washed by a couple of spotty yanks! We used to really get on well as a family but over time they have been secretive and pushed aside the family and putting the "church" first. Then they started taking our daughter. She is only 5 and I didn't think it was right for her to go. The wife sided with her mother and it caused a lot of arguments.

Now to top it off the wife is jumping in feet first and starting to behave strangly. She says it's forbidden for her to talk to me about it :wallbash:

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Four airsoft pyros going off near me an making me temporarily deaf in one ear. still ringing now.

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

This is not good!

5. Pookie

Genuinely feel like an outcast in my family. I guess I'll just have to see how it plays out. But I won't be pushed into joining them. Mormania is a damn strange ass religion!

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

As good a place as any for Stephen's story.

7. Pookie

Yep, it really struck a chord as they targeted my wife's mum. The wife's sister had moved away for uni so I guess she was susceptible with both kids having left the nest and feeling lonely. The father Inlaw can't think for himself and just does as he is told :D

8. suragh

suragh Derp

USB write protection :wallbash:

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

You need to show your family that video, and a few others on the subject too. If they refuse to watch/listen, just pull a gun on them or something ( a replica ofcourse... :worried: ) and make them listen. Makes me glad really, my whole family has zilch in the way of religious interest or beliefs.

10. Pookie

They are in too deep now. I tried all that when the missionaries started coming around. The father in law is becoming a bishop and the mother in law is some kind of youth leader. They even wear the stupid underwear that goes with it. And they comply with the 10% tithing rule.

If my wife signs up and goes down the route of tithing 10% of our earnings, then quite frankly we are done!

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Replace the word "tithe" with "spend" and 10% with 80% and you have yourself a stereotypical wife.

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I've managed to make an epic financial phuc up whilst moving money between accounts. Now I'm massively over drawn (as in sailed past my OD limit) and playing the 'where did it go' game with a four figure sum of money.

Getting the money back isn't going to be a problem, but once all the OD fees and a couple of bounced transactions are paid for I think I just threw £200-ish into the furnace by being careless.

[​IMG]

13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

And they say misogyny is dead.

SuicideNeil likes this.
  14. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Be quiet. Don't label something that can widely be described and proved as truth, misogyny. I've lost count of how many forum friends report the same thing- they have to ask permission from their partners before they can spend a penny on their own hobbies or interests, but their wives/girlfriends will happily piss money up the wall, spending it on themselves 'because they need it' or 'it was on sale' or 'the house comes first' ( cos shoes, clothes, make up, girlie nights out fall under house expenditures, not personal expenditure ).

Ofcourse, the apologists will label anyone who even dreams of pointing these things out as sexist pigs; when women do the same thing back, that's just fine and dandy ( cos we've never seen or heard a woman ever make sexual or sexist remarks about men, nope... ).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I imagine many of the guys here will agree, while about 2 will actually be the lucky ones who don't have partners like that.

15. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I don't have a partner, so I spend my money how I want, but if I had one she'd be worth spending it on, and I would :)

16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Spent today in the cells :( because my partner attacked me this morning causing cuts all down my arms and on my chest then phoned the police and said I was punching her head in... When they arrived I showed them my cuts and said ask her where her injurys are and she had none... I was arrested because... She had a son there. I'm now at my parents house getting text saying she's going to throw my pride and joy pc out in the rain with the rest of my belongings.

I don't have a clue what she's stealing or damaging or smashing in my home where she has no right to be...

I guess the reason I got her back last time after she attacked me was because when I was fat and younger I never had a girl friend and tried to commit suicide because I thought I'd be forever alone, I have no friends no social life I ain't visited a club or pub in about 7 months and I'm scared of just being on my own but no one deserves this...

However I do have two beautiful kids and so long as there happy and I keep being a brilliant dad that's all that matters right?

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That's pretty much it. Keep on keeping on. :thumb:

18. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Firstly, where is that aggression coming from? This is Bit-Tech. We don't tell each other to shut up or be quiet.

Secondly, just because you happen to have heard some stories about in-equal spending habits does not make this a universal truth. My wife and I, for example, have a happily balanced budget where we both get exactly the same amount of 'free' spending money and purchases over that limit are discussed and agreed upon. I also happen to know several other couples who are exactly the same.

Don't defend your sexist attitude on this "but it's the truth" nonsense. Yes, sexism can flow both ways, but the fact of society right now is that women have it worse. Appealing to the 'bros' to support your case is part of the problem.

I challenged a supposition that a woman will spend 80% of a joint income. That is a ludicrous statement and reinforces negative stereotypes. You then come along and think it is perfectly realistic.

Finally, as in your post, prove it. Seriously. Prove it beyond all reasonable doubt that the vast majority of women will spend 80% of a joint income on themselves.

19. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

My partner certainly doesn't. We spend our incomes equally between the two of us. And while we spend a lot on the home and holidays I have no problem giving some of my money for her to have her nails or hair done.

I have my hobbies which I do spend money on which I am thankful my partner doesn't moan about. However, any large expenditures are talked about and planned between the two of us.

If a partnership is one sided, then I would believe one side of the relationship would be a lot happier than the other.

Anyway, this should be left for another thread if it's to continue.

What's ruining my day? The weather and I have 18 months to wait until my holiday to Florida again.

20. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Now, now people. What was a (misguided) joking comment has turned sour and a little flamey.

Before we all start talking about how fair our budgets are, let's put the flamethrowers down and walk away.