1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sid Meier’s Starships on the way

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 20 Jan 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Looks good!

3. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Sigh. I wished they would fix Beyond Earth, first.

It's not a broken game (in terms of playability), but it's lacking so much to make it a decent game. It's basically similiar to how Civ V started.

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

It's being developed for the ipad at the same time as the PC & Mac, I'm sure it's going to be a shining example of a game...

Agree with Scroome about Beyond Earth, there has been a single patch to address some of the major issues, however it's still what I would call 'basically functional' in terms of playability. It could have been so much better.
    Probably the biggest disappointment of 2014?

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Meh, GalCiv3? I'm not expecting Starships to bring anything new to the table except a new skin.

6. Scroome

Scroome Modder

It's certainly up there. I was really hoping it wouldn't turn out to be just a glorified Civ V mod, designed as a cash in.

It's really starting to feel that way.

I feel Sid is starting to go a little Molyneux (just a little more cash brained)

7. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I was just looking for this kind of game this weekend. I'm currently reading a book on this kind of subject material and got the hankering. Then I realised that there isn't really like a squad based small fleet rts out there.