1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Maxwell GTX Titan to cost alot more!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Harlequin, 21 Jan 2015.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

http://www.expreview.com/38393.html

WOW

an increase to $1349!! totally unbelievable they are charging commercial money for a gaming card! - and please NVidiots don't go defending this - its not a professional card , as you don't have the software or service support which professional products have

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Titan X comes after Titan Z which is a dual GPU then there's Titan Black. nVidia marketing must be having a laugh. Next it'll be Titan super GTX Black ZX.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Nvidia are not idiots or having a laugh, they know there are plenty of early adopters out there, with more money than sense, who will pay the high prices to be able to boast they have the latest and best gear.

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Disappointing if true. Can only hope there's a 980Ti release 6 months down the line...

5. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

With the rates going as they are at the moment and hovering around the 1.5 mark your looking at £1250inc VAT for the card, possibly more if the etailers decided to crank up the margin on it.

6. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Those prices are ridiculous I certainly won't be getting more than two

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Maybe Nvidia are working towards this (0:26):-

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Let's be honest, the target market for these cards is people with more money than sense, so you shouldn't be surprised that NVidia are taking the mickey with the pricing. People should just vote with their wallets and not buy them, but there are always people out there who desperately need the e-peen and will buy these. Heck, someone must buy the likes of AMD's Ares III and they're about £1,200 - just goes to show that there's a (tiny) segment of the enthusiast market that will bend over and take these stupid prices.

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Of course it's an insane amount to spend on a card, especially with their track record of superceding them shortly afterwards at half the price. Bear in mind though, these are heart decisions, not head decisions and they will sell.

BTW it'd be nice to have a thread like this without intentional fanboi baiting - it isn't necessary.

10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

So an extra $350 over the previous generation card, some people are willing to pay for the latest and greatest.

And your poor attempt at starting a fanboi war by calling anyone that defends this idiots, you have also missed who the target audience is for such a card, yes it's not a professional card, but it's also not a gaming card, it's an attempt to combine the two.

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

So, I'll be buying these.

I guess that makes me an idiot. Heaven forbid I want to play at 4k with high frame rates. I wish I'd bought in to the original Titan at launch.

Ah well, it'll make me happy.

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Well said.

The funniest thing about these cards is that they lose so much value so quickly, and people are all like 'paid £1000 for this 6 months ago', but then don't get any buyers because a card that costs 25% of the price is faster.

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

The fact people that will buy these cards is defence enough for their existence.

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Its power is indisputable, its the power:cost ratio makes it look like a bad buy. The 980ti will probably follow it very closely, be less than half the price and just as fast. Therefore the conclusion is inevitably that people have bought them just to show off.

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

If you build it, they will buy.

16. sandys

sandys Multimodder

If it provides the performance I want today and I could afford to buy it today why would I wait for something else, it's not about showing off it's buying to your budget, everyone's budget is different.

With PC gear there is always something better around the corner but if you like to wait for the next big thing you will always be waiting rather than enjoying.

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Problem is, I'm betting the 980Ti will 'only' be released with 4GB. Some of the latest games can really start pushing this limit. However, that's yet another argument that can easily descend into nerd rage.

18. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Bah this is annoying tbh.

I was hoping to upgrade to the next titan equivalent this year, but that may have to wait now.

The thing is, this card would be so damn useful for me thanks tot eh 12GB of VRAM. I use my cards chiefly for CUDA rendering, which eats up memory for breakfast. Some projects I simply can't keep under 6GB thanks to particle systems etc. so having double that would be amazing. But not for an added £400 per card!

Still, it's a darn sight cheaper than the workstation equivalent.