1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Far Cry 4 For the second time with the intention of getting a 100% but I decided that I was not going to do the last two Shangri La missions which I hated with a passion. Overall the game was OK could be a bit repetitive but overall I enjoyed it. It is a pity the game was released when it was given the amount of bugs there were/are as many have still not been patched.

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - Not full completion as there's still many items to find, the challenges to complete and countless runs through the levels to do.
    I'm strangely having a great time getting frustrated at how this game teases with items you can't get, trips you up with some really poor item combos and then tops it all off with tempting offers for powerful items that force you to finish your run with almost no health.

Skyrim... for the hundredth time - I've unlikely done the story that many times really but I've played it so much that I've lost count how many times I've beaten the mains stories. It's one of those games that I often find myself constantly going back to every few months with a new set of mods and tweaks add some new challenges and change the whole feel of the game.

The Walking Dead - Seasons One & Two - I completely missed The Walking Dead games when they originally came out, missed the entire TV show as well. After some convincing from a couple of friends I dove in and was absolutely enthralled by the experience of the games, the story and theme was so well done in the games that I went and started up the TV series when I completed them... sadly the shows are nowhere near the quality of the games and I found myself having to replay the games to wash the bad TV memories out of my brain.

Life is Fuedal: Your Own - This one can't truly be completed as it's an open sandbox with no actual plot, but I consider it completed as I've finally managed to build a massive fort coving a large portion of the island and have a farm that takes absolutely no effort to sustain.
    I'm more than likely going to put this game down until it gets some major content updates and has more people (of the less immature variety) to warrant hosting a proper roleplay server.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - I haven't really completed this one, rather, I've gotten bored of the story and can't be bothered to continue. All I find myself doing in this game lately is sailing around and seeing how many ships I can get into a brawl with... the rest of the game has become a bit stale for me so I see no point playing it other than to mess about at sea every now and then.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Space Run - A rather fun little tower game with several nice touches. I recommend picking it up.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Wolfenstein: The new Order. Finally got around to finishing it apart from the final part of the final boss and I just cannot be bothered. I have always hated final bosses in a game and this is no exception. He takes far to long to recharge his best weapons and in this case I am getting pretty much slaughtered, so after a few deaths I have given up, may have a final go tomorrow but not that concerned if I do not finish it.

It has taken me since the games release to get round to finishing it as it never really gripped me. It was OK but it will be a while before I go back to it.

Far Cry 3 A bit to repetitive for my liking but still fun.

5. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Batman: Arkham City
    Bloody hell - this was immense!! The guys who design these batman games deserve more praise, its was just a lovely game to play once you got into it! A few of the boss fights were just fantastic. My only complaint is that you really need to put in a good hour to get into it, same with AA.

The Solomon Grundy boss fight was one i'll remember for a long time!

I've 100%'d the Batman storyline but there is some catwoman stuff now to continue with.

6. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

Lord of the Rings: War in the north, just missing one achievement that looks impossible (or at least practically impossible) in single player

7. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Strange I loved Wolfenstein: The New Order, a real breath of oldschool air in a rather poor year for FPS games. Loved the setting, the story was decent but most important the combat was fun and varied.

As for the second stage of the boss fight, I had more problems with those bloody armoured shotgun guys on Uber difficulty than I did with the boss. Just keep circling in the middle so he can't damage you as much, don't roam around. Use your laserkraftwerk in zoom mode (does more damage) and while its charging just unload everything else. Grenades and Assault Rifle rockets work well, but everything damages him. It really doesn't take much to take him down and its well worth finishing the game off as the ending is nice.

South Park: The Stick of Truth. I used to watch South Park back when it first aired but long long since stopped and was pretty uneasy about the whole turn based combat in that setting, but got it fairly cheap during the sale and man did they nail it perfectly. It really feels like a long interactive episode of the show. The art style, humour, setting are all perfect. The combat system is surprisingly good and the story is excellent with enough WTF and didn't see that coming moments. My only negative would be its a bit short unless you are like me with RPGs and do all the side quests, explore everywhere and loot everything. Plus some of the hidden stuff is funny. 8.5/10 Highly Recommended!

8. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

Hotline Miami

It's completely insane but so much fun for something so simple. Super violent with an amazing soundtrack. Highly recommended.

9. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

It's brilliant isn't it! I thought it was pretty difficult also.

10. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

This War Of Mine

Gripped me for two days and reached the epilogue on second attempt. I can see why Edge voted it one of the best games of the year. Thought provoking and atmospheric.

11. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

COD: Ghosts
    I've got some enjoyment from most of the COD games (even if people are quick to criticise them on this forum ;)) but this was definitely the weakest one so far. Still enjoyed it more than BF4!!

12. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

The Walking Dead Season 2: Enjoyed it but it started getting a little the inevitable deaths of some of the NPC's

13. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Alien Isolation
    Steam clocked me as playing it for 33 hours. (On the hardest setting)
    Enjoyed every single terrifying second.

14. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Last of us - Remastered.

I really enjoyed it and glad in a way that I held off playing on the PS3

15. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Literally just completed this today as well. Was really struggling with it at first, then realised I was playing it on hard. I put it to easy so I could actually experience the game and not die hundreds of times, and it was brilliant.

I've got the new Dragon Age to delve into now, and worry about how much of my life I'm about to sink into it.

16. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Yeah, I had it on Normal and that was just about right to enjoy a bit of a challenge, but not die enough times for the story to die as well.

FINALLY completed watchdogs.........boy, that was a trough through the mud to complete. It just felt without soul.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

COD: Advance Warfare. This game marks the end of my COD buying experience. I have never been so bored with a game. I have had this from day if memory serves but right from the start I knew it was going to be hard going.
    Your hand is held every inch of the very short maps.
    No time explore so if you miss a collectable tough.
    Controls for vehicles particularly the plane were shocking.
    It might have looked good but pretty pointless if you only get to see your surroundings briefly because of constantly spawning enemies.

It joins the likes of Battlefield on a very short list of games I will never buy again.

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

The Crew - Always Drive Alone

Just finished the main story line (could have done it quicker but wanted to make it last a bit longer).

Not really what I was hoping it would be. It was great for the first few weeks, but then once you got to know the AI and the brevity of the story, it got less fun. You hit the top lvl of 50 pretty quickly, and at that point you've pretty much done, the only things left to do are the skills (Jumps, race line, speed, escape etc), and faction missions to get money to buy the couple of cars you don't yet have.
    The AI infuriates you, it's quite dumb, so it's easy to make them crash and keep your lead, but they use a different physics simulation to the player, as they can go around corners much faster than should be possible and aren't effected by road surface. They also use a much less aggressive collision detection system, if you crash through fences, barrels or anything, you lose speed, a lot of it, when the AI crashes through anything, they lose no speed whatsoever.
    It's sold as an MMO, it soooo isn't. You'll have 8 other people in the same 'world' as you, these get chopped and changed on the fly based on how far away they are. The PvP races are a joke. The only real multiplayer bit you use is trying to beat your friends top scores on skills/races, which is no different to the leaderboard in SHIFT really.

I'm hoping the devs continue to patch the game and bring in new features, although it's already been said that variable weather isn't coming, which I think is a pretty big omission for a modern driving game.

I pre-ordered the limited edition version, to get 3 extra cars at launch, one of which was supposed to be pre-order exclusive. It's now been released for everyone, and the other two cars are pretty pointless too. Shouldn't have bothered with the ltd edition in hindsight.

It's better than TDU2 just because it's newer. It looks prettier and sounds much better. Could do with some more cars, but the selection isn't too limited. I'd say it's worth the £25 it's at now, but not the £40-50 it was at launch.

Far Cry 4

Finished this the other day too (main story). Still got one or two side missions to do, but basically done.
    Another great instalment to the Far Cry series. Much the same as FC3 but in a different location and with a few more guns. The story is followable, but when you really think about it it kind of falls apart, but then who plays Far Cry for the story?
    Graphics are superb IMO, and the setting of Kyrat looks great. The visits to Shangri-la give a nice change of surroundings too.

Last edited: 1 Feb 2015
  19. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Saints Row IV. Funniest game I have played. Cracked me up in places.

20. Hzza

Hzza Minimodder

I finished the Talos Principal last week, great little puzzle game IMO. The puzzles were difficult but not impossible (I only had to look up 2 solutions and one of those was for a secret star that I'm not sure anyone would have figured out how to get without some kind of outside help [the one under the fountain incase anyone who has played the game is curious]), with a kind of interesting narative underlying the whole thing. It's also the first game I can remember playing with 3 different endings where each of them is satisfying in totally different ways.

It is a bit pricey for what it is and IMO it does drag on a little long for a puzzler, but it's still one of the best games I've played in a long while.