1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

But we do make snarky remarks at every opportunity, or you do at least.

Never said it did, but it is something I have observed to be true in a great many relationships.

You're one of the lucky ones, like I said already. You really need to read what people say more carefully...

Everyone who disagrees with you is a sexist, got it.

80% may well be exaggerated, but it is something that is widely reported; women hold the purse strings in many relationships, but cry foul if a man so much as looks at them wrong. You missed those pictures I posted that come straight from the horse's mouth regards the attitude of some women towards their idea of 'equality'.

See above. How about you stop labelling everyone with an honest opinion about women as sexist, and don't make snarky remarks every chance you get, knowing it will provoke a reaction. I don't need to prove anything as I never declared anything, other than what I observe from a lot of my male friends in relationships; women by and large were in control of the purse strings. However, knock yourself out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Like I said, if it's for the home then that's just fine, man gets to buy it & both benefit, but otherwise...not so much)

[​IMG]

Kinda difficult to find specific charts one men vs women spending habits in a relationship, but the general gist is that men save more and women spend more, and women generally make more purchasing decisions and are more impulsive ( buying sale items, maxing out credit cards etc etc ).

Personal experience count as proof? Try this:

I have 2 sisters, they both have 'borrowed' ( Like I had a choice to say no, lol ) money from me repeatedly and owe thousands in debt on bank loans ( that they took out to pay off credit cards, go figure ), not to mention the thousands one of them owes to our Dad also. One liked to go travelling abroad a lot regardless of the fact she had no savings and gave up work to do so- I tried to explain that it was irresponsible, she said it was called having a life ( you can have a life when you can afford it... ). The other just likes to buy clothes, shoes, and is now getting into travelling all over the place to attend dance events ( following around some DJ where and whenever he performs across Europe ).

It's not sexist when it's true, it's not sexist just because you don't like it or agree with it, in-spite of the fact it is irrefutable. Now be a good little troll and crawl back under your rock.

EDIT: the scroll wheel on my Func MS-3 is dying, dammit. Only 2-3 years old- I wonder if I can solder in a replacement rotary encoder thingy...

Last edited: 21 Jan 2015
  2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Dang. I forgot to put a smiley on my post and now look what's happened!

(I bad hoped that use of the word 'stereotypical' might have alluded to humour. I mean everyone knows stereotypes are neither truthful nor a good indicator of anything. The stereotypical paedo is a man in his 50s with thick glasses and maybe a beard, but to assume even a modest proportion of paedos look like this would be detrimental to the wellbeing of our young.)

Hitler.

3. SuicideNeil

We know you were joking; Cei doesn't count as 'we' however. :)

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Jeez what happend to the thread? I'm not one to point fingers but I blame shirty ;)

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It's always that Shirty.

6. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Standing outside the traffic department at 4:30am waiting in a queue to book my bike learners test. This country has gone to the monkeys.

7. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Will somebody pleeeease think of the children..........etc etc

8. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I posted a throwaway line that basically said "Shirty, that was a bit sexist". Which you knew. Somebody else then came along and went off on one, demonstrating my point that, well, misogyny definitely isn't dead. Thankfully ignore lists exist for a reason.

I always blame shirty.

So, back on topic?

Medical finals in just over two months. To say I'm bricking it is an understatement. Four years of hard graft and my future career are decided in that time. Yes there's resits, but that isn't the plan.

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

A big hole in my sump allowing all of my oil to exit the motor.

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Don't worry too much, there's always dentistry... ;)

Cei likes this.
  11. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Sodding usb card reader or something has ****ed an SD card full of photos. I've recovered all the videos on it, but a whole chunk of photos from Christmas and my daughter's birthday are repeatedly not getting found by various data recovery tools I've tried. I've recovered photos either side of that time period but am missing a week or so of key dates. But many of those 'recovered' are truncated, with large chunks of the image data missing.

I ****ing hate usb card readers :wallbash:

12. SuicideNeil

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you your idiot^.

Work was fun today: no water apart from a hosepipe ( cold water ), no electricity other than a few extension leads ran from other parts of the hotel- had much entertainment washing dishes and dirty trays etc, relying on a tiny kettle to boil water and warm up the dish water...

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

[​IMG]

moving on...

anxiety is flaring up again now im house sitting for a few days, sister is visiting her fiancée and my Mother is also visiting hers. leaving captain single to house sit

also Amazon seem desperate to get me to sign up for Amazon family... as its placed before almost EVERY video i watch on youtube

Last edited: 22 Jan 2015
  14. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Erm, SuicideNeil, that's not cool. You've been outright abrasive towards Cei in this thread (and elsewhere, it seems). Either rein it in, or you're looking down the barrel of a ban. Consider this a warning.

N17 dizzi likes this.
  15. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

[​IMG]

16. SuicideNeil

I'll make sure I don't respond in kind to slanderous remarks in future, got it. :thumb:

17. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

My mouse has broken with no spare! Using the numpad in windows 8 to move the cursor until new one arrives. If it wasn't so funny I'd cry.

Anyone have any tips to make mousekeys in windows any more intuitive?!

18. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I sometimes get stuck at a windows machine with no mouse. I generally find just tabing around gets me where I need to be. I usually don't come up anything where having a mouse is absolutely necessary.

19. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Certain websites are a total pita. Windows environment itself is fine.

20. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds