1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows new build bsod, usbs intermittent. problems!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by grishenko45, 15 Feb 2015.

1. grishenko45

grishenko45 .

Just finished building a new rig of parts I've had lying around with a new ssd I've bought. I get bsod when installing my creative sound card drivers, bsod on windows update, random bsods too. I get read error when trying to load the os, which it says press control alt and delete to reboot. My usbs are intermittent on and off... The keyboard will work, then if i restart after I've something it won't work most of the time. The wireless adapter is the same....it will work, then after restart it may or may not. It'll never connect automatically either, I've got to unplug it and plug it in again.

Specs:
    Gigy ga890gpa ud3h (will update the bios to latest version today)
    Phenom x6 1055t
    Team group ram 2 x 4gb 2400mhz 1.65v (bois adjusted to 1600mhz @1.5v)
    R9 280x 3gb sapphire toxic
    900w tagan psu
    Sandisk x300 256gb ssd
    Win7 64 ultimate

I've set the bios to ahci mode and adjusted the registry to suit in the right order, although I think it was ahci before I installed windows. I've not activated windows yet. Graphics drivers installed.
    And chipset drivers installed. Sp1 installed on windows update. Running ms essentials till I get everything sorted.

I was concerned about the ram. It's sold as 2400mhz @1.65v but the fastest I can get it with the cpu at stock is 1600mhz @ 1.5v. It was at 1333, but I adjusted the strap. I've set 1.65v and the system hangs on the loading screen.

All components working perfectly in other computers of mine so I know there's no fault. I'm going to update the bios today. The ssd is the only new part in it.

Thanks

2. elise_s1

elise_s1 What's a Dremel?

3. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Might be worth leaving the memory to set it's own voltage, and your board doesn't accept 1600MHz memory, so it might be worth leaving that to downclock itself to whatever it's happy running at.

4. grishenko45

grishenko45 .

thanks - i've not used the memtest, but put in some cheap ddr3. one 2gb stick, which is running at 1.5v 1333mhz and i've not had a single bsod. which to me confirms the ram was too fast.

yeah you're right....1333 is the fastest. my bad. shame as i got the ram on offer.

i think that windows has corrupted somewhere whilst installing with the unsupported ram. causing me these problems.

guess i'll have to get a new mobo...and cpu to match! it's not all bad!