1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Iced Blood - Mayhems/Primochill Sponsored - COMPLETE 15/02/16

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by stealth80, 5 Feb 2015.

1. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

well it's been a late one, just the 3 external panels remain to be sprayed :rock:

Transferred the 200mm Red Fan from my Antec 902 mod to use in the front of this one.

[​IMG]

Here's some pics of things so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Mar 2015
  2. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

UPDATE 15th Feb 2015

So I finally got around to finishing the painting today, I had the roof and side panel to paint and a few imperfections to address. So now I can say that the case is fully painted, now need to work out where I want to placed the 2x 360mm radiators and whether or not to go push or pull with the fans:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Just had a doodle as I was thinking of a method to mount the 2x res/pump combos higher up in the case and came up with this (excuse toddler crayoning)

[​IMG]

By doing this I will also create somewhere to hide the cables from the pumps and fans/fan controllers on the front of the case.

To do (not 100% sure on this yet) this, thinking of either:

a) a bent piece of acrylic sprayed white with the lettering left clear then using another acrylic piece behind with red LEDs in it to light the lettering red (much like XSPC method on the raystorm and like)

b) Sheet metal, cutting and bending I can do no problems. I do however see problems cutting the letters out of the metal. If I could manage this I would use the method as above to light the lettering

4. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Ok, ive just ordered the second pump/res combo from Ek,
    6x Enermax Vegas single 120mm fans,
    2x Alphacool 360mm UT60 White Edition Rads
    and some tubing - this may get ditched, toying with rigid tubing at the moment

5. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Maybe you can order the letters from plastic and just gluе them on the acrylic.I just googled plastic letters and this came out first:www.plasticlettering.co.uk/

6. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

I'm not sure if I could get the letters to glow though using that method, unless I'm missing something ?

7. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Yes maybe not very good idea,unless some glowing red acrylic material for the letters and then shoot them with UV light(I can see they have flourescent red).Sounds too complicated.Other option is to use the laser cutting and add red acrylic behind.

8. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Thin aluminium sheet, with a red transclucent acrylic sheet behind? Cut out the lettering on the alu and then have a backlight to shine the lettering through?

9. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

That's exactly how i'm aiming to do it, just some of the lettering will be tricky. I've just emailed a laser cutting service to get a quote. :thumb:

10. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

11. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Today I had some treasures arrive :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Today I got a couple of in house engineers to help with the partition. Hopefully have it end of this week/beginning of next week with the lettering machined out :D
    I unboxed a few things and tried a preliminary fitting of the rads and fans and I think I'm quite happy, just gotta make sure it tallies up with the partition wall.

I love these fans

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Bit of a play on paint to give an idea of the planned loops:

[​IMG]

14. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Got the partition wall back today and I think the guys did a great job! I need to take it in again tomorrow for tweak to make it fit perfect before spraying it white, but it looks pretty good. Once the acrylic arrives I can stick the centres of the B, D and O's.

[​IMG]

Heres the trunking im going to use to hide the cables going to the Asus Rog and Fan controller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I may have to reconsider the rad positioning for the CPU loop as the D will be covered if it goes where it's planned at the moment

15. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Currently painting the partition and trunking. Also the acrylic arrived today and I tried it with a frosted back and 4x blue leds and it looks quite nice except its against the colouring of the case! Got 4x 5mm leds arriving next week ...

16. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

I did some more thinking and decided that the second 360mm radiator needs to go in the roof of the case to ensure that the text in the partition wall is visible. This left a rather large vacant area in the lower case infront of the window. So last night i stripped my sig rig and flushed the 240mm radiator, today I've been spraying the 240mm rad and the partition wall. Ill get some shots up later once its all finished.

Last edited: 21 Feb 2015
  17. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

So today I got quite a bit of work done and I think it's finally starting to look like a modded pc rather than a small building site, as a plus note i think i've finished spray painting so that should please the wife!

So the partition is painted and fitted, but I'm waiting on the 5mm LED's to arrive before I fit the acrylic and the inside of the B,D and O's from the text. I also painted and added my 240mm radiator to lower of the case to fill the void that was left from moving the rad to the ceiling:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I said I've also moved the other 360mm rad to the ceiling, if it was left in the lower section it would obscure half of the text on the partition wall. Now both 360mm rads are in the roof!

[​IMG]

As i got the partition wall in I figured I may aswell go ahead and sort out the locations of the two EK Pump/Res combos. I de-pinned the PWM and Molex connectors and made small holes on top of the partition allowing the wires to be hidden. That involved dropping the bottom from one of the res's to switch the wires to the reverse side. Now its all done, and i really like the look so far. The fittings on the left side Res will be swapped to the white ones i detailed in my initial parts list once i win the lottery to pay for everything :roll eyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

I decided that i could route one of the tubes through the partition wall, down from the right side res and out of the wall next to the "D" on BLOOD and into a 90 degree fitting on the 240mm radiator, this of course required me to repaint the partition, wife no happy !

Last edited: 23 Feb 2015
  19. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Bit more work done tonight, got the letters stuck to the acrylic for the back drop, but can't attach the back drop to the partition wall until the LEDs arrive which appear to have been delayed :wall bash:

So all i got for the moment is an example of the routing from the res to the 240mm radiator, need to order more 90 degrees, compression and a couple of 45 degree fittings and the 16/10 primochill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

That fan in the final pic looks like it's bending a little too much at the screw points! :worried: Might just be me though..