1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 24 Feb 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. MSIRawZ

MSIRawZ MSI UK Rep

Good times as a kid playing Oddworld. Tempted by this just like the Resident Evil update but not to sound too nostalgic, I think it's best left in the past as good memories. I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy the up to date remakes as much as the original titles.

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Been following development of this and it doesn't sound like a lazy update. Some real effort and thought has been put towards making the game feel like a modern game off the architecture of a classic.

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm grabbing this on pay day. I do remember it being a damn hard game and I never managed to complete it. I still have the original PS1 game too (1997 I think?).

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Crikey! I remember having the demo for the original and Wipeout on the Playstation back when I was like 7!

6. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

I played the hell out of this and Abe's Exoddus (personal favourite of two) on the Playstation, completing both and even getting >90% complete on Exoddus. I loved the subtle bottles indicating secret areas! The final sequence of Exodus was one of the most seat-of-pants intense game memories I have!

"KILL 'EM!"

Slightly more on-topic, the end of Oddysee where you finally unleash the Shrykull is pretty awesome!

The XBox exclusive (at the time) of Munch's Oddysee also stands out in my gaming memory as being the first time I have been livid at a console exclusive meaning I was unable to play the next game in a beloved series...

7. silk186

silk186 Derp

I'm really into the trend of remastering old games. Much better than poor immitations. It's good for those looking for a bit of nastagial and just as good for anyone that didn't play the original but gets bothered by outdated graphics. I'm looking forward to giving this a try as I haven't had much interest in many new games this year.

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

£14.99? It'd be rude not to.

I have fond memories of Abe's Oddysee, and it is comforting to see a well made reboot.

9. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Great review, I saw it on steam I think yesterday and just dismissed it thinking it was some lame cash in. I never played the originals so might grab this one. Loved the capitalism rant too, it's so sadly true.

10. RickLane

RickLane Staff Lover of bit-tech

Cheers! I think remasters involve a certain level of cashing-in by default, but New 'n' Tasty puts vastly more effort in than most.

Also I shall endeavour to rant about capitalism more often :)

11. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Just bought it on steam, 10Gb ! oh well I might get to play some tomorrow if the downloading is done. On a side note Giana Sisters was another great remake.

12. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Ditto, though I was a bit older; the demo itself was a nigthmare but enjoyable, I wonder how the modern generation of gamers would fair playing a game this hard...

13. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Lots of memories coming back.. good times.
    I will definitely play this one.

14. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Think I still got the original PC big box edition of this game around somewhere! :D

15. silk186

silk186 Derp

I'm looking forward to playing this over the weekend.

Tags: Add Tags