1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Height of GTX 970 + EKWB block?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Vognen, 3 Feb 2015.

1. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

As the title say I'm messing about with sketchup trying to make a ITX case that supports full watercooling and full lenght graficscards without being super massive oversize. Im a but unsure of how shallow I can make the hardware compartment, so if anyone with the amentioned card and block could measure it from motherboard out to where the block ends I'd be really-really grateful. Doesn't need to be milimeter precise, just need to know if my guess at about 14 cm is ok :D

[​IMG]

2. QinX

QinX What's a Dremel?

I have the card in question, but not the block, you can guess the size of the terminal though
    the card itself (PCB) is 111.15mm in height.
    The PCIe slot adds 3.4mm, this is from the motherboard PCB up to where the graphics card PCB starts.

The EKWB connection terminal I don't know the actual size however:
    G1/4" threads have maximum outside diameter of 13.157mm, then you have the fitting itself which will be bigger then the thread, so 20mm diameter should support most fittings, so
    all in all 111.15+20+3.4= 134.55mm round it to 135mm so your 140mm was pretty close :)

3. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

Oh I totally forgot about this thread :D I wrote the EKWB support, and they told me the block measures 150mmx125mx18mm, so your calculations weren't far off either.

4. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Will that leave enough space to fit and move the 2x pie connectors clear of the case ceiling ? Just a thought :D

5. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

Well in the case Im designing there should be a good 15 mm from the edge of the block to the case side, so that'd give me a good 3 cm to do the power plugs and cables. I dont know if that'll be enough though?

6. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

It should be, but i suspect that you will have to fit the connectors prior to installing the card into the pcie slot, unless the roof of the case is removable?

7. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

The motherboard is inverted, so there'll be plenty of space abo e the gfx. It's more the side I'm worried about. But every main part of the case will be speratable, so I guess it'll be ok

8. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Haha thats me defaulting to my x9, sorry ye i meant the side panel :hehe:

9. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Haha thats me defaulting to my x9, sorry ye i meant the side panel :rolleyes:

10. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

I couldn't really understand what you were talking about as well :lol: But I've written a company that does lasercutting, so now it'll all depend on the price of that *cross fingers*

11. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

oh sounds great, good luck :thumb:

12. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

You may already be aware, but the FC670 is compatible with reference GTX970 cards, and doesn't extend above the top of the card. I have a GTX970 with the FC670 in my HTPC - the case (Silverstone GD04) only measures 150mm overall height.

13. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Vognen, I wish EK would give dimensions of their cooler blocks on their site, as I am having the same trouble with a R9 card, I figured that 140mm wasn't a bad height to shoot for measuring from the back of motherboard tray itself. My tray is 1mm thick and a reference pci blank is 120mm, I added 20 mm to that height just to be sure.

Btw, where are you at mate? Esbjerg for me.