1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Iced Blood - Mayhems/Primochill Sponsored - COMPLETE 15/02/16

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by stealth80, 5 Feb 2015.

1. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

Nice that you got your blocks today, but I'm really sorry to hear about the fittings. Hope everything works out for you

2. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Hey thanks, I'm hoping they're just delayed not lost cause it was a £90 package :duh:

3. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Postman came today with not one, not 2, but 3 parcels :clap:

My remaining fittings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quickly got everything connected, carried out a few hour flush and then filled the system. Done some leak checks just bleeding it now:

Love that block!

[​IMG]

Had to take the fittings out from the CPU > Chipset as there just wasn't enough room to bend the hose:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reservoir filled (well the cpu loop)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just gotta get the EK Block now for the 970GTX, but that is going to have to wait as I have to go away with work tomorrow :waah:

4. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Looks really awesome :thumb:.You can go for 90' fittings or adapter/fitting for CPU-chipset.

5. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

nah doesn't work, thats what i had. Initially had 2x 90 degree, then tried 45 + 90 degree, there aint enough room between the cpu and chipset to be able to get the required bend into the hose, mainly because they're at different heights, unfortunately. They're just gonna be sat in a box gathering dust now :grr:

6. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Just had Aida64 extreme running stress test for an hour and the max "core" temp i noted was 51C at standard turbo 4.4 ghz. Is this a decent temp? Whilst i'm upto date on hardware and modding, my water-cooling temps knowledge aint so great lol

7. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

8. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Mine goes up to 57c with the same test,overclocked to 4.6GHz.

9. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

I got some extenders i didn't think about that earlier on, i do still however think it would be a little tight around the mounting post of the EK supremacy. I guess I could try when I return, would mean draining the system again though ..

Is that 57C CPU temp or hottest core ?

10. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Unfortunately hottest core.Not best CPU for me!

11. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Seems the extender works, albeit I only have 2x 6mm extenders here, but I've just ordered an 8mm extender which should work perfect, the 6mm aint quite high enough, but high enough to connect and "just" clear the fastener for the EK supremacy, although it is straining the block ever so slightly glad its only temporary!

Thanks for the suggestion:rock:

On another note, the drain I fitted to the lower 240mm radiator works perfectly, I didn't even need to use the one on the res.

12. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Slight change to the cpu > chipset blocks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loving that PWM plug there :wallbash:

So i'm about to go away with work for a while which puts this build on hold for a little while, so heres my to do list (for me as much as others!)

Ek 8mm extender needs fitting to the Chipset block as you can see in the picture its not quite parallel.

Order and fit EK 970 ACX + Nickel Backplate.

Order 1x XSPC Chrome 90 degree fitting (not in stock at the moment). This is the final fittings for the GPU loop.

1x red sata extension
    http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_9201.html

2 more metres of Primochill advanced 16/10mm

Figure out a way to either make the bitfenix recon work with the pwm hubs and ek pwm pumps or buy a new fan controller. Or buy 4x fan pwm splitter cables for the 8 fans and find another way of controlling the pumps (must avoid connection to motherboard)

Last edited: 16 Mar 2015
  13. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

Alright! Back on track, and glad I could help :thumb:

14. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Ive figured out how I'm going to have to get control of the rad fans and pumps. its not ideal but better than full whack fans lol.

Instead of running the 2x hubs and fans from the recon, I'm just gonna remove the recon from the rad/pump loops. This means running a pwm splitter from the pwm chassis fan plug of the motherboard (will use an unpowered one)and connect both pumps below the motherboard, behind the partition wall. Ill then run a 3rd pwm from the splitter upto the 2 powered splitters with all the fans connected split it into 2 (4 total pwm signals) and connect to each of the powered splitters.

Hopefully this works, can a pwm single be split down this many times and still work ? If so then it means I won't have PWM plugs in the case window and everything will be automated.

So in addition to the above I need:

3 pin fan extender cable (around 50 cm)
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-085-BX

pwm y splitter with all male connections (30 cm)
    http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/air-coo...e-4pin-to-2x-4pin-pwm-und-1x-3pin-30cm-uv-red

female to male pwm extension cable (around 30 cm)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1711...1=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

pwm hub with 1x input 3x output
    http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_28078.html

male to male pwm cable (around 15 cm) + male adapter
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1711...1=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Male adapter x2 packs
    http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Phobya-Fan-Power-Connector-4Pin-PWM-male-2-pcs-Black_25110.html

Last edited: 11 Mar 2015
  15. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Ok so completely left the country now meaning this build is hold for a little while, that doesn't mean I've forgotten about it, so frustrated leaving this so close to been finished!

16. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

The final 2x fittings arrived meaning that the tube between the cpu and vrm blocks should be parallel

[​IMG]

17. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

What spray paint did you used for painting?

18. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Hey it was an Acrylic based Simoniz car spray paint, if you decide to take this route i suggest you buy in bulk from online as it ended up costing me quite a lot to buy it from a local car repair shop

19. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Thanks for the info! I'm planing to use fluorescent blue but Simoniz doesn't have this color:nono:Anyway I've already started the painting job, so far so good:dremel:

20. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Hey, just wanna say this project isn't dead, I'm still working away at the moment, however I have just ordered the ek waterblock for the EVGA 970 GTX, back plate and cables for the fan management