1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I thought the BBC owned the rights to the show after buying out Clarksons production company?

The show could carry on without Clarkson, it wouldn't be the same though.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Or they'll just move him somewhere else in the BBC.

Jeremy Clarkson hit me and the BBC sacked me for it is a court case and headlines the BBC probably doesn't want to see.

How about Top Gear starts getting guest presenters in like HIGNFY did when Angus Deayton got caught being Angus Deayton one too many times.

Colin Firth first episode please, I bet he'd do it too.

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

have it presented by the Stig...

it would be brilliant

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Would be great to fill in the gap for the last two episodes.

...pity Clarkson isn't around to write the script.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I picture lots of this -

[​IMG]

6. ripmax

ripmax Minimodder

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I don't see the BBC letting him off the hook tbh. I imagine they'll want to give him another slap on the wrist but given their ultimatum, it's going to look pretty bad if they back down. I doubt that would be it for Clarkson though, he'll probably go slinking off to ITV or somewhere.

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

They could cut out the middle man and go straight to DAVE [uktv]

9. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

They can't very well sack him without killing the show. TG isn't just the format, it's the presenters that make it so good. Look at how rubbish the TG Australia and USA are.

Regarding the last episode I just wanted to punch JC and Hamster in the face for their antics. But then again May was complicit with leaving Hammond stranded on the side of a mountain. All we need now is for a feature where Jeremy is reliant upon the other 2 and for them to dick him around for the trilogy to be complete.

10. RTT

RTT #parp

BBC News just:

Bloke being interviewed about it: Why have the BBC suspended Clarkson for something he may or may not have done? And why also suspend the show at the same time?

BBC anchor person: So let's be absolutely clear about this. Are you saying it's ok to punch someone at work?

:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

11. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

Strange how the BBC can cover up the kiddy fiddlers for years yet suspend someone for an alleged bit of fisty cuffs.

12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Of course it is, well here it is anway

13. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Bet Clarkson will be back, and to save face for BBC they will state that he has been sent on Anger management courses which if he doesn't complete he will be sacked.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

knowing the politically correct pussies that reside in the bbc management it was probably no more then a mild thump.

15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

If you "mildly thumped" a work colleague, Gunsmith, would you expect to face disciplinary action? Regardless of whether or not your bosses were "politically correct pussies".

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Aha yes, at face value, quite.

BUT - what if the colleague goaded Clarko? Or worse? We don't have the full story, do we ;)

17. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Rumours are it's over a catering issue. It was the producers role to get the catering sorted, which he didn't after a long day of filming Clarkson got annoyed, Producer argued back and then it got out of control.

18. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I see your safety wink, but shall respond anyway :D

Indeed we don't, but if you were accused of punching a colleague, you'd probably be suspended whilst disciplinary proceedings took place (which may of course result in you having no case to answer). It's the narrative that the BBC are a bunch of PC-gone-mad leftwing liberal loonies who are so terrified of Clarkson's brand of humour that they're stitching him up that sticks in my craw, plus the insistence from some quarters that Clarkson has definitely done nothing wrong - as you say, we don't have the full story, so it's equally impossible to immediately conclude that he should be sacked (or hung, drawn and quartered) or that he's got no case to answer.

To be fair, even if I were provoked to the point that I hit a colleague, I'd expect to be sacked, because it's not acceptable professional behaviour to hit someone in your workplace. I'm trying to think of mitigating circumstances (other than self-defence) whereby hitting someone at work wouldn't be a sacking offence.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Mind you in the good 'ol US of A it is acceptable to thump your colleagues if the depiction of the police service and hospitals in TV programs is anything to go by. They are always at it and no one bats an eyelid.

20. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Meh, show us the stuff that has already been produced as a 45min show without studio bits.

Then work out what do do with your celebrity later.

I don't care for this celebrity culture, Clarkson or anyone else. If I landed myself with disciplinary charges, my work will be picked up by someone else and hopefully delivered on schedule. The program is scheduled and finished except for the studio parts, so why cancel the whole thing?