1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Razer DeathAdder Chroma Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 5 Mar 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've tried plenty of mice over the years but I always go back to my trusty DeathAdder within a week or so. In fact I doubt I'll try any other brands going forward as there's just no point; the DeathAdder is just too damn comfy.

The Choma looks nice but not much of an upgrade over the others versions, unless you want the colour options.

3. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

I find the ASUS gladius to be a better mouse than my deathadder. I did enjoy having the deathadder for like 5 years or so.

4. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

Is there anywhere that you can get the older non-cloud driver for the Razer Deathadder, really dislike the idea, but it is such a nice mouse

5. GravitySmacked

You could look for one of the original models on eBay but that's about it. I still have one of the originals (well my son uses it); it's still a good mouse but the DPI is quite low on it and the rubberised surface is very soft so scratches easily.

Synapse is actually a nice bit of software if you can look past the stupid online element (which can be set to offline after registering).

I wish they all still had on-board memory but alas it's no longer the case.

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Having had three Razer mice over the years, all of which have failed to last whether it be from the surface of the mouse buttons wearing off or the exploding battery on the Mamba I have to say that my Corsair M65 is the best mouse I've ever owned.

I've had Razer keyboards fail on me, and their headsets are poor compared in comparison to offerings by Corsair and Qpad.

They do look good though ..but no more Razer for me.

7. GravitySmacked

Yeah they do have a bad rep quality wise. I did have to RMA a keyboard once but all my mice are still going and in active service by my children.

8. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Sweetness. My old deathadder is getting tired, won't be long now.

9. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

I always get an impression that Razor mice are really nice to use but don't last as long as most people would like.

I was looking at getting a Deathadder for a while but settled on a Mionix Naos 7000 instead. Similar ergonomics but with a better reputation for quality.

10. siliconfanatic

Still dunno how it is everyone else seems to get bad eggs. Have a keyboard, Headset and mouse from them, only really use the mouse all the time but nothing's crapped out on me yet. My mouse's labels are just now peeling off, after 5+ years.

11. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

I find it a bit peculiar too. I know some people that have had their Razor mouse for years while others have had several mice or keyboards fail on them in a rather short amount of time. Maybe the quality drop is a recent development?

12. siliconfanatic

Could very well be, trying to cut costs and inflate profit even moreso.

13. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Hi guys, just to say Razer has been in touch to clarify a point regarding the sensor. I have updated the second paragraph of the first page as a result. Here's the update repeated verbatim too:

Update: Razer has been in touch to inform us that the sensor in the Chroma is actually native 10,000 DPI, and not a 6,400 DPI model with interpolation as we previously said. Specifically, the DeathAdder Chroma uses the Avago S3989 sensor, not the S3988. The confusion arose because earlier models of the mouse shipped with the new sensor wrapped in the body of the old one. We apologise for this error, although still stand by our statement that we can't see the new higher levels of DPI being of much practical use; even on a 4K screen settings between 8,000 and 10,000 DPI felt far too sensitive. Still, it's cool that it's there for those who want it, and it also makes the DeathAdder Chroma the mouse with the highest true DPI level we've yet seen.

Tags: Add Tags