1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony to close PlayStation Mobile

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 11 Mar 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

Ah yes, but consumers will never learn and will keep dumping money on DRM services without thinking. The saddest part is everyone will continue making the same mistakes for the sake of convenience, next time a company decides to roll a service like this.

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Imagine the chaos/uproar if Valve did this with Steam...

4. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

Indeed, that's why I always buy on the Humble Store and GOG.com.

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I would imagine that Steam closing and stopping all access to people's games would lead to lawsuits. Lots of them.

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I'd suddenly be rich! Even if I only got a refund on each!

7. gosh

gosh Minimodder

i still use my play ! as an alarm clock/radio on my bedside.....

great little emulation device but just a little bit too underpowered to manage psp/dreamcast games, i would buy a play 2 in an instant if it had games like luftrausers and olliolli on...(even would buy some kinda slide-out bolt on controller for the xperia phones)

there wasn't really anything good on playstation mobile though, most of the psone/arcade ports were optimized for controllers but can be run through other emulation apps with on-screen controls or external controllers easily

if steam closed and refunded me rrp of all the games in my library i'd be able to buy a house....

8. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Valve has stated, and I think its in their TOS, that if it ever came a time that they had to shut down they would find a way for all users to download the full clients for all games they own so they run their independently from the defunked Steam service.