1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

Picked up a speeding ticket the other day (failed to notice a temporary speed reduction)

Uni is writing letters saying I need to pay my course fees, but Studylink (goverment based student loan provider in NZ) are taking forever to process my application

2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Stayng in the hospital in Seattle with my G/F.

This is supposed to be her last surgery to clean up from cancer, she had surgery on Friday and was supposed to be released Sunday. Here it is Thursday and we'll hopefully get out tomorrow. Maybe. A week of staring at the same four walls and surfing the web while eating hospital food is enough to drive anyone crazy.

To top it off, she's tired of me being depressed all the time, which makes things even harder between us.

3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Random payments coming out of my bank account, so I've finally had enough and will be going in tomorrow to see whats going where, in the meantime I've ordered a replacement card just incase :(.

4. garyzhang001

garyzhang001 What's a Dremel?

I am so depressed because.....

I wanted myself and my family live a better life, but now I don't have this ability to do so!

5. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

Try having someone's BT bill direct debit coming out of your mortgage account. The bank's response was 'here's the DD reference, go ask BT about it'. They didn't seem to understand the problem that BT might not talk to me about someone else's account....

Quite worrying that they don't even check the name on these DD setups before it's approved.

6. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I've had about 10 people on freelancer who are apparently professionals in php try to make me a wordpress widget which displays information from already made fields!

Not even 1 person came close.... Bugger freelancer what a load of crap!

7. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

I had the lending branch of my own bank taking money from my account without consent...

Lloyds Black Horse finance plundered my Lloyds current account several times for payment of a loan for a bike that had been paid off 6 months prior. It took me nearly a month after the second payment to get my money back. I was £400 out of pocket and to top it all off we had just bought our first house. Seems they are all to eager to take but not so happy about giving back! I was not amused..

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Car Insurance company wants me to cough up another 150 quid, ontop of the 2,000 I've already paid them for a year's insurance, because I was hit in a no-fault accident earlier this month, as well as paying out my 450 quid excess to get the car back in the first place.

I wasn't aware that they could legally hike the price after I've already paid for it all, though, which is really rather annoying.

9. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

Card Cloned, Lots of Money gone.

10. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

OMG! They would be very disappointed if they cloned my card lol I hope you get this sorted soon bud

11. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

What worries me more is how they go it!! I never use my debit card, i'm a fully CC and pay in full following month (as I travel so much)

Not used the card in a long time.

/sigh :wallbash:

12. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Is the card contactless?

13. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Got a twitch in my right eye.
    Driving me mad.

14. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Front crowns keep coming out every few weeks, from what I can tell its due to one tooth being crooked in my lower jaw, really tempted to just glue it back in myself right now.

Trouble is I can't get a brace on the NHS to fix the problem and private costs too much. To make things worse the constant knocking will likely mean the whole tooth will have to be removed.
    So I can add another two teeth to the four that will need implants for a nice £15000 which I will unlikely ever be able afford until my mortgage is paid off.

Ah the joys of rubbish teeth my mouth is a genetic mess.

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Car has a steering fluid leak but that doesn't matter because I can't afford the insurance or road tax anyway so it's going off road... Job applications are all getting rejected due to lack of experience are they kidding me??? I've got 10 years of experience ranging from being a manager to running a guest house which got great reviews! Happy guest, just as it happens even though the place was doing well there wasn't enough rooms to make the turn over which could be received from letting it out to students and professionals! Common life throw something good at me for a change!

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Girlfriends mum seems to have taken a little turn on me.

Despite being nice to my face she claims I'm 'Untrustworthy' to my girlfriend because I don't talk to her or seem interested in what she says (mother)... what!? I get she's lonely when her husbands away working for weeks at a time but I try my best to be engaging with her and she has always been a nice person to me.

Not sure this attack is called for but its definitely left me with a bitter taste, she told her not to tell me or she would kill her (not literally) I assume to maintain some kind of false façade when I stay over. Apparently my girlfriend was furious and they had a row to put things straight, I want them to stay close and for me to stay separate in that essence

Unfortunately now I know I don't feel comfortable being around her or even bothering if someone's going to take a swing and not follow through with the punch. I am a socially awkward person, I tend to keep myself to myself and if I can't be myself or feel comfortable in my own skin with someone's parents maybe its best I just keep my distance.

17. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Ah, the age old my girlfriend/Wife's mother does not totally approve of me.

I say this with love, but get over it.

You'll find in life that you are far from alone on this one.

You're not dating her mother, nor is this a caste society where you have to bend over backwards to please her. If she doesn't like you, that's her problem; just don't give her excuses to keep reiterating it to her daughter.

Keep civil, play nice and be as social as you want to be.

As long as your girlfriend sees you making some kind of effort, the problem will remain with her mother, and not you :)

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I'm over it, its ridiculous assumptions that make no sense.

She complains how her daughter treats me as well. she says when she's grumpy she can be really quite horrible, I would agree but I've got to the point were these things happen rarely and I just deal with it. I'm more than capable of telling someone they're in a foul mood, its not me I'm fairly chilled 99% of the time and if I'm not I don't take it out on anyone.

Nothing adds up. It would have made sense if I was openly horrible to her or something but I'm quite quiet and reserved and prefer to stay out of the way or become a nuisance to people and she seems to have taken a disliking because she clearly wants some attention! You'd think she had grown up by now.

oh well, roll with the punches.

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Women. If you're lucky you'll find a rare gem. Age seems to be irrelevant in my experience.

20. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Exactly.

I can tell it's bugging you emotionally, but there's really not much you can do.

It could be many things which have made her this way; None of which you should overly concern yourself with.

If you are happy and your girlfriend is happy, then that's all that really matters right now :)