1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks for stepping in with this Shirty appreciated, glad I posted that now & double glad someone seen it & knew the danger, I'll stick to vape recomended flavour concentrates than be an overly experimental fool. :)

I have tried just VG & nicotine without the flavours, was like going from 2 sugars in coffee to no sugars, could get used to it but it's just nicer with flavour, crunchy nut cornflakes vs shredded wheat. :lol:

Anyway, been up since 6am & used 8ml, likely go up to 9ml before sleep, been busy modding my pc setup to be a compacted standup system in the chimney breast alcove, was chain vaping sat at the PC so figured changing it might help cut down.

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Holy f***sticks batman.
    The sub-tank hits like a bloody train, very airy draw, not really a mouth to lung atty like my good old pro-tank but if you're a direct to lung kind vaper then you should give one a try.

I deffo need to dial my Nic % right down and see if it suits, not convinced right now but that might be because I'm bouncing of the ceiling.

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

thinking of getting a Kanger SubTank Mini my self.
    Can someone recommend me a variable wattage mod of about 30w's please that will fit flush (22mm) to the Kanger SubTank Mini? Preferably not a box shape.

How are you ment to know what watts mods/batterys run at? Battery's like 18650 only have volt info.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2015
  4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 4 Jan 2018
  5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

this is all a but much... i probs be test with prebuilt mods like iStick 30/50W.
    not sure to re invest into new upgraded kit, or just replace my Kanger ipow2 as i do still really like my Aerotank 2

6. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 4 Jan 2018
  7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Not a comment about 'proper' E-cigs, but I've found whenever I've used on of the budget 'disposable' e-cigs, all it has done is make me absolutely die for a proper ***. I don't know if thats any different with the more expensive 'proper' ones...

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Cig-a-likes have but one purpose in this world as far as I'm concerned.
    If you can go a whole day on one without sparking up you get a fair idea that vaping proper will work for you, so give em a try and then go splurge on 'proper' gear

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

^ Yep. :)

11. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Cig-a-likes are utter utter pants. They're nothing like a good kit. Find a local Ecigwizard and try The Orbit VV battery with an EMOW clearomiser on it. Yes I'm biased, you can probably find kit you would like at other retailers but I'm really impressed with our Orbit/EMOW combo and you will definitely notice a clear difference.

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'm not 'trying' to quit, was just a comment.

I only really smoke outside the pub or after dinner, and can very happily go weeks at a time without one - just enjoy them from time to time is all.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm giving my SubTank another shot, fresh coil heads with a different juice. Been performing brilliantly since Monday - Snake Oil really does gunk up clearomiser heads, because this is working just fine with my home-made Minty The Toff.

Shame that the only VW mod I have is an iStick which only goes up to 20W! Never mind, once I've moved I think a 50W iStick is on the cards :).

btw if you haven't tried Minty The Toff then you really should - mint toffee flavour by T-Juice, and it's GORGEOUS. They sell pre-mixed (at 80%PG - gag!) and concentrate.

If you're really not fussed about working out wattage, battery ratings, etc, then get a VW mod which goes down to 0.2ohm and has a built in battery - the iStick 50W would be a good shout. You'll get way more flexibility with a mod that has replaceable batteries though - 18650 is pretty standard, and as long as you get a battery that supports 30A continuous load then you're pretty safe. It honestly looks more complicated than it really is.

If ever you choose to move to a mechanical mod then you absolutely must learn ohms law and the limits of your batteries. When these things go, they go:

(Yes, I know that's a s***ty UltraFire, but it goes to show the danger of the chemistry we're dealing with here).

Aye, they suck, they really do.

Last edited: 12 Mar 2015
  14. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Never understood why anyone would buy ultrafire batteries. How are they even still trading??

Happy with my kato and gizmo mods and kayfuns.

Big fan of t juice. Especially vamp vapers and quintessence for morning and evening respectively. :D

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Aye, they're bloody awful things - pretty much any cell with "fire" in the name should be banned from sale!

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Got the Russian 91% today & after clamping the coil down wrong 3 times I finally got it right & happy to say it isn't a disappointment, making coils is easy, clamping them down correctly is going to take some mastering (so tiny & fiddly), wicking is easy with organic cotton.

After 7 hours usage it's the best vape I've had so far, good vape & good flavour, nice big 4.5ml tank as well.

Current juice is vanilla custard & sweet cookie with a hint of raspberry, I'm vaping awesomesauce. :lol:

17. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I may have to give that one a try, at the moment though it's Atlantis all the way at 25 Watts or higher off a Sigelei 50W box mod but it works a treat off the mechs as well - Limelight pipe is the go to :) Just don't try running one off a Cloupor ZNA clone, or a subtank for that matter. Lovely mod but it doesn't do step down, only step up, so you're basically using a mech with a charge detector unless you crank it up over 30W.

+1 on mixing your own though, £6.76 per 100ml which is definitely good as the Atlantis drinks juice. I'm kind of hooked on Heisenberg at the moment, 6mg 50/50 at 20% but I can vape 10ml a day easily of that one. Waaaay too smooth :D

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Even coloured blue. :lol:
    Might try it some time, good forward thinking of them to be selling the concentrate, something all premium juice makers should do to get more business from DIYers.

Five pawns castle long, I came across a clone recipe for it & made 400ml for less than a 30ml bottle of it.

I'm stocked up to last well over half a year now. :D

19. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

You're Russian is going to be a blessing and a curse: it tastes wonderful, it's easy to recoil/build and vapes like nothing else, but all other atomizers are rather pale in comparison now. I lost mine a couple of weeks ago and I have tons of kit, but my kayfun is sorely missed as nothing works as well.

And for DIYing your juices, I tend to buy 18mg/ml nic liquids and dillute them with 50/50 base, which makes liquids much cheaper. I can't be aksed to do DIY recipes, and I make 90ml liquids with a 30ml bottle and I can't find find much difference in taste as long as I let the mix steep long enough.

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Buy a new one, you know it's worth it. :D
    Good thinking on diluting juices. :)

Just so glad I gave vaping a proper try, kind of unintentially quit smoking because of it. :lol: