1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Unreal Tournament (2015)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meelobee, 10 Mar 2015.

1. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Unreal Tournament is the new chapter in the UT arena shooter series by Epic Games. Sporting the same name as the original (aka UT99) but the game is completely new and build on the Unreal 4 engine.

Development started in may 2014. The team behind the game made it clear from the beginning that the development of this new Unreal Tournament will be an open collaboration between Epic games, UE4 devs and the community. The source code is freely available and everyone can add to the game (maps, models, textures, code). This combined with the fact that the game will stay Free to play(!!) The game will have a marketplace where modders can give away or sell their home made items (Cosmetic changes only!) A percentage of every sale goes to Epic, this is how they intend to make a profit out of this.

The game is in a pre-Alpha state now, but it's very much playable. You need to download the Epic game launcher and make an account after that you can download the game and play. Both the launcher and sign up can be found here:

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/download.php

If you're new to UT or when it just has been a while, it's highly recommended to play the tutorial first (or your ass will be handed to you in several small pieces) and watch some tutorials online.

At this moment there are 4 gamemodes available: Deathmatch, Team Deatmatch, Capture The Flag and Duel. And there are a couple of mutators available, like Instagib and Low Gravity.

Maps are mostly unfinished, and use placeholder texturing and items, but due to the new engine it still looks very good.

DM-Outpost23 is the first map that has been finished and it looks gorgeous, just take a look at the vid/screens below!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the weapons:

Flak:
    [​IMG]

Shockrifle:
    [​IMG]

So...anyone else playing this? [​IMG]

2. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I'll start playing when it's fully released. It's probably the only game i've been mildly interested in for a LONG time.

3. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Will probably get a server up for it this weekend :)

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Love UT for the fast pace with mad weapons & awesome environments. :D

I've missed unreal tournament, those screens got me wanting the completed game now. :lol:

5. Meelobee

The complete game is going to be good, even the playable pre-alpha is already better than alot of recent AA releases.

6. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I loved these games. The original and UT2004 were my faves. Never go on with the more recent iterations...
    Looking forward to this :D
    Silly question (I cant access the website at work), is the pre-alpha free?

7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

ill happily give the download a go if we can get a server up and running this weekend
    especially if everyone can jump onto Teamspeak for some team deathmatch banter

8. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Count me in!

Has it been over 10 years since I was playing AS-Convoy every night in the UT2004 demo??? Still have the install here somewhere!

Wasted many an hour on UT2004 as well, does anyone remember those community maps where you had to drive the hellbenders through an assault course in space?

9. lilgoth89

just decided to get some practice in ( i was never much good at UT )
    reinstalling UT3 with the community map pack ( classic maps Cheesecake )

10. Meelobee

Yes, and even better, the full game will be free too! :)

11. MadGinga

What's the catch? Is it going pay-to-win?

12. lilgoth89

apparently there will be no pay to win

but microtransactions will affect player skins / weapon skins and such ( similar way to Team Fortress 2 i believe )

13. MadGinga

Cool.
    Don't mind getting my a*se handed to me by a better player, but getting it handed to me by someone who has bought a super shield or a mega-uber rocket launcher with real £££ is not something I'd enjoy...

Question: does it have insta-gib mode? as that was freaking AWESOME!

14. Meelobee

Yes instagib is already available.

The microtransactions from the Marketplace will be for cosmetic items only. No pay to win or other unfair stuff. You win with skill, not money :)

Source: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.php?4474-The-Future-of-Unreal-Tournament

15. MadGinga

Right. I'm sold. I will be downloading this when I get home.

16. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I downloaded and tried it for maybe 20-30 minutes yesterday. I haven't played an FPS, nevermind a twitch shooter in ages. It was a bit tough / frustrating, but the fast pace just makes it so enjoyable. I have 0 complaints for the game, even if it is in alpha. It ran well, looked pretty decent, has most of the guns in place, and was fun.

17. Kanester

Kanester Quake God.

I'm loving this game, Been a massive fan of 'REAL' fps since the 90's. For an Alpha build it's bloody brilliantly smooth.

Highly recommend this game and it's FREE!

18. KeTZz

KeTZz Minimodder

Wow nice one I've being waiting for something like this for ages i will definitely be having a look when i get in :)

19. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Up and working.
    81.19.209.30:7777

20. MadGinga

Got this downloaded, and its just as much fun as UT & UT2004. Played the tutorials and a couple of bot matches, just as twitchy and chaotic as I remember it :D