1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Possible to allow/block certain ports for specific multiple NICs in Windows 8.1?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bungletron, 18 Mar 2015.

1. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Hi

I am running Windows 8.1 virtual machine that has 2 NICs, does anyone know if I can configure the OS to block all ports except RDP on one nic (then block RDP on the other)?

2. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Have you taken a look at the windows firewall?

3. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

yes, I can certainly block/allow in there, but I did not see options to specify the individual NICs.

4. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

What is it you are trying to do with a setup like that? Maybe there is a better way to do it.

this got some good stuff too http://www.ohmancorp.com/refwin-advfirewall.asp

Essentially I don't think you can do it - but you can nearly do it if you have one set as "work network" and one as "public network" but I don't think the control is granular enough for what you want.

5. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Sorry if I havn't read the post right, but can't you just set static IP addresses on each Nic and block/allow the relevant ports on the router?

6. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

I had seen that, it appeared to be a fudge and I had hoped to avoid it.

Not a bad idea, it is on virtualbox so I will see if the setting allow it, cheers!