1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I see your Kayfun/Russian/etc and raise you a good dripper ;)

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

After how many hits on avaerage do you need to re saturate?.

I'll probably get a dripper at some point if I stay into vaping but not yet.

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 4 Jan 2018
  4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Sounds good for when you get to a point where you've cut down on vaping & just want the best flavour & vape, I'll get to that point eventually. :)

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm really not sure - I've got a Mutation X, which has a massive well. If I'm chain vaping then I'll top up maybe every 15/20 minutes or so?

6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Could someone explain to me what a Mech mod is?

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

They're literally just a metal tube with battery contacts at either end. No overcurrent/undervoltage protection and no voltage/wattage regulation. They're good because you can pull as many amps as your battery can safely supply, but they're bad because it's also possible to pull more amps than your battery can safely supply. And pulling more power than they can handle makes lithium polymer/ion batteries do very bad things!

I'd argue that there's less of a need for mech mods these days: you can get a 20/30 watt regulated device which can go right down to 0.2ohms for not much money these days. About a year, year and a half ago even 20W VV/VW devices were damned expensive, so mech mods provided a cheaper option for high wattage vaping.

8. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

thanks BLC

Anyone tried the SMOK XPRO? Looks ideal other than i dont like the box shape, much prefure the silinder type... seem hard to get hold of in the UK :/ out of stock everywhere

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This is true - because they're just lumps of metal there's not much in there to break. But you can get some pretty small VW/VV mods these days, like the iStick range.

Not heard of it I'm afraid. SMOK may be one of those companies that often has their products rebranded, like Joyetech.

11. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

iStick 50W is seriously tiny. Theres two nemmies in 18650 length behind it for some sense of scale.

[​IMG]

12. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

I have the Xpro M65. I also have the iStick50W. The X65 fires the Troll (RDA) with a Dual clapton at 0.2 when I'm feeling silly. Pretty much everything else goes on the iStick, purely because of battery life. Neither are bad, and the cost is around the same.

13. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

I've got a few of them, and while they're awesome vape indeed, they're also not practical at all... So clouds of 90vg at home with the drippers, but 90% of my vape is out and about so my new kayfun is already seeing more use than any of my other stuff. And I just got and ErlPrinz, which isn't bad, but not great. It fits marvelously on my 20w iStick though:
    [​IMG]

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks for the tip, I tried this with my 100ml bottle of suicide bunny mothers milk 18mg nicotine & turned it into a 400ml bottle & had a quick test of it & is now vapable & very nice without the harshness of the nicotine, I'll leave it to steep now.

When making a 400ml bottle I use 80ml flavour concentrate which is PG based, 28ml 72mg nicotine which is also PG based & the rest VG so the ratio is about 30% PG 70% VG.

I now have 3 quality ADV's
    SB Mothers milk, FP grandmaster clone & FP castle long clone. :)

Baiscs like vanilla custard, cookie, cheesecake, cappuccino have dropped into the background as reserves.

15. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

seriously considering a new mech build after reading into it all.

Kanger Subtank Mini
    SMOK FURY-S 18650
    EFEST 18650 IMR 3100MAH 20A 3.7V

does that build look ok?

16. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

That's perfectly fine, but imo, the best vape you'll get on a mechanical mod is reached by using rebuildable atomiser. I'd say the Subtank is great with its standard resistance/coils on a VV mod but on a mech mod, I'd use the RBA base sold with it and make your own microcoils and wicks.

On a VV mod, you get to your sweet spot by varying voltage/wattage, and on a mech mod you find your sweet spot by adjusting the numbers of wraps and thickness of kanthal of your coil.

You could buy a istick 30W instead of the smok... Nowadays, VV mods are so cheap that it's hard to debate against the ease of use and versatility of a VV vs Mech mod.
    For example, I use a Aspire nautilus mini, an Erlprinz (RBA) and a kayfun on my istick 20w and I can have a fairly similar vaping experience on three different atomizers thanks to the VV.
    Had I known that at the beginning, I'm not sure I'd have three different mech mods.

17. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Considering getting an iStick 20w as they are only £20 on FastTech so I don't have to carry round my IPV2 and also getting an N-Vape midi to sit on IPV2 and using the mini on the iStick.

Thinking about how I paid £70 for my IPV2 and £16 for my Nautilus Mini, an iStick and N-Vape would have been a much better investment for a starter kit at £36!

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Most VV/VW mods looks like they dropped out of a cracker tho. i know the istick is a quality mod but it looks really cheap and nasty next to a Smok Fury-S. Also i don't really want a box mod.
    I will be looking into rebuilding see if i take to it.

If there was a nice solid mod that did 25/30watts VW and fits flush with the subtank mini (22mm) and was silinder, id jump on it. (If one has slipped past me, please let me know!)

I did have a Kanger ipow2 15watts VW battery, but its was total garbage, it failed within a week and blows out the coils ina day. The programming in the little computer was a joke.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2015
  19. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

today is payday and my finger is on the trigger, but a little reluctant to drop £100 on vape kit....
    Someone talk me into it.

Kanger Subtank Mini
    SMOK FURY-S 18650
    2x EFEST 18650 IMR 3100MAH 20A 3.7V
    Bottle of Mother's Milk
    Nitecore I2 Charger

The alternative is to buy another sh!tty Ipow2 that goes perfect with my AeroTank2 (flush fit) and hope that this one does not flop on me ( which would not surprise me as a google shows lots are DOA)... I also have no kanger coils left so would need a 5pack of them as well. This would come to about £45 with a bottle of Mothers Milk

I know my new speced stuff would be a huge upgrade leaving my old set up in smoke (punpunpun), But still just over twice the cost! This is for my partner too, as she will be using it just as much as me.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2015