1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Weight Guessestimate

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kronos, 19 Mar 2015.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

You're right, it's a risk, an upgrade to these would be advised - http://www.hamiltoncaster.com/Caste...Casters/UMD_Part_Details/PartId/S-UMD-3620POY

Probably best to make sure you account for the weight though, at 1920lbs each (note that's the weight of the castor itself, not the load bearing).

Who's calling them up for a quote and explaining that they're for a really heavy desk? :D

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Now your coming up with decent suggestions, bit late now though as mine have been dispatched.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

These are what I bought. Perfect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Craig_T

Craig_T What's a Dremel?

Ah, so you didn't go for Tad's suggestion? Hopefully they will suffice.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Their total weight load out is 225kg and now that they are fitted the desk is literally a push over. Something I have mean meaning to do for years which took a major redecorate and refurnish of the room it is in to finally happen.

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Why is it that small jobs that don't cost much and are virtually zero effort always take the longest to do?

Just this weekend I put up a couple of extra shelves in a bathroom cupboard that was over-stuffed, with things always managing to tumble out when opening the door.

Total cost: £1.20 for some shelf pegs
    Time taken: 3 minutes to cut down some furniture board that was sitting around in the garage
    Difference it's made: massive
    Time to get around to doing it: 18 months

:duh:

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Tell me about it. This with the desk has probably taken ten years, I am going to mount the PVR and small sound bar on the wall freeing up the top of a cupboard this is probably a three year job and not forgetting shortening cables where needed and equally much needed cable tidying again we are talking years. My excuse was I worked long hours or I could not be bothered. Now after the big C I have the time and I must say the inclination but lack the strength I once had so the desk had to be done and with a major redecorate and refurnish going on everything is getting my attention no matter how small.