1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam 7 Days to Die

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Margo Baggins, 7 Jan 2015.

1. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Bit Tech has a 7 Days to Die Server - Come join us!

Name: The Bit Tech Server
    IP: 81.19.209.30
    Port: 25010

Please PM Parge for the password. Feel free to invite friends too.

A few simple things to remember:

1. Don’t destroy, loot or build on player made bases
    2. Keep the password a secret
    3. This is an alpha so there may be regular server resets without warning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone playing this game?

I love it, spent all of last weekend on a server of mine with my friend :) Had a whole lot of fun.

Last edited by a moderator: 25 Mar 2015
  2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Me and 3 friends run a server! We had a huge base but during the last update it borked our boxes with all our gear in so we had to restart.

At the moment we’ve built a sweet tower surrounded by spikes. This was awesome until the horde incident on Sunday night….. We should have seen it coming because we were out exploring in the day and saw a huge horde placidly rolling around the place. Alas, we were unprepared and it was an absolute massacre.

3. Margo Baggins

Someone joined my server (I forgot to put a password on)

and he came to play but he stole all my bullets (forgot to put a lock on the boxes) - so I shot him in the head :) which meant, we finally had a gun haha. But since then, I've found 3 or 4 other guns.

We are only on day 7 (or 8, cant remember) - have a fairly alright base, converted a gas station, made the lower lever pretty much solid, we get water from the toilet and we digging down to bedrock :D

I think it's really fun game, surprisingly playable for an alpha. I'm waiting for crossbow to get nerfed, as the range and flat trajectory is wayyyy OP.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Got this a while ago but not played in a while, i must jump back on to see what is happening

5. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

is it worth getting even though its in Alpha ?

i was very tempted but the alpha status put me off commiting

6. Margo Baggins

I think it is, but it depends what you want from a game. quite a lot of the public servers are full of horrible people, and some are really matured so it's maybe not worth it in that respect - but if you want to have fun with some mates and play survive against the elements and some zombies, then I think it's rad. It will only get better! I got it for 9.50 in the sales - I don't think I would pay more than that for it.

7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I bought the game on the GMG sales but haven't put the code into my Steam account yet so haven't gotten around to playing it.
    Will hopefully give it a go towards the end of the month.

8. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

I see 7 days to die as a Multiplayer PVE game, if you want PVP with similar base building then Rust is more the game for that (albeit with less zombies :)) just how I feel about them having played both with my Arma 3 group we did have our own PVE server and it just seems more fun working together to fight off the zombies, whereas building bases and attacking players was better in Rust.

Anyway, the game itself was very playable in the summer where we did about 14days before losing interest, its good fun learning best ways to keep the zombies at bay and the hordes.

9. Margo Baggins

I got myself a dedicated server for me and my friends - got it from plugpayplay - it's not the fastest server in the world but it's cheap, 6 quid a month or something.

10. Parge

Nice, that is definitely the way to go. Once you get more than a few people on a self hosted server it lags to all buggery. Ours is from fpsplayers.com – it’s £5.08 a month.

Make sure you put a password on, we forgot after a reset and came back to find some mong had planted trees inside our base.

11. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

If you want one for free hit me up, Plenty of spare space on my gaming dedi. :)

12. Parge

I'll take you up on this if that is ok Votick! Shall I PM you?

Also, lets talk Alpha 11 which looks amazing. Fully upgraded to Unity 5. Loads of new graphical improvements including dithering between borders (so, now instead of just ending, they fade into one another), and new environments. The weapons appear to be reworked too, and the zombies have new animations.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Mar 2015
  13. Votick

Yep drop a PM with some details (mainly a contact email)
    And I'll have it setup and wisk over some panel details.

14. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

i could hop on, i got this a while back when a few of us on the bt mumble server played it, though that was pretty early, before it was on steam.

I hope it's come on a lot, it was pretty limited when i last played (which i suspect would've been mid 2013 or so).

15. Margo Baggins

is alpha 11 up now?! I been waiting for it to be out before I start a new server.

Votick! I WOULD LOVE THAT! Plugpayplay took a months money off me, then vanished my server, now my game is lost, and I cna't get it back, but I haven't not paid them, really annoyed me!

16. Parge

It's not yet no, but should be before the end of March. They are being coy with an exact date.

17. Votick

Margo should have a PM with details.
    Parge still want one?

18. Parge

19. Parge

Votick has kindly set me up with a 7D2D server.

I would like to pay it forward so to speak, and invite the rest of you along too. The server details are below:

Name: The Bit Tech Server
    IP: 81.19.209.30
    Port: 25010

Please PM me for the password. Feel free to invite friends too.

A few simple things to remember:

1. Don’t destroy, loot or build on player made bases
    2. Keep the password a secret
    3. This is an alpha so there may be regular server resets without warning.

20. Margo Baggins

I would of done that by my friends are more antisocial than me :D they wouldn't take kindly to strangers hehe.

But I will deffo jump into that server to see what happens :) Plus - the server I have with my friends has to be on the easiest damn settings you could ever imagine to keep everyone alive and make it alright to play.