1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

All that time and effort to replace the rotary encoder, now the lazer sensor has gone tits-up on the Func and refuses to move at anything other than super slow ( feels like about ~200 dpi ), regardless of what settings I change ( DPI, pointer speed etc etc ). Bloody thing. Luckily I still have the Mionix, and also picked up a well used but functioning Logitech mx revolution for free.

Cleaning dead skin out of old mice is not much fun.. *shudders*

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

bit-tech's so called articles.

It's half of it is irrelevant and even then it's days old.

Just post hardware stuff please..

nuff said.

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Do tell! Wos ap'nin?

4. Votick

Well the Twitch one got to me.. It's hardly news and it's a day old anyway.
    They reset passwords... so what..

But looking at other articles there just as bad.

5. David

I didn't know about it...

It's still worthwhile posting the article, even if you've been scooped by other sites, surely?

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'm fairly sure that Gareth has said in the past that he's contracted to write a certain number of articles per week, so presumably bit-tech has a target number of articles that they're aiming to publish in a given time period. Now, some weeks will be quieter than others, so some of the news might be a little less... exciting... than in other weeks. It's a bit like when the BBC news leads with a story about a dog getting stuck in a tree, purely because absolutely sod-all has happened anywhere that day :D

7. Votick

It's a shame if he's just having to fill a quota. And if that is the case then I'm more sympathetic.
    But bit-tech is just posting absolute spam at the moment.

8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Considering the core intended audience, stuff isn't happening like it used to. This isn't the amazing scene it used to be-it's more phones and software than hardware and modding. I've done less here since stuff has migrated more to mobile. I own a mobile phone finally, since December, but I'm not interested in modding it-I barely touch it excepting a Pandora device. My PC has the power to landscape most stuff, even at 4K so what's my point in OCing it? The industry has stagnated. I completely understand Gareth's position-I've been a writer under a per article contract before. I think he does a damn good job with what he has to work with.

Don't blame the writer, the industry is ****.

9. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aha, found the post from Gareth (from 2013, mind) in which he said:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=3352624&postcount=53

So no point in attaching any blame to the writer, he's just trying to fill his quota as best he can so that he can get paid. I'm also fairly sure that he would rather be writing about super-duper mega exciting subjects in every article, but you can only work with what's available. Also, not everyone likes the same stuff, so you can't please all of the people all of the time.

10. David

I'm pretty sure that is outdated - When David Ross bought bit-tech, I believe Gareth was employed to write articles more frequently. I find some of them irrelevant to my interests, and others quite thought-provoking. I don't see the problem.

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, that was my understanding too, hence the caveat that it was from 2013. I don't see any problem either - these are news articles and you can only work with the material that you have available.

12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

The "good hip" is out. Hurts like twelve hells. What little walking is getting extremely hard.

13. Sanzy

Sanzy Minimodder

my boredom! im always bored!

14. pre

pre Minimodder

Cough/flu. People at work not using their sick days and infecting everyone else.

15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

If they can get to work and work they aren't sick enough to call in ill.

16. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

www.theync.com

Enjoy.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Leaving to go to St John's in Livingstone shortly for a biopsy. Quite like this hospital, staff are really good and plentiful on the day surgery ward unlike the cancer wards but that is another story. I hope when I come t that a stunning blonde recovery nurse (one of two) will be in attendance so we may carry on our conversation from her last encounter. Once I come round from the anaesthetic I am pretty much fully alert probably more so than most of the time lol.

The real pain is getting there will need to leave at quarter past six and get to St John's for about quarter past eight. And the rather naughty trail back is worse. I say naughty as it is frowned on to travel on public transport on your own within 24 hours of a general anaesthetic but that means an overnight stay. Where I would not get a wink of sleep because hospitals are bloody noisy at night. So a few devious manoeuvres gets me away later this afternoon.

Last edited: 26 Mar 2015
  18. creative

creative 500rwhp

This bloody car again! :D

Its running great but pulling into the garage tonight, the brake peddle hits the floor.... Stuck caliper, knackering a disc and boiling the fluid... great! guess what my next couple of days will be doing!

Lucky it was at home and not on the road anywhere!

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Fingers crossed for a clear result.

20. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

more large scale anxiety thanks to the police case agasint me going to court.

the officer in charge is coming to drop off some paperwork on monday, and ive lost all appetite, havent been sleeping well, and to top it all off my CPN is now off sick and unable to assist me. i dont know if i need legal representation ( not that i can afford it if i do... )

and to make matters worse my sister has just got a new Dog, and he is EXTREMELY affectionate, i find it uncomfortable to be around it as he will often jump at me for attention. Being autistic im not good with physical contact ( hence the rape claim is total BS ) and so for the last few days ive just been in my room with the door closed, trying to deal with anxiety attacks, urges to self harm etc.

all this for a 3 month relationship 7 years ago...