1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

I have 70$ in SC store and don't know how to get them out :duh:

2. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

You dont know how to spend it?
    If thats what you mean, just add something to your cart, go through the faffing and when it gives you the final amount, theres an option like 'use credit', and i think it says a maximum you can use, which is either your available credit or the total of the order.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20670693/rsi_cart.jpg
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20670693/rsi_cart2.jpg

Last edited: 25 Mar 2015
  3. Kenny_McCormick

I meant I shouldn't spend it... But... Those ships are so shiny... My preciousss...

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Could just grab a load of UEC, so when the game launches you have a cash pile...

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

$76million drifted by this morning.

6. Kenny_McCormick

Wow, 76M$. Hopefully we'll be able to play soon. I'm waiting for the FPS module, thought my main role will be exploring and engineering.

I really liked the Carrack but was too expensive. Meanwhile I'll survive with my 350R and my Freelancer DUR.

7. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Feel free to join me on my Carrack, I'm going to need crew to go planet side in red shirts. I'm sure I will have lots of volunteers.

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

My Omega and/or the ship fitting system in the hangar is doing my head in...

My Omega came with 2 guns, i'm sure of it... I can drag and drop 2 guns onto it in the fitting ui [which is *horrible* using kb/m]... exit, check ship... 1 gun mounted...

Fuuuu....

... also tried an actual AC with actual people... lolnope, it's not happeneing... the client ran like a slideshow for a few minutes, then crashed completely...

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

AtV:-

0:00 - Empire Report
    1:04 – Intro/News
    3:49 – News from Around the Verse
    16:12 – Bugsmashers
    22:36 – MVP
    23:37 – Vanguard Discussion (pics at 24:00 25:30 & 30:00)
    32:56 – Jake Ross Interview
    42:11 – Outro
    43:21 – Sneak Peek (Vanguard silhouette)

Gladius Free Fly from tomorrow
    Vanguard concept sale tomorrow (price NOT mentioned in AtV)

10. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Ooooh Vanguard concept sale, cant wait to see the concept :)
    Always had a soft spot for the de Havilland Mosquito - 633 Squadron was a cracking film!

11. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Reverse the Verse notes

• Server issues - It’s great news all around, even though it’s slowing some people down. Working on 1.1a that should fix some issues. It’s a good problem that too many people want to play though.
    • Vanguard release tomorrow, waiting for release renders.
    • Soon we’ll see things from the German office. They’re putting together a video walkthrough. An intro will be shot with CR later today. The guy editing the piece is the same guy who did the Hornet commercial and all the early commercials. Should be a good walkthrough.
    • Subscriber perks are coming along nicely, should be revealed next week or so. Before they switch to a third year of subscription, they want to reward folks for now. Awarding REC so that subscribers can fly any ship for 7 days, instead of one.
    • REC balance - Right now, REC is simply based on the current price on the website. 10% of the UEC, and UEC is 1000x a dollar or something.
    • Ship Prices in REC are not based on what the ships will cost in the PU, just based on what they’re costing on the site right now. The prices will change significantly when the economy is implemented.
    • You cannot buy game-character slots with in-game credits. That’s something you’ll have to buy with money outside of the game.
    • Yes, the completionist package includes the Vanguard.
    • Limited ships will be “in and out” for rent with REC just like they are “in and out” in terms of being for sale.
    • These will be available more often through REC than they are for sale on the Site though. More chances to rent with REC than buy with Cash.
    • New Starfarer art came in last night. They will “find a way to share this”.
    • Ship Design is a LONG process to make changes. They capture feedback, send it to the artists, and then see back. They make multiple passes at things.
    • CIG look at all feedback. Just because they haven’t addressed something you’re concerned about, doesn’t mean they aren’t looking at it.
    • Won’t make every change fans want.
    • Making a pass at the Freelancer and Constellation right now, because they need changes. The Retaliator will get changes as well, but it takes time. It won’t come tomorrow.
    • Probably worse to react immediately to feedback. Need to relax and gather information and feedback over a longer period.
    • It sounds annoying, but they have to be measured with it. Things have to be fixed in the best way for the most people, but also they have to stay true to the vision for the game. They’re not ignoring any feedback. If we know about it, Devs know about it.
    • Eddie Del Rio is working on the concept for the Endeavour. He did the Xi’An Scout.
    • REC is a bit too easy to earn currently. Will be adjusted.
    • For all the arguing that came with REC, it’s pretty cool that CIG take part of the team, changed their schedule, and now they’re figuring out how it works with us. REC was not part of the plan, but Feedback from the Fans said it was needed.
    • Ben forgot the Vault Update yesterday, he will put it up today.
    • Narrowing down on a release date for FPS launch. Will do an AtV/RtV from Denver.
    • Travis says the FPS is looking very good, much more polished. Lots more work on animations, characters will be very smooth once it gets out.
    • Largest ever dev playtest with the FPS yesterday. (for CIG). Very smooth sailing with FPS so far.
    • A reminder of the rule. If it’s a concept sale, the ship has LTI. Makes up for the fact that there might be 8 months before you see the ship again. It’ll be cheapest in the concept sale as well. It goes up a bit in price for the Hangar sale. The earlier you pledge, the more they can put the money pledged into the game.
    • Vanguard is 250$.
    • Hull E confirmed. (A = station wagon, B = box truck/RV, C = tractor trailer, D = between C and E, E = Supertanker)
    • They’re working on having ‘shoulder patches’ things for FPS. Part of the character customization stuff.
    • SXSW skin will be added to the store.
    • Balancing input control methods will be ongoing till, and probably after, launch. There are plans to balance mouse / keyboards.
    • Changes to Mounts / Gimbals falls under that.
    • They’re in Alpha right now. They’re looking at ways to make things as nuanced as possible in the final game.
    • There was no SXSW presentation, just the trailer, so that’s all that’s going up on the RSI site.
    • Avenger variants will be a little longer… Squadron 42 is the focus right now.
    • Ben will try to get some new images of the Idris, being polished up in Foundry 42.
    • James has passed his 1 year anniversary with CIG.
    • Crucible and other ships are being doled out to concept artists.
    • The Cutlass can land in an Idris. As can a Hornet. The Orion can’t.
    • We’ll see the Herald again soon. It’s being put into the game as we speak. It’s in SQ42 chapter 1.
    • Chris is headed to the UK this weekend. He will be there for THREE MONTHS as he will be directing the big performance capture shoot for Squadron 42.
    • CIG have dealt with the issue of the Reddit leak. It’s off site, they’re not going to censor it. Even if CIG hate it, Reddit can do its own thing. Reddit’s organic.
    • It’s in the hands of legal now.
    • Starfarer mid-space refueling will probably be similar to mid-air refueling as it is in real life now, but it’ll probably be pretty automatic. It’s not another skill that needs to be learned.
    • There are always three types of sales. Concept, with LTI. Hangar-ready, with 6 months, flight-ready, with 6 months.
    • Reliant will be different. It will be added permanently to the store as soon as it is flight-ready. Will appear in the Fly Now screen with the other starters. Will be made quickly and likely go from Hangar to Flight fairly quickly.
    • The Idris Landing ability is an ongoing term of debate. It will still have protection - same protection as being in a Hangar - but they don’t have a definite option. Still plenty of time before that’s needed.
    • There may be the option between manual and automatic for mid-space fueling. There’s no downside to doing automatic, though it might be needed sometimes because something’s damaged or something.
    • The MISC Reliant will have an LTI concept sale.
    • UEE Environment Coat, like all clothing customization options, will have an impact on your character. In this case… protecting from environmental hazards somewhat.
    • Twitch stream went down at this point for a few minutes and then came back.
    • Alexis shoots every enemy in FPS games in the crotch. Alexis: “It got the job done.”
    • There’s some live IT shaming going on right now.
    • Turducken SC style - P52 in a Connie in a Reclaimer in an Idris.
    • ‘We cannot comment on our horse related interests in Star Citizen, but we thank you for all your horse-related inquiries’
    • If you want to know what the Vanguard is, check out today’s AtV.
    • GURMUKH EVENT TONIGHT. He will be talking at the Gnoman School of Visual Effects - Gurmukh, Omar, Elwin, Forrest. In LA area @ 7:30 local.
    • Merchantman - it’s coming.
    • Working on creating “better” events with a lot more stuff to do, more information on what you will get and what you will see. Make them more comprehensive. Not particularly happy with how PAX East and SXSW went.
    • Ben plans to take Kingdom Come Deliverance horse tech and slap it into SC. (not serious)
    • May 9th 24 hour livestream with James, they’ll play FPS and Smash Bros.
    • They’d like to do Star Citizen trading cards someday. Can’t tell if serious. (Nehkara thinks serious) (So does Aieris_)

I had to dig through 25 pages of posts looking for all the notes since Xmas in order to copy them to our clan/org forum cos i'd given up reporting them on there cos the 1 person i joined them had left and it was looking like i'd do the same, and eventually we pulled the plug at the weekend and created a new site & org, with all but the leader essentially :D He was always putting a downer on thing, complaining to my mate about others and never confronting the person with his issue, and basically unloading his issues on my friend who then had to act like it wasnt an issue. So we've named the team after our old sim-racing team Mercury Racing, and gone with Mercury Rising as the 2 names are pretty close and its sufficiently spacey :D

http://mercury-rising.enjin.com & https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/mercrising

We were only planning on creating an org, but after leaving last Thursday, with the intention of still being friends and not bring up all the reasons why we're leaving, the clan/org leader decided to ban us all from the site and delete friend requests on BF, as well as getting ex-ex BF clan friends to do the same, on what basis we dont know but its screwed up eitherway. So my weekend became a weekend of attempting to create logos and understand enjin, org branding and BF emblems etc :(

12. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys, do you know what is that background music from Bug Smashers part?
    SOunds like old COmmodore game music:)

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

What does this mean? What are game-character slots? Sorry for the silly question but I've not been following SC as closely as some, so this has just sailed right over my head :)

14. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Same as any other MMO. Your basic game account comes with a number of slots (say, 3) for characters. You then can create 3 totally separate characters and chose who to play with when you log in. If you want four, you need to buy a new slot. Or you can delete an existing character.

15. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

The RtV statement seems like it was answering a rather odd question to begin with.
    You're buying in fiction content with in fiction currency.
    Character slots are account features, in the same way as buying a new campaign DLC would be, and you wont be able to buy that with game currency either.

The whole character slot aspect seems rather murky tbh, especially when it comes to the NPC aspect, bringing along your other characters as AI.
    It seems to be a commonly asked question, cos really they've never given a proper answer they've only kinda brushed the surface and not really understood the more specific questions. The main one seems to stem from the idea of being able to buy slots and use them characters as if they're slaves, only existing to follow your orders.

The thing is CIG have said we cant have 'slaves', NPCs doing work for nothing. They expect to be paid. But the reality is, if you're forced to give them a minimum wage of some sort, theres really nothing to stop you from going into that characters account, and then sending the money straight back once a week/month. Okay, you might lose 5% each transaction, but the character ultimately gains nothing, all that happens is you're inconvenienced for each NPC 'slave' you have, losing a cut of whatever minimum amount you're able to get away with, and having to go through each account to get it back again.
    Its inconvenience, it doesnt prevent slaving char slots as NPCs, and i dont see how CIG can stop it, so why bother, whats the harm. Its not glorifying or saying slaves are acceptable. Pirates steal, soldiers kill, smugglers smuggle illegal goods... they're all roles, encouraged roles at that, but owning slaves is a no-no, despite making you buy them and allowing them to come on trips with you.
    Its not like they're rejecting NPC's being bought & sold as property in-game, its far less sinister, unstoppable, and its only achieved with cold hard cash - hardly a politically correct stance - "We feel its an inappropriate message to send to allow people to own other people ('slaves') in the game... but buy character slots for cash and you can do exactly that for a little inconvenience, because we've built a system to bring people you've paid real cash for along with you as... 'helpers' and you can make them give you their wage back".

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I think the whole idea of alt characters undermines the game a bit. It kind of flies in the face of having to live with your actions if you can jist create a whole new character and start over...

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I agree, but its so easy to get around that by just buying more than one account etc, that I'm not sure there is any sense trying to enforce it.

There is something to be said for not encouraging it though.

18. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

On alts, don't ships have to be assigned to character slots (which is a one shot thing) so deleting and re-rolling a single character is effectively death (as per death of a spaceman)?

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

OK, I didn't appreciate that each account would come with the capacity for alts - I'd assumed that like most MMOs, it would be one character per account.

To be honest, I'm not really sure why they'd encourage multiple characters per account. I know that it's easy enough to circumvent by buying more than one account, but it seems to be that having "official" alts on the same account could lead to abuse.

20. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I don't think the inclusion of alts has anything to do with the gaming mechanics (as PaulC2K points out it's easy to replicate this design choice by paying more cash to CIG). Rather, it is to do with the meta-gaming mechanics - If you think about any epic event you've heard about in Eve Online they fall in to one of two categories - Large scale battles with thousands of players (which the cryengine simply can't do), and espionage with alts. Each time an event like this is reported on it's essentially free advertising for the game, and consequently encourages more sign-ups. Let us not forget that the 'Verse is ultimately a business model.