1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Wrist Watches - show us yours!

Discussion in 'General' started by ComputerKing, 31 Jul 2008.

?

Watch Types?

1. Analog Hand Watch

222 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. Digital Hand Watch

42 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Digital + Analog

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. don't wear one

73 vote(s)
    19.8%
  1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

2. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Bit of a thread revival but my £50 daily watch has bit the dust and I need a replacement what cheap daily watches are folk using?

3. HeaverNothing

HeaverNothing Professional Idiot

I always found Casio reliable. Give them a try.

4. asura

asura jack of all trades

My automatic Seiko has been going strong for... fifteen years (dear god I feel old!) and they can be had for around your budget.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm going to collect my Tissot T-Touch Titanium Expert this week after its first service. I've owned it for just over 6 years and until a few weeks ago, it had sat needing a battery for a couple of years until I could do without it no longer and sent it away to Tissot to have the battery replaced and the whole watch serviced. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of change out of £200 for having that done, which is almost 2/3 the price of the next Tissot I was going to buy!

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Seconded. A Seiko 5 would be tough to beat for the price.

7. asura

asura jack of all trades

You feel old too? I sudenly feel much better :p

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Oh, since you brought it up...

I finally got mine:D
    Edox WRC Classic

[​IMG]

9. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I recently picked up a Maratac Mid Pilot's special edition and have it on a Crown and Buckle 20mm Bomber strap.

I'm loving it and it's a good value for what you get. Is it perfect? no. But it's great for daily wear. I am debating a deployment clasp here soon.

Edit: I'm also seriously considering picking up a cheap ($25) Seiko diver (skx007 or an older model) as the basis for a nice classy re-furbish and mod project. Anyone think this is crazy besides my wife?

Last edited: 26 Mar 2015
  10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I envy your big manly wrists. I always wanted the big Maratac but had to settle for the Mid. Then again, I prefer the sterile design of the old Mid to the slightly busier look of the new Mid/Big.

Absolutely not! DO IT. :thumb:

11. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I have tried so hard to resist but 3 weeks of begging the ball and chain has paid off. Ordered and cannot wait.
    [​IMG]

12. Jumeira_Johnny

Ok. I went ahead and ordered the book "Beginner Watchmaking" on my Kindle. And just won 2 auctions on the 'bay, one for a working Waltham and one for a Roamer.
    Total spent so far? $37. I already have a very basic and inexpensive set of tool not unlike rainbowbridge in his post above.

I will use the 2 to get a better understanding of watches in general and hope to be able to refurbish them, although that is not the main goal.

I'm watching a few 'refurbished' Seikos, mostly SKX007 and 7s26 from the Philippines. They seem to hover around $25-30 with $10 in shipping. They will need to be stripped down and rebuilt, which is fine since I want to change most of the bits except the movement and case.

stonedsurd likes this.
  13. Mister_Tad

That Maratac is really sharp. Just as well the 39mm is discontinued as I vowed last year to stop buying watches.

14. Jumeira_Johnny

It's not discontinued, well not the one with the clear back and red crown. It's simply sold out for this production run. They do show up on massdrop on occasion a well, so keep checking back to see if they are available. I had to wait 3 months to get mine ordered.

Edit: the 2012 mid pilots is still available.

15. Mister_Tad

I must have misread. Though I did vow...

It is a very tidy watch though, I'll keep an eye out.

16. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

Shamed to say Ive never owned a watch until my girlfriend had me one for christmas, she bought me a House of Marley Transport Leather Watch, not as "classy" or expensive as other watches here but I like it and its still costs a lot more than I would willingly pay for a watch (£110, dropped to £70 on sale)

[​IMG]

17. HeaverNothing

HeaverNothing Professional Idiot

I want to get a simplistic watch as a daily driver something in the style of this Daniel Wellington [​IMG]
    Something around the £50 mark , nothing too expensive. Anyone have any ideas? (no knock offs )

18. monteur

monteur What's a Dremel?

50 gbp is pretty tight. did you check out timex yet?

19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I wouldn't recommend Timex after my last one developed a fault, which was a real shame because it was a bloody nice watch (T2M759).

I'm back on the Accurist bandwagon again - if you're lucky you can get them in Argos at crazy sale prices, and they are really good watches that last for years. I got my MB898B for £40 from Argos about 2 years ago.

20. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

I'm in the market for a watch after finally moving house, changing the car and updating my ancient PC to something more usable. This has been a great thread to flick through as there are some lovely watches that I hadn't seen or heard of.

If I could afford it (and the wife would let me) then I'd go for this which is just beautiful. I may have to find something similar a little less pricey though.