1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Just watched the "Around the Verse" section on the Vangaurd.
    Think I might be tempted to cash in my Super Hornet and my Delta for it... it looks mean.

2. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Never actually got around to *reading* the RtV notes last night, just caught bits of it as i was cleaning it up for formatting, but i had a look at the bit about the Reddit leak and found some cached files of the screenshots taken. Its not much really, internal scheduling essentially. There were spoilers in there (SQ42 mission names) however i've blurred them out so theres nothing i'd consider spoilers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20670693/Mercury/leak.png

Theres not much in there though, schedules for FPS Module, Social Module & SQ42 Alpha/Beta dates.
    Im assuming that mentioning scheduling dates (they've given vague dates publicly) wouldnt be considered a spoiler, but the 2 which IMO are interesting are the SQ42 Beta & UK Milestone 16, the final milestone, they're either side of 10/10, 16 is about 80% done, while 9-15 are between 0-20% progress.
    But it does appear like CitizenCon will be the big unveiling, it just wont immediately mark the release, its likely to be a few weeks after.

There also seems to be a few things which are 'unreleased' which most definitely are, like the new hangars.

3. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/.../14623-Relentless-Predator-The-Aegis-Vanguard

Im rather impressed, its certainly a bit of a beast.
    2x Size 2 power-plants
    2x Size 2 shields (page contradicts itself, but confirmed 2x s2 as per the technical overview lists.)
    1x Size 4 gimbal on the nose
    4x Size 2 'high powered lasers' on the nose, however these look fixed, only the barrels are visible. Still, it sounds tasty, and its also on the nose.
    1x (2x S2) gunner turret
    It also has missile pylon mounts (2x S2), but again the page kinda contradicts itself, the table says it has them, the tech overview says 'available'. Its odd not including missile racks though, no?

The turret is a little underwhelming in comparison, but certainly not shabby given the coverage it has. Its like a Super Hornet on steroids. Im somewhere between tempted to buy it with credit & cash, and contributing towards an org-mate upgrading his S-H to one.

Still see the Redeemer in there though, mainly down the spine of the ship, the cockpit and tail, its just the 2 engine pods, which placed in a similar position to the Redeemer, just differ in a few ways. Not quite as tall & hunched, but theres definite similarities, which is nice for 2 Aegis ships, but considering one was a TNGS ship, i wonder if CIG decided to use that to build familiarity, like the Retaliator & Gladius carry design principles. It looks good, either way.

4. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Very good looking ship, will have one in-game.
    May have to start practicing with fixed guns ¬¬

5. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

For HOTAS users, its going to be a case of either having to get good with fixed weapons, or accept inferior ones and install a targetting computer to a gimbal mount.

Mouse users wont really need the computer, they'd just aim with the mouse, and the ship will just follow. Im sure they'd benefit from tracking, but they'd be able to shoot off-center. A gimbal will be useless to HOTAS if you cant have it point anywhere but where the nose is facing, its essentially 'fixed'.
    Im assuming this is the solution to somewhat nerfing HOTAS and also make HOTAS gimbal useful at a small cost.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm just hoping VR headsets track gimballed weapons. Then you can have the best of both worlds!

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

The ship that confuses me the most is the Freelancer, as its side, well I guess turrets, have an insane field of fire, but I can't get my head round how you'd use it without a targetting computer?

8. MadGinga

Just bought the Vanguard :worried:

Couldn't bring myself to melt the Super-Hornet though...

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

It is really pretty, me and my house mate really want one but can't justify the cost :(

10. MadGinga

Who said anything about justifying the cost? ;)

11. MadGinga

Oh, if anyone wants to buy the vanguard, buy it in Euros.

GBP = £175 + VAT = £210
    USD = $300 inc. VAT = £201
    EUR = €240 inc. VAT = £175

12. Parge

Amazing ship. Love love love it.

Now I just need $250 to spend on virtual spaceships.

13. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Trying to figure out what I could melt to do it without losing alpha, beta, and as few character slots as possible....

¬¬

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I could melt my tracker package, but I'd still need another £75.

15. MadGinga

Just had a fly in the Gladius.
    Now I'm sorely tempted to melt my Delta towards it...

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'll be looking to getting back into this in a week or two!

I'm seriously out of touch - can we all play together now?

17. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

The MP servers are basically dead currently as there's a major bug in the party system, which affects everything. So it looks like it'll be a few weeks before the servers are stable unfortunately :(

18. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Nope, the party system is broken :)

19. Parge

Question:

I've got an Avenger and $50 Store Credit that I made from selling an upgraded Omega Package.

I bought a 'Avenger -> 315P CCU', and a '315p -> Hornet CCU' for $50 exactly (no tax!).

If I apply these to my Avenger, but end up disliking the Hornet or whatever, can I exchange the above CCUs for store credits again, or is that it, and I'm stuck with the Hornet?

20. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

If you end up not liking the Hornet, I believe your only option would be to go for the Hornet to Cutlass Red upgrade or to melt the ship (which would likely make you lose the LTI).
    I think that upgrade might only work on the stock Hornet though, so if you upgrade the Hornet to the Ghost or Tracker then that might not work.

Have you tried the Hornet on the Arena Commander? It's available in the list of ships to fly against the AI.
    Definitely worth giving it a couple of trial runs on that before you make a decision.