1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Footballers: Fit athlete's or big girls blouses?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 14 Apr 2015.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

GSP GSP GSP!

That guy is incredible, not always the best fights to watch because he loves his ground game, but my god the stamina. Godlike.

2. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Yeah, I enjoyed his fights too. He retired at the right time. He just needs to stay retired though.

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Those aren't leg muscles. These are leg muscles:

[​IMG]

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I agree, comebacks are always a bad idea. He's been talking about it of late though. Maybe we should start at UFC thread?

5. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Heavy steroid use.

The most fit are wheelchair athletes. Already lived through horrible stuff, and still ready to get out on the floor and crash into each other and fall out to get run over.

I am a bit biased, I'm a wheelchair archer and offroad pusher. The latter is people who like to take their chairs places they should never go. Mud, sand, rocks, don't stop us. Nor does the fact I'm doing it with a 3200 USD chair. I would like a true offroad chair. Or a quadcycle.

6. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Like I said, you have no idea what you are talking about, you assume a bike rider just sits on a bike and their legs do nothing, I'd like to see your superhero ball boys ride a motocross bike for two or three races in one day and which last from 30-45 minutes a race.

If you really think you have any valid arguments I suggest you post in the MotoGP/WSBK thread.

7. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

So what you're saying is, biking is just like running/jumping/twisting/turning on foot?

I posted in this thread to address the unlikely event that Kronos wasn't trolling from the get-go, just to highlight some factors to consider.

You seem to be insisting in turning it into a 'bikers are greater than footballers' issue. I'm not interested in that at all. My only point in relation to your wild posts is that nobody – nobody including the heroic Cal Crutchlow - is going to be playing a game of Premiership football with a broken ankle at the standard required to compete. Bert Trautmann, of course, managed to finish on the winnng side in an FA Cup Final despite having broken his neck during the game, but necks are different to ankles in regard to football.

Why don't we start an internet fight: Cal Crutchlow versus Bert Trautmann!

Can I suggest that you trial a process whereby every time you draft a new post that you run it past your Daddy first to make sure you’re not embarrassing yourself.

Last edited: 15 Apr 2015
  8. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I don't think anybody's doubting that you need your ankles in MotoGP, but the very fact that he could do it at all is a sign that either the injury wasn't that grave or the stresses on it aren't.

You won't see a football/rugby/tennis/squash player or track athlete performing with a truly broken ankle and succeeding in any form as all the stresses will be going through that fracture point. A rugby player can continue playing with broken fingers or a fractured wrist, even though you're using that joint (speaking from experience where I did fracture my wrist and continued playing, didn't know I had until a couple days after) because they don't have the same forces being applied at every moment to that joint. However if the rugby player was required to do constant hand stands for some reason, a fractured or even sprained wrist would be a massive issue.

They're different sports with different requirements, the only common ground is that you need to be really fit and strong for any of them, just not all in the same areas.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Rory would run rings around any premiership footballer when it comes to stamina. He's a bit of a tank. Spends a lot of time in the gym and is considered to be one of the fittest players on the tour, if not the fittest.

Professional footballers are a bunch of overpaid, whinging pussies. Ice hockey players are (often) overpaid, brutally fit, strong men. Put a pair of skates on a professional footballer and he won't last one shift (~2-5 minutes depending) on a rink with professional hockey players.

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Can we all please try maintain civlity and remember this point, when berating each other's sports heroes. There is more than one single type of athleticism, surprisingly enough.

Cal Crutchlow would beat the pants off Cristiano Ronaldo in a bike race.
    Ronaldo would run circles around Crutchlow in a football match
    Georges St-Pierre would beat the snot out of both (and I'd pay good money to watch him with Ronaldo!)

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Quite right KB. I'm fairly certain that Chris Hoy managed to craft his ridiculous legs without the use of muscle fertiliser!

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Woman have made it to mainstream MMA now. :)

Can't say I like seeing woman elbow each other in the face though but it's great in a well versed match of BJJ, Ronda Rousey is better than most men. :D

Yes there should be an MMA thread, my favourite sport. :D

13. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Those legs look like moulded lumps of playdough, and not a hair on them.

It just aint normal, I tells ya.

14. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Yes there's something hypnotic about watching them fight. Especially since I'm twice their size and they could flatten me

My favourite sport too :clap:

I tend to go on the Sherdog forums for MMA, but its much less civil than here.

15. alf-

alf- Minimodder

Odd topic, and now it has basically turned into "my dad could beat your dad".

Last edited: 15 Apr 2015
  16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

On topic pro footballers have to be super fit & skilled, goes without saying IMO, many do look for opportunity to get a free kick or penalty though & blag or over exaggerate fouls, they should use the video footage to help determine legit fouls though, rugby is way ahead of football on that.

17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

My disabled gran could beat your dad.

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Got a good few laughs out of this thread :D

I'm a long way from a football fan but I find it odd to see so many people claim them not to be fit, I would have thought them to be very fit.
    In the end different sports require different things, shocker.

19. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Don't be coming into the thread and spoiling it with your reasoned logic :p

20. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

are footballers fit ? Yes they are

are footballers big girls blouses ? Yes MOST are that as well

i have never been a big fan of football, as most players will roll around on the floor if something more substantial as a leaf hits them. Said players will also happily get back up an continue running around once they realise the ref wont give them a free kick.

fitness comes in all forms, a Sprinter has power but not endurance, marathon runners have endurance but not power. alot of people look at power-lifters and say ''wouldnt like to get into a fight with him'' yet a fight agasint such an opponent would be easy as his heart is unlikely to go the distance and he would wear out very quick, his muscle mass would also slow him down significantly. MMA fighters need both speed and hitting power and try to strike a balance are usually much smaller than power-lifters. motor sport drivers also need to be very physically fit, both to keep their weight down, and also to combat the huge G loads high speed racing places on the driver. a good extreme example is fighter pilots, they have to be in good physical form to stay in control while pulling high G's.