1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quuwahi, 30 Oct 2012.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

@Comrade Woody

Your sustem RAM is pretty low for this, my system was using 6.5GB with this game running for half hour. think about getting a second 8GB kit.

There must be something wrong becouse im running higher settings than you and getting smooth more than playable FPS. i even have Advanced Graphics options on half way.

I recommend you turn off V-sync tho

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Just to let people know that mite have missed them and having FPS problems

3. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I picked it up yesterday and had to leave it running over night. I have FTTC with BT so expect more than 19kB/s ha. Should have been able to do it in a couple of hours. But its done now. Just goes to show that digital distribution is not perfect yet. Even with pretty quick connection it didnt help, felt like i was back in time where leaving my PC on overnight was the norm..

4. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I am thinking of picking up more RAM when I can afford it, running this I'm pretty much using all 8GB. As for v-sync I always leave that on because I get tearing without it in most games. I did try disabling it, just to see if it made much difference, and the frame rate didn't really improve.

The graphics driver is up to date so that shouldn't be an issue.

5. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I tried running at 1440p (DSR) without any AA but that significantly reduced the frame rate.

6. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Quick question, I just purchased the game on cdkeys.com, I thought this would be the steam version but it sent me to the Rockstar site and I'm now downloading it from there.

Is there now a way to link this to my steam account apart from adding as a non steam game? I was hoping to use in home streaming to rock this in the living room.

7. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Don't think so. However, Steam in-home streaming should still work with non-steam games.

8. [PUNK] crompers

O Rly?! OK cheers that'll be fine

9. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

So The Internet seems to say that stuttering is widespread, and is being reported by all NVIDIA cards (including 970s and 980s), but nobody really has a fix. Some are suggestion closing the launcher process, but others say that causes the game to crash.

I've also read that the PS4/XBone also suffered from stuttering when approaching intersections, which R* patched. Wonder if they need to do the same for the PC?

10. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Stuttering? What stuttering?

/AMD owner

Edit: TBF though, I'm wishing I had a bit more GPU power as I can't max out. Apparently I will be waiting until Computex on June 1st to see whether there will be something decent to upgrade to from the AMD factory, else I will try and pick up a slightly-cheaper-than-now Titan X

11. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

So where is the best place to pick this up from? I know it's £40 from steam but is there anywhere cheaper out there to pick up a steam key?

Also, how does this game handle the 21:9/ 2560x1080 resolution? Hopefully my specs are sufficient.

12. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

It handles the resolution fine, but your HUD won't sit on the edges and cutscenes are 16:9.

13. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

cjs-keys is 32 but its not a steam version its a rockstar version. You redeem the code on their site. I used them fairly often now, they are pretty good.

14. [PUNK] crompers

~£30 from cdkeys.com

cjs are also good, I tend to just go with whatever is cheapest at the time

15. loftie

loftie Multimodder

GMG has it for just shy of 32 in their VIP section I believe. If you can find a discount code then it should tip it below the above prices.

16. [PUNK] crompers

Can't remember the last time I paid full release price for a steam game

17. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

If you go through TopCashBack you can get an extra 3.15% money back (making the game cost just over £30).
    Or if it's your first purchase on GMG you'll get 8.4% cashback (if you've not purchased from GMG before, with the new customer TopCashBack amount it works out just under £29.

18. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

No problems here with my SLI'd 680s.

19. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

How do I copy all the settings from within game like people have here? Or are you typing it all out? Lol
    Might do benchmark when home to see what FPS that says I'm getting. Try to get it stable on the slow
    downs. Not that they are really that bad.

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Is it possible to get a physical copy of the game? Worked out to download it would take over 1000 hours. which is a little daft