1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Pandoras Purple Box (ooh, er)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by davido_labido, 20 Jan 2015.

1. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

Thanks man :D

For anyone that is attending i54, say hi to me!!!

this build will hopefully be on the OcUK stand there and i am also BYOC with H2Orange in the EON lounge!!

2. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Great work so far Davido, I'm modding the same case atm, but my build log still to start. hope to see your final build soon. that front panel with the display is quite tricky and i guess you got it the right way.... i didn't wanna try that and ruin the whole thing ;) . good luck

3. davido_labido

Yeah, I was lucky that BitFenix didn't mind sending me 2 of the cases so that I could be a little bit more adventurous .

Weeeell, I had best post these last few pics of this build (its not the last update, as i do have the peripherals to do still yet!!!!)

Not much talking in this update, more of just putting all the pictures somewhere, and i will be posting another load of pics in the next few minutes too :p

What i will say though is if you like this build please do vote for me here:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=282671

I am currently in the lead, but only by 5 votes!

So, The PSU i sprayed white and shortened the cables to around 10mm so that i didnt have to worry about the cable management so much!

[​IMG]

I also made this little nifty 8pin EPS cable sot hat i didnt have to use the stock cable for the PSU as well as the extension

[​IMG]

I also made a backing plate out of some white acrylic that E22 gave to me, i ended up cutting it in half as i didnt like it after id cut out all the motherboard headers, so i just left it covering the PSU and GPU

[​IMG]

I cut some holes out of the motherboard try, and made a place for my SSDs as well as filled the loop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then i gave it all al ittle touch up and took some pics of it <3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. davido_labido

As some of you know, OcUK help me a lot in a multitude of ways, so I offered to put my build on their stand for the weekend at i54 - the UK's biggest gaming festival.

Well, all the staff really liked it, particularly the big boss man (wooooohoooooo!!!) but these are some pics from teh stand.

A huge thanks to OcUK for allowing me to be part of your display, it really does mean a lot.

Before the masses arived.

[​IMG]

It soon started to pull people into the stand.

[​IMG]

Lots of people!

[​IMG]

8-Pack spent a lot of time with me around this build, he really liked what I had done, which hearing so many good things from the biggest UK components retailer and the worlds number 1 overclocker is huge for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CS:GO was being run on my computer the whole weekend with a BenQ freesync monitor which was awesome. I wish i could have taken it home!!

[​IMG]

It was awesome to see the ocuk stand so busy all the time, and to have my build on the "front line" was an honor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A huge thanks to my sponsors!

[​IMG]

and the final build :)

[​IMG]

5. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

What spray primer did you use for undercoat on the block and pump?None of my primers for plastic seems to hold on this kind of acetal !

6. Dot_Kappa

Dot_Kappa 100% Puppet

Wow , nice work :clap:

Laser engraved logos is the best solution :thumb:

Congratulations :)

7. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

I love what you have done to this...one vote landing for MOTM from me.

8. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

try etch primer. works for most stuff

9. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Rad

Davido, how did you fix that Rad there?

10. davido_labido

I usually sand it down a little bit before i paint it to give it a rough edge, but not so rough it shows through the paint

Thank you sir!

Thanks man!! im currently neck and neck with a beautiful build so every vote is needed!!!

This would work i would i imagine

I made some extra holes for the 120mm rad, and for the 240 i made a little bracket :)

As mentioned above, i am in for MOTM this month, there is one day left, im neck and neck with a gorgeous build.... if you like mine, please give me a vote :D

11. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

I voted for you AND the build you're neck and neck with. I couldn't chose just one!

12. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder

Looking great!! Very impressive work.

13. Turbz

Turbz What's a Dremel?

Beautiful... I'm curious - how did you apply the purple to the tuf armour and the CSQ so accurately and with such little bleed into the white?