1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quuwahi, 30 Oct 2012.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

yep i would not bother doing heists with public's... take good voip coms to get them done.
    Very tense and fun tho.

join the bit-tech TS if you want to get some of harder heists done, pretty much a must.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Same. I've been too scared to go into online. GTA4 single player so far had been brilliant, so no reason to look at online yet.

My recent BF4 solo experience taught me multiplayer games are no fun without friends online.

How do I find BT's crew?

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

GTA Online has been, for me, rather hit and miss, although not due to power imbalance.

It's mostly because those people who do use comms and leave them on open to world tend to have their microphones sat next to their bloody crappy subwoofers.

That said; I've made a few friends from the people I've helped out in Heist Setups and such, and we toddle around from place to place doing odd jobs every now and again.

With regards to multiplayer power: The additions for Heists and such don't have a level limit, so earn yourself 17,500 and immediately charge down the nearest AmmuNation and buy the Special Carbine (G36C) (It's on the right wall, only shows up once you're in the buying interface) that'll immediately bring you up to par with every other player on close to medium damage output, and I'd wager a fair few of us can shoot better than people from consoles having to manage without Auto-Aim.

The only area where you'll have difficulty is long range till you can get a Sniper Rifle at level 23 (I think). The Marksman rifle seems like a good idea, but I've found it doesn't have enough stopping power personally, YMMV, though.

The matchmaking system will always match you to players on the same aim-mode as yourself, so if you're using snap to (Where it just gives the crosshairs a nudge in the right direction then stops): You'll be in a lobby with players whom are using snap-to, same with all the other modes, as a result: I've never been magically killed due to AutoAim when people have attempted drive-bys, it's always taken then rather a lot of ammo to bump me off. (I run on completely free-aim, no assists)

For reference; The In-game VOIP actually sounds very good, i'd put it at around Teamspeak quality, It's clear, can be setup for audio trigger transmit (Much like TS) or Push to Talk, either way; I actually quite like it personally.

Even with my preferred method of just blowing people to hell with sticky bombs if they wrong me; I've not wound up in Bad-Sport lobbies, you seriously have to go on a car-destroying rampage to wind up in one of those, and it's not permanent either, which is cool. It also tends to dissuade most players from trying again, and even if they do; They're then on foot, so easy pickings for your vast arsenal (Seriously, I have no idea how I'm keeping five pistols, two ARs, two SMGs, two shotguns, two sniper rifles, 25 sticky bombs, 5 proximity mines and a Broken Bottle in my pants)

4. alf-

alf- Minimodder

Is it a heist mission by any chance?

5. flamin9_t00l

flamin9_t00l 1,000,000,000,000 Bytes Free!

I had the same issue on my Xfire rig and couldn't progress past "Blitz Play" mission. I ended up swiping my savegame and trying it on my nvidia ITX rig which worked got me past the freeze point then put the new savegame back to the Xfire rig.

I've heard if you delete cfg.dat and pc_settings.bin from your profile in documents where your savegames are located then run the game and try the mission again without going to any settings menus, it's possible to progress although there was also mention of the game failing to run after deleting these files... so make sure you keep them as backups just in case. :thumb:

Really enjoying this game it looks stunning and feels like a living breathing city, thanks R* for this masterpiece. :clap: and multi-gpu actually works on day 1 :rock:

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Ill join when i get this next 300Mb download done haha

7. panda_uk

panda_uk What's a Dremel?

How does one go about joining the BT GTA crew?

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

log in to the rockstar social club website, search for the bit tech crew on there and then join.

9. legoman

Rather annoying, updated the game etc started and crashes at the fourth star on the naffing intro video. Chucking new catalyst driver (15.4B) on which are apparently optimised for GTAV

10. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

11. law99

law99 Custom User Title

To be fair they seem to employ morons for the call centre staff. They probably work for multiple companies and just see Rockstar support on their screen when you call in.

12. legoman

well no joy on the video or audio drivers front, yay fault ticket! :grr:

13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

The 350mb update is downloading at ultra slow speed :rock:

Was in no rush to play anyway :miffed:

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm curious what these people are doing to get their account hacked. I don't think I've ever had an account "hacked" on an online game.

15. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

There was a "fixed" launcher going around for a while that purported to fix game start troubles, and it did work, it just also Phished the account details in the process.

Also the usual, same email/password combination as somewhere else, lending accounts, so on and so forth.

16. alf-

alf- Minimodder

This is exactly what I did, when i had problems during that heist and it solved my issues.

17. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

I've not done Online yet, no time at all. :(

But it is like i'm doing single player all in the wrong order and making bad choices haha.
    First robbery (jewelers), I didnt choose cheapest hacker. So lost a bigger cut. I didn't have
    Packie McCreary, I am awful on the stock markets so have no money (except the pre-order bonus' and from the robbery).
    Blah. But am loving Trevor. Hilarious.

18. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

That video about them hanging up on people is shocking, also half of the representatives featured sounded like they'd been sedated, lobotomised, suffered severe head trauma or else were just drugged up their eyeballs. P**s poor service in any case.

Regarding my frame rate issues, I've seen some significant improvement by disabling v-sync and running the game in borderless windowed mode rather than full screen. I've also put the graphics settings back up to the Nvidia optimised settings and so far it's all running smoothly.

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Same, and I've spent most of my pre-order bonus on car upgrades and a useless weed shop. Although I've almost doubled my money from jewelry heist by playing the stock market with the first assassination mission.

I'll have a try with online come weekend. I'm thinking I'll need to set aside 2-3 hours to make it worth well.

20. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

If you actually want to make money, don't do the Assassination missions for Lester until AFTER you've done the final heist. it makes a big difference in making a few million (1-10), and making a few Billion (with a capital B).