1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quuwahi, 30 Oct 2012.

1. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I've not read the thread but regarding crashes; I left GTA V running from 9:30am this morning to 9:00pm. I paused it when eating breakfast and dinner, plus other chores. No crashes. Except all the times I've cack handedly plowed into pedestrians, cars, lamp posts, buildings, and pets.

I don't play online though, and the outlook is that it wouldn't work for me. What with the issues I had activating the ****ing game to begin with.

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I just had the one CTD on day one, but like Law I'm only playing offline for the time being.

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Good thing about constantly getting slaughtered online is you can go into passive mode where others can't hurt you. :D

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

It's lagging like hell for our group, unplayable :(

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Two things from last night

We need to broadcast ride of the valkaries when we're in choppers again
    Also the number of people who shoot you up for no reason is annoying, or in our case shoot down your chopper

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I'm unsure of playing online for reasons such as that. You're always going to have dicks who just want to spoil your fun. Really enjoying the single player though. So glad the sorted out the driving after the atrociousness that was grand theft 'spacehopperonwheels' 4.

7. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

The Heists are pretty damn good fun, you do need 4 to pull them off though.
    So the online is worth Pershing, just use friends or crew only mode (which you can only launch from the single player because double loading screens to play without dicks is sensible and not annoying).

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I think this game might be the one that stops me gaming.

Booted it up today for something to do (thinking it'd crash as it normally does), works fine with no fannying around. On old drivers (14.12). That haven't changed since Friday. So very confused.

9. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I think we should do more heists etc. as a crew, rather than just messing about?

10. legoman

May be an idea I did spend a fair bit dying last night

11. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I'm getting really tired of the frequent crashing. Almost every time I play the game sooner or later it goes to a white screen and Windows informs me it has stopped responding.

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I have not yet had a crash on my PC, i am running an I5 and a HD 7950 with the latest drivers for GTA.
    Always been smooth enough with no issues

Maybe we can get some heists going tomorrow night?

13. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I've had it crash on me twice today so far. The game's great when it works it's just really frustrating when you're settled into a session and then it just crashes out to a black or white screen. Just before the last crash I was driving around taking out the for sale signs, I guess I'll be doing them all again now.

I've not tried playing it online yet, may give it a go tomorrow if that's when people are planning to be on next.

14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Damn crash right at the end of the Paleto Bay bank job!!!

It was just switching from the cut scene back to you driving the bulldozer.

15. legoman

I was on earlier hoping to join some heists or jobs, all level 50 players so kept getting kicked, done some hold ups an thats been about it. Any tips on quick ways to earn money?

16. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

I crashed on the same job, but even further into it, I had finished the entire thing and was about 10s off finishing the last cut scene, had to do the whole thing again. First crash I had had on GTA as well.

17. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Do jobs for Simeon, most of them are steal cars. Give him a ring and ask him for a job.
    Once a day (in-game I think), steal a non-super car and sell it at the mod-shop.
    Do the text message job for Simeon to steal one from a list of top end cars (ring Lester, he can help you find one of them).

Do your daily challenges (from the interaction menu, m on the keyboard).

18. legoman

Brilliant should have thought of that selling to the mod shop.

19. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Best car to sell to mod shops is the BMW M5 looking thing, the Ubermacht Oracle XS (I think, either the soft-top or hard, they're both the same price), and it can be done once every 48 minutes (Two in-game days). (IIRC: You'll get around $8000 for one of those, you don't even need to respray them.)

Beyond that; bounty hunting players works, as long as you've got a reasonably good selection of weapons to choose from, depending on what they're doing, although if they're in an armoured Kuruma; don't bother. While those things go boom easily; the costs you incurr for doing it is a pain in the arse.

Heists are a great way of earning money, though, I've had the good fortune of coming across people with working in-game microphones, and it's been some of the funniest and best missions I've played, even including the segment of the storyline I've managed so far.

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

In regards online, unless you want to get shot up all the time you can host a private invite only lobby. Play free roam/heists etc with your friends. But it does drop you back into a regular open world.

You can enable passive mode so you can't be killed or kill anyone. Though you can have your car blown up which costs other person cash.