1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

Victorville calif been here for nearly 5 months, should be called victomville, it's just plain weird and boring, lots of homeless people but those are the polite ones, I've been crossing the road in the day time and a car rolls it's window down in my path as I try to cross and asked if I want to earn a quick $100, erm no, followed to dennys I actually crossed 8 lanes of traffic to get away from him I out walked him, the manager had to remove him, men total strangers want to give me thier nos, just why and I missing something, just so random asked if I am single, now I just wear earbuds all the time.

Going home soon.

2. shindead

shindead What's a Dremel?

I woke up thinking it was friday :(

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Having to do an annual review of myself for work. I have no motivation at all to do this, plus they have listed my job role wrong so none of the "targets" are applicable to my role.

Apparently i have to be energised and commited, yes i had a coffee this morning
    I need to make decisions, i did i decided which shirt to iron this morning
    Value added customer excellence, the hell i fix IT faults im not selling people crap

The list goes on but its boring

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

"All targets met 110%. Signed - My Boss" :thumb:

5. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Had a new TIA. In bed recovering.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I didn't feel myself yesterday at all, since I got up in the morning until I went to bed, I felt funny and had a headache. Woke up this morning feeling like I'd either been beaten up in my sleep or had done a seriously hard day's manual graft yesterday, neither of which is true as I spent my day at the bench in my workshop and the evening working on the GT4 engine in the garage.

Got myself out of bed, down the stairs and into the shower. At this point I noticed that I had a splitting headache. A few minutes later I became light headed and dizzy. Everything started spinning so I had to get out of the shower and sit down for a while. Took some Migraleve tablets but they didn't even put a dent in my headache or neck pain.

I've just seen my GP who is referring me to the local A&E with suspected viral meningitis. That's not bacterial but it does mean I'm going to be out of action for a few days. :/

Brilliant.

Last edited: 1 May 2015
  7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Get well soon.

I am impressed that you can see your GP so quickly.

8. Unicorn

Thanks. I called when the surgery opened this morning at 08:30 and had an appointment for 11:00. It's a tiny private practice in a tiny town in a tiny country... Not like big cities in England!

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Useful all the same. My GP practice is thinking of having the National Lottery approach except you will not need to pay for your ticket but you stand as much chance of winning an appointment.

10. shindead

shindead What's a Dremel?

To top this off I though I was on a half day friday today and it turns out im in all day..... END ME

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That sounds familiar :(

12. Unicorn

Well, bad news and good. Bad news, I took a dizzy spell and collapsed in the waiting area of A&E. Good news, that put me to the front of the queue and the doctor is pretty sure it's not Viral Meningitis. I've had a heart trace, some IV Paracetamol for the migraine and neck pain and fluids to pick up my low blood pressure. Bloods are off at the lab being tested at the moment and im waiting to have a chest X-Ray.

Oh, and an old school friend who I haven't seen in years is on duty as a nurse in the Resus Ward!

Last edited: 1 May 2015
  13. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Get well soon Uni :thumb:

All that's ruining my life today is Mac Mail :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: I hate it with a passion!

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

That's how I've felt all bloody week. :miffed:

15. Unicorn

Well I've just been given the all clear as far as Meningitis goes. Doc says it's a viral infection. They pumped me full of some more good juice, gave me a strong dose of Aspirin and sent me on my way with strict instructions to take it easy for a few days.

Nursing staff and doctor were brilliant, it's not nice having to come here but it's reassuring to know there are good staff on hand to look after you when you do.

Last edited: 2 May 2015
  16. Almightyrastus

So my wife has decided that it's dinner time and wants something to eat... This means that I now have to stop in the middle of what I want to be doing and go and cook...

17. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

10 days of holiday = 15 pages of New Posts :jawdrop:

18. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

I hope you recovered from that. (why didn't you just order pizza?)

19. Almightyrastus

Pizza tonight.

I guess I needed food more than I thought, I get kinda grumpy on low blood sugar (thanks diabetes)

20. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

went into what i thought was a budget computer shop here just to format a sata hard drive and bam "afraid we don't even look at anything unless you give us £30"

like heck dude by the time you explained that you could of formatted and made like £5 for like 30 seconds work...