1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quuwahi, 30 Oct 2012.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Holy dicks is the Adder fast!

264mp/h speeding ticket according to the social club website.

2. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

Just installed this morning and playing all day with no crashes or glitches!
    My little pentium and gtx580 seem nice and smooth at 1080...Pleasantly surprised, thought i might have to buy quad core to play this.

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Shame GTA:O locks all cars to roughly 120MPH max to stop the netcode completely dying from fast-moving vehicles, singleplayer is unrestricted.

In other news; FiveM is now in open alpha (Or was it Beta?) Dedicated Server multiplayer replacement, being worked on, by, among many others; NTAuthority, Aka; The madman who built AlterIW a while back.

4. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Since doing this not one crash.:clap:

5. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I ended up switching from Windows 7 and starting again with a clean installation of 8.1. Since doing that GTA has run far better. It did still crash once, but only once, not every time I tried to play the game like it was doing before.

6. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Personally, I've not had any gameplay issues with my installation, though I did struggle to make the $1.2 billion other people have been quoting after the assassination missions. I guess I like spending money on cars, strippers and firearms :)

Each of my characters had around $420 million to play with, so I'm happy with that...

7. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I did a few of the assassinations before realising I needed to do them last to make enough money to buy everything. I solved that problem by editing some memory values. I found I wasn't able to directly edit their cash so I just gave them a few million shares each instead.

8. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I've not had nearly enough free time over the last month so really haven't been able to do much in the game. One thing that really does bug me though is that single player doesn't appear to have some sort of insurance mechanic for your cars. This is really annoying frankly. In multiplayer I can pimp up my ride and keep using it even if it's blown up, crashed etc. In single player, there's basically no point to modding a car to the max for this reason. I mean this is GTA after all, you have car crashes, get into gun fights and high speed pursuits with the police, have street races etc. your cars do get trashed from time to time.

I'm also having an exceedingly tough time winning any races online, which is a bummer for unlocking the car mods. Coming second is almost always my territory. The winner is usually either a cheater or some high level who's a driving god. I don't want things handed to me on a platter, far from it, but it gets a bit frustrating when the game pairs you up with a number of similar skilled opponents and then somebody who simply doesn't belong there.

That said, it's still a lot of fun. Haven't done any heists yet, saving that for later when a friend picks the game up. Would rather learn at the same time, more fun that way.

9. liratheal

Yeah, I was wondering why there's no insurance option in single player.

Maybe there's a mod for that..

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

A word of caution for anyone using or considering to use any mods on GTA 5, there's been some reports that people are injecting trojan software into various mods on the net.

Two confirmed ones are Angry Planes and the NoClip mods, which have been bundled with the "Fade.exe" keylogger.
    Take a bit of extra care if you're planning on using mods in your game.

11. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Ah. Oh well, that's what I get for doing all the side stuff as soon as it becomes available.

12. liratheal

Since Rockstar have okay'd modding single player, I've installed a couple.

Gone with a re-do of the police, their AI, and their response levels. Not sure whether it's made a great deal of difference, but that might be because I start my rampages with grenades..

And another one that opens up all the buildings you see the insides of. Some of them are better than others.

13. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I do exactly the same, leave the main story 'til last.

If you need to cheat like I did you can use this to edit the variables: http://www.cheatengine.org/

I bought some shares then just changed the quantity from a single figure to millions. I then sold the shares to convert them to cash. Then I went on a shopping spree :D

14. liratheal

Okay, the crime one is really quite good.

Stars 1-3 are relatively easy to get, but 4 and 5 are *******s to get, and 5 sees the army chase you again - Which amuses me no end!

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Anyone managed to get the military jet/heli from their base?

I've a quick-save just outside it and many attempts have ended in failure. The closes I got was the buzz helicopter that broke down and won't start at the wrong end of Trever's airfield, no way to get it to the helipad :(

Most of the time I got shot while getting into the vehicles :(

16. liratheal

I also have that problem, I saw a video where they drove straight in through the main gate, and one of the jets is parked in a covered but open hanger, they taxi'd to the left and took off before hitting the main hangers, then had to dodge missiles etc.

I stopped wanting to try at that point.

17. suenstar

The easiest way I get into the military base and to a plane/helicopter before they have a chance to muster up a full response is to take a care along the intersection towards the tunnel that goes under the base, along the road to the West of the map.
    [​IMG]

If you're heading from North to South (as if you're heading back to the city from Sandy Shores), you should see a roughly done ramp on the grass hill next to the tunnel:
    [​IMG]

Drive straight up the ramp without turning, you don't need to go overly fast to make the jump.
    Taking that ramp will land you on the runway for the military base where you can find a few unguarded hangars, so you should have a much better chance to jump into a vehicle before the army attacks.

Last edited: 15 May 2015
  18. liratheal

Bit-Tech needs an upvote button for posts..

I'll try that next time I'm playing!

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Thanks suenstar. I'll give that a try next time.

Any pointers for where best to go after entering the base? Is it the hanger right next to your entry point?

Although dodging tanks is always fun :lol:

20. suenstar

There's a single fast jet in the hangar directly next to the tunnel.

If it's a helicopter you're after, then you'll want to take a pretty fast car so you can speed along the runway to the central area where they keep them stationed.
    With taking a helicopter, my advice for not getting too many missiles fired at you is to fly low and then drop down to the river below the base and follow that along towards the lake.

wyx087 likes this.