1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I might have gone a bit overboard with the chillies in last night's curry. :waah:

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

arse like the back of the batmobile?

PureSilver likes this.
  3. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

No kidding, and "fire hose" first thing this morning. :eeek:

4. jinq-sea

Ow.

I bet it's a bit like this now:
    [​IMG]

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Are milk enemas a "thing"?

6. jinq-sea

I don't know, but it certainly sounds as though it might be soothing! Doesn't lager have a similar cooling effect? A lagerma would have the added bonus of intoxication!

7. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

You might be on to something there. :hehe:

Are Police fartalisers a "thing"?

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Yes... Yes they are :worried:

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm sick for the second time in as many weeks, Mum and Dad are both sick at the moment too. Mum also broke her hand in a fall at work at the start of last week. My friend's marriage has not improved any, she still hasn't gone back to her husband but also hasn't started any divorce proceedings, or even talked about it recently, which makes me worry that she might go back to him for the third time and end up even more hurt than she is now.

Because I've been sick so much lately, I'm way behind with work and truth be told, I don't have the will or energy to catch up on it at the moment. I even had to pull the van into a layby on my way to a site this morning because the sunlight was hurting my eyes and head so much that I couldn't keep them open. All in all it's been a rough few weeks :(

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Rule 34

11. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

:hehe:

It's ok, I'm going in from the top...

*drinks beer*

I think I got this.

12. asura

asura jack of all trades

Customer last month : could you make me some fairly complex bespoke earrings for a wedding on June fifth?

Sure not a problem.

Customer yesterday : are my earrings ready for the wedding on Friday?

The manufacturing's done but I still have the setting to do (hardest bit)... I thought the wedding was on June the fifth?

no, the reception's on the fifth... how did you know about that?

:wallbash:

I plan around doing this kind of fiddly work on a Sunday, when it's quietest and I'm most rested. That way I can work without interruption, or yawning. Went in today* to try and get the job done and mucked up because I'm knackered. Now I'll have to work like a fiend on Thursday to get them done!

*first day off in... 13 days :sigh:

13. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Over a period of 12 hours my left eye (what was until now the good/working one) suffered a severe vitreous detachment so I'm now struggling to read and it's generated a large number of 'floaters' as well.

As I was initially unsure whether it was a detached retina due to the 'smoke' effect and black flashes I was experiencing I booked an emergency appointment with my GP who saw me at 15:40 and referred me to A&E after printing out a brief summary of my eye problems over the last 10 years to take with me 'just in case'.

I arrived at A&E at 16:10, was seen within 10 minutes, referred to the eye clinic within 20 minutes and back home at 17:40 after having both eyes fully checked and a vitreous detachment rather than detached retina confirmed. As I left the consultant told me not to hesitate to return if I experience the 'smoke' effect again as it's a possible sign of a detached retina

14. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Completely butchered a maths test for a job. Most likely I wont get it. However the test had nothing relevant on it is one of those online tests. Tho that being said the interview is tomorrow. But the other bad side of this is they have asked for a presentation which like the maths test i've not done one in years.....ffs

Not confident one bit....

15. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I remember doing an aptitude test for a technician job years ago. Turned out the job was one step up from requiring monkey level intelligence. I think some bosses over estimate the importance of their dominion...or maybe my tests highlighted the required monkey like intelligence

16. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Thats just it. The test has nothing to do with what the job entails. Also if the maths questions and the workarounds will never appear in the job. Even threw in a "verbal reasoning" part which again has nothing to do with the job.

The worst part is tomorrow I will be pitted against recent grads/young people whom for the last few years have been used to doing these sorts of tests/presentations whilst I have a fair whack of experience in another aspect of the sector I've have been not working(went traveling for 2.5 years) so im completely out of the loop when it comes to these things.

I can't see why these grads have a better chance than I do given they are more used to these things but I have real-world experience which goes miles beyond what they learn in classrooms. /rant

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Had a complete new heating system installed yesterday which also included the removal of the power shower which would not work with the new boiler and replaced with an electric shower and it is rubbish.

I like to be battered within an inch of my life with the water jets this is more of a gentle tickling with a feather. It is pathetic.

18. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Nothing better than a powerful shower. I feel your pain!

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

There is no pain now. :grr:

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

First:

Temperature in the house reaching tomato growing properties and although thermostat set to off boiler continues to fire up. I will never look at a roast chicken the same way.

Second:

Fired up the washing machine and nothing, no sound of flowing water. I know that the feeds were also altered so looked under the sink and both blue and red taps at off. Turned them on and turned on the machine to be met with a loud rushing noise and water flowing out of the cupboard. Shut down machine and taps.

Called the fitter who said he will be right down and first of all apologised as the hot feed should have been blanked off. So that was that sorted.

As to the heating the hall thermostat/controller was not speaking to the boiler so the boiler was doing it's own thing and keeping the house a steady 29c. The fitter phoned the electrician who managed to sort things out over the phone.
    So all is now well.