1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I very rarely play games on it. My iPhone is a productivity device. I use it as a phone, a music player, an email device, a to do list, for web surfing, remote desktop, as a notebook, to access cloud stored files, a SONOS controller, social media... I'm even posting this from it right now. The list goes on and on. It is a very versatile pocketable device with the processing power and capability of a tablet. I carry around an iPad Air too, but the iPhone gets used for much more on a day to day basis.

The average person you see with a powerful smartphone makes use of maybe 50% of its capability. I use the device to its full potential each and every day, and I got to the point where I couldn't do without it a long time ago.

2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Funnily enough, since getting a 6 Plus last year I've basically stopped using my tablet altogether. Turns out the larger screen is all I needed, the size of the 6 plus has really grown on me. I primarily use my phone for web surfing, the camera, messenger, gps and then at the bottom of the stack, phone calls. A tablet doesn't fit into a pocket, which is the biggest issue for me, I also find it easier to type on the smaller screen of a phone as I can easily just use my thumbs.

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Like my Line Manager.. he's addicted to it to the point where he's had the breast pockets of his suits altered to take them properly..

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

[​IMG]

A guy at work has a 6+, ok hes 75% blind and has a guide dog. Hes also bought an iWatch the "larger" 42mm model :lol:

Nothing interesting purchaase wise of late (never is with me) some gear cable for the bike a new air freshener for the car which promptly leaked on me so I was rocking Eau De NewCar yesterday.
    Phone contract expires soon (yay!) need to change provider as one of the only places I get signal now is in the upstairs loo EE signal seems to have been steadily tailing off round here. Question is though Android which I have now or Windows which I had before and enjoyed bar the limited app options three years ago.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Leather split wallet thing for my 6. Never had a phone case before, but being able to keep small notes and my Oyster in there does seem handy.

And sold my 4S for £65 which ain't half bad.

7. veato

veato I should be working

Dyson DC40 Animal

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Not bought yet, but I'm very close to pulling the trigger on some Noble Kaiser 10's. I'm trying to talk myself out of it because I don't need them, but I get a £1k bonus next month and they're soooo tempting :sigh:

9. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

10. legoman

Should solve it im using an arctic hybrid on my overclocked 6950 with just a push fan, no overheating issues for me. If you can mount it in the roof makes a cracking impromptu cup warmer when needed.

11. Pookie

Never changed a GPU cooler before so I'm a little apprehensive :worried:. But I have the tools, cotton buds, lint free cloth, isoproyl, and some Arctic MX-2.

12. legoman

Dead easy just take your time with it ideally do it with the card slightly warm the old cooler comes away from the GPU die easier.

13. Pookie

Good tip cheers :thumb: I was going to make notes and take some pics and make a step by step guide for the hardware section. Do you reckon it's worth it?

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Cherry G80-3000 LSCGB-0.

[​IMG]

15. legoman

Well worth it most people never swap the GPU cooler or even re TIM it. CPU's have the head spreader on them the bulk of AMD GPUs ive seen dont its just raw die under the cooler. Not had a new 2XX apart to play.

16. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

One of these

[​IMG]

I'm liking it but it has the same CPU as one of my tablets but runs 20ºC hotter at load which is a bit puzzling.

I'm currently setting it up and testing it. I'm planning on using it as my Plex server with a USB drive.

17. Pookie

Did you get it from SVP in the end?

18. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

No, I paid more to get it from Amazon. It was £119 when I bought it last week.

19. Pookie

Still a bargain at full price. Have you set it up yet? You'll have to let us know how it works out :thumb:

20. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Just got 40 of these bad boys - Kurecolour spirit markers, refillable and beautiful. Normally £3 a pop, but courtesy of ebay I managed half price.

[​IMG]