1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Seen anything cool on the road lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by docodine, 2 Aug 2009.

1. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

Been seeing a lot of Aston Martin station wagons around here lately...

Turns out it is just the new Ford Mondeo...

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Don't remind me. Ford's got such a crap model lineup in India, we're missing all the best cars - no Fiesta ST (granted, the Focus would never have made it in this market), no Mondeo - it's like they want to lose market share...

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Neighbours daughters new boyfriend has an AC Cobra replica (11 plate), heard it arrive earlier, it's just fired up to leave and both my Mum and myself pretty much wet ourselves it's that loud, :D

4. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Saw a yellow La Ferrari on Thursday in Knightsbridge. Was on the bus at the time sadly else I would have tried to grab a picture, had my camera with me too. Never got close enough for a good view, easy to spot what car it was though thanks to the destinctive rear plus a quick glance at the side.

It's a shame really as 10 years ago I would have been wetting myself over seeing a car like that. Thanks to the Qatari royal family though the sight has very much been diminished if you take that route on a regular basis. Still amazing cars, but they're hat bit more amazing if you only get to see a fleeting glance of one a couple times in your life. Luckily beasts like the F50 and McLaren F1 are still in that class as they're older, still get giddy seeing those in the flesh.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

saw a Mcalaren P1 ragging the **** out of several county roads last week, oh god the noise.

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

It's odd that these two cars are clearly in the same league, yet I've walked past a LaFerrari in the metal and was fairly nonplussed, just "huh, a LaFerrari, how about that". Had it been a P1 I would have undoubtedly ogled it until the owner came out to swat me away.

There's not many Ferraris post ~mid-90s would get me excited to be honest, would take something like a 288, F40, F50. I do like the FF a great deal though.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

A similar thing happened me the other day with an F430. It's one of my favourite Ferrari models of the past 15 years, but I looked at it, admired it, and walked on. In contrast, I could barely take my eyes off the mint AE86 Corolla Twin Cam parked outside Halfords a few weeks ago. I even found the owner in the store to compliment him on it and have a chat. He was kind enough to take me out and show me around it too. Oh how it gave me the wants!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

[​IMG]

Dacia Sandero

/End thread

9. Mister_Tad

Good news!

10. Unicorn

[​IMG]

:D

On topic [sort of];

I saw one of these on my way to work this morning. Yes, here. I was full-on mind blown. I know lots of people up sticks and move to other countries, but taking your SUV with you is a bit extreme!

11. GMC

GMC Minimodder

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Was following a Golf R32 to work this morning, until I passed it in my Up! :D

13. Unicorn

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Speaking of things that can be bought in the UK, can the Tesla now be bought here or something? I've seen seven or eight in the last couple of weeks.

15. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Unicorn,
    Doh! Sarcasm before coffee = fail. ;)

Liratheal
    Tesla cars have been available in uk for a while. Fantastic machines/computers and depending on spec, you can get the model s in trim that is faster to 60 than a McLaren :eek:
    Elon Musk is Tony Stark...

Hopefully I'll be able to get one through my business when the model x is released later in the year.

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Any car that has an "INSANE!" button hidden in the menus... :D:naughty:

[​IMG]

17. wst

wst Minimodder

I saw a Radical RXC (in Yellow) heading northbound up the A1 today. About 0945 it was between the A606 junction and erm... The Fox pub. I had a good run up the A1 last night in my boring hatch, I'd love to see how good that'd be for getting places a bit too fast!

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

1937 Rolls Royce in mint condition.

(Please excuse tiny dashcam pic)

[​IMG]

19. RTT

RTT #parp

hang on, wasn't that in Mayfair a few weeks ago? right next to my office near hanover square?

20. Mister_Tad

Bond St... My wife may have traumatised me in that Bally when it opened last Christmas.