1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by workingclass, 5 Feb 2013.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I thought he sounded like Tywin Lannister!!, :D

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I am 100% sure i cam across a Geordie speaking guy just before i kicked his ass. Loving this game more and more

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Comparing The Witcher 3 to the UK, the Northerners sound Southern and Southerners sound Northern!

The game owes a great deal to our regional dialects!

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

:rock:

5. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

I've done the griffin school armour quest, and currently using the serpentine swords, but are the griffin swords better?

6. creative

creative 500rwhp

Installed this the other week. I am not a fan of rpg's at all but thought I would give it a go.

Just finished the first section of the map including all the side missions etc. and I am kind of enjoying it. not really into the crafting side of things but I guess I have to work it out. The only downside is the text on my tv is terrible and makes it hard to read all the words.. :D

7. law99

law99 Custom User Title

500rwhp has done this guy's retinas in.

8. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Chipping away at this quest at the moment! Want the improved goods before I slaughter the old crones... assuming that's an option. Not quite got that far yet but I didn't like our first encounter. Hopeful the evil beast I unleashed on Velen will lend a hand! :D

9. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Didn't like how that one went with the choices I made. Looking forward to another run next playthrough. Just got to Skellige now, been spending the last two hours there. Amazing place.

10. creative

creative 500rwhp

nope.. just my old plasma telly is crap for text in games.... and 500rwhp is no good when its on axlestands.. :D

11. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Safety first :thumb:

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sod it. Just bought it for a couple of quid more than I would have if I had bought it earlier. As I am not a usual RPG player I will need to make an effort and not give up when I get frustrated which I most certainly will.

13. creative

creative 500rwhp

Thats what the big brake kit is for. ;)

Playing some more and getting a little frustrated with it now. How do you level up the signs?

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

OK, installed the game, settings on high at the moment and it runs as smooth as silk. Beautiful looking game. Just done the combat tutorial that is a bit different to storming in all guns blazing, which I am used to with my usual gaming fare, FPS's.

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Hope you enjoy it, the combat for me was a pain in the ass to get used to and my first real battle with the royal Griffin was damn annoying. Getting better at the combat though so all good.

Keep us updated on what you think about it :thumb:

16. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Quite like Gwent but its generally fairly easy. Only level 11 but I seem to have unlocked loads of gear recipes. Haven't played anything else since I brought it, which shows its holding my normally short attention.

17. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

You unlock other levels in the character screen. Make sure to have whatever skill you want to use slotted, since unslotted skills don't have any effects. Also Mutagens provide various bonuses.

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've just got to Velen, and I'm only level 4, is that about right? Feel underpowered against everything now, was just starting to manage in white orchard when I left (did all of the side quests (that appeared) and explored all locations).

19. creative

creative 500rwhp

I was the same level.... but the upgraded signs are need soon. Took on some lvl10 bandits and won but it was very attack, step back, regen, attack....

fun exploring the caves though... VERY atmospheric!

20. law99

law99 Custom User Title

now there is new drivers out I have taken the plunge. Hopefully I can run on my sodding pc at reasonable framerates.

Are people playing with Mouse & Keyboard or Xbox controllers? I'm not sure what to go for. I played the second through on keyboard and mouse.

Edit: Of course, I try this kinguin service, and the first ever order I have is on hold for "proxy verification" despite not using any. :hehe:

I've responded, but had no response back yet. I'm wondering what sort of nonsense it is though they would require to prove I'm not using a proxy? I certainly don't have detailed network diagrams of my ISP's infrastructure. Nor could I confirm how my traffic breaks out to the net normally. Providing they would understand that, what sort of BS would they want from me? Did I go to Wheels festival yesterday in Bournemouth? How many cans of beer did I drink? Would variety burrito did I eat? What was the result of the FA Cup and did I watch it on BBC or BT Sport? During the days of the Mad Cow disease "epidemic," what school did I go to and which teacher had a ping pong table in their classroom?

Edit 2: In fairness, for a Sunday, this issue was sorted out pretty quickly. As in, fixed on a Sunday.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2015