1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yes but you are just plain weird. :D

2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

New boiler on its own ~£1k the rest is fitting and plumbing, as what we have is a snakes nest of a mess and not "up to code"...

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I assume you got more than one quote as I have just had a Combie boiler and new radiators fitted which had to marry into pipework decades old and the guys Kevin and Darren had the lot done in a day with minimum fuss. OK I had the new radiators situated better than they were which made fitting a little simpler but the bill all told a grand less than you. Are you having new radiators?

4. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Granted I don't know much about plumbing but if the boiler is 1k then wheres the other 2.5k going.

Get more quotes.

5. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

That's the plan!
    Got a couple of plumbers/gas guys coming round later in the week...
    'cause as you say "where's the other £2.5k going?!"

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

My Moms determined to move to Manchester / Warrington to be with her on / off fiancée

being autistic i really dont like change, so to move to a brand new city would be terrible for me, especially with all the court proceedings currently also hanging over my head

7. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Fox got into the areas on my parents farm, All the ducks killed, about 30 chickens 6 chicks, Not to count the ones that went to the last fox a few months ago, think my dads got a week off work and will be sat with a rifle until the fox is gone. Oh and all the fox did was kill and scatter parts everywhere doesn't look like he took any for food from what we can tell judging by body count

I know a few people that are quite bad with big changes and new places, myself kinda being one of them, (took me a few years to actually make any real friends when I moved to Manchester) But now I can say Manchester isnt too bad.

8. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

edit double post

9. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Filter at the back and plastic reusable casing with a disposable paper insert - never seen one before as always had cars with metal cartridge filters that i usually ended up stabbing with screwdrivers to use as a handle to get them off - despite the proper tools being in my hands 99% of the time :rolleyes:

New sump plug should be here tomorrow and depending on weather/work/being sufficiently motivated - I *may* go through the hassle of jacking and securing the car, removing the tray and having another go at it in earnest* as all the other parts are here and at my disposal :thumb:

* Never really tried after seeing the knackered old plug so invested time in researching a range of removal methods that i'll try and deploy

10. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Acid reflux, despite finishing eating at 19:30 and having 150mg of Rantadine at 22:00 I still can't lie down without burning my throat out :sigh:

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Same as my old corsa then plastic casing should be easy 32mm socket on a normal ratched or bar an itll come off. Dont squeeze the old filter to hard as you release it the plastic bottom may come away.

In other news my guts have decided they hate me again, double dosed on Spasmodal which has done sod all just left me drained and unable to keep any food down while at the same time being bloated as hell. Works going to be fun today!

12. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Explaining basic SAN technology to an Infrastructure Design Architect.
    Must start writing all my emails to him so the first letter of each sentence spells out ****......

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Eugh, don't get me started. Not too long ago this was basically my entire day job, where around 80% of the time "Infrastructure Architect" meant "I know a bit of VMware and MS apps"

14. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

This one knows Oracle............
    However much they are paying him, it's too much

15. Mister_Tad

Has he ever asked you about the finer points "lung" presentation? It's a toss up between either that, or thinking that fibre channel was a type of cable, that used to be my absolute favourite.

Probably the former, now thinking back, as the latter misconception has led to way too many costly headaches for it to be amusing :duh:

16. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Hard pear. :(

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Sucks to be you!

My friend is still not willing to give up on her worthless, deadbeat husband. It's not that I want to see their marriage end, but she and her children deserve so much better, and he has done things in the past which prove to me he's not fit to be a husband or father. In this case I think it would be better if they went their seperate ways. I still probably care about this more than I should, but whatever happened to once bitten, twice shy and all that... She's been bitten twice and yet still seems to talk with him on the phone every day (he calls her) and I can tell she's still willing to give him another chance. If she wasn't, they would be in the middle of divorce proceedings by now. I just don't want to see him destroy her life any more than he has already. I don't know if she can take much more of this. Who knows what it's doing to their young children :(

18. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I can trump that. Hard avocado, with brown leathery flesh. The disappointment is palpable.

19. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I feel your pain. *fist bump*

20. Mister_Tad

I couldn't trump either of those, sounds very painful, especially if they're hard.