1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete [Scratch Build] - Victorian Desktop - Mosquito - Completed 2nd Jun. 2015 - Done!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Mosquito, 22 Jan 2015.

1. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Awesome!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

I'm always very fond of mods that are a bit more artistic, this is definitely one of them! Splending end result!

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nice. :)

4. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

Thanks! If I reversed the fan, and put an i7 in there, I might be able to use it like that too :lol:

:blush: Thanks! I never really think of myself as "artistic" in the drawing/painting/sculpting sense, but rather express my artistic side through my woodworking and computers ('cause I can't draw, paint or sculpt lol)

Thanks Waynio! :thumb:

5. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Very nice. You put a lot of time into this case and it turned out very well. You did a good job with wiring management and the woodworking is perfect.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Very tidy. It's always nice to see a Steampunk build that is not just some brass cogs and rivets glued to a case but actually makes aesthetic and functional sense. :)

7. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

Thanks Voigts! Means a lot from you :)

Thanks Nexxo! I was specifically trying to avoid "Steampunk" for that same reason. The more traditional style of "Steampunk" isn't much my thing; but that little flair of vintage hiding a modern side is where I seem to hang out :lol:

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, I prefer what I call "Diamond Age" steampunk as well (after the Neal Stephenson novel --about a future world of nanotechnology based on Victorian values; it's Steampunk but without the tarnish. :p).