1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Badum-tsh. Do you make a habit of 'passing the salt' too, Tad? ;)

2. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Android 5.1.1 landed last night on Nexus 6. WiFi is completely screwed up. All signals on the 2.4G band, regardless of actual strength are seen by the software as full strength or not seen at all. Presumably discarded as background noise.
    Tried my wife's nexus 5 and its fine on 5.1.1

Anyone know how to roll back a stick android handset without rooting? Or how the hell to complain to google?

3. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

despite things looking up for me in certain aspects of mine life over the past couple of days, I have found it very hard to sleep the past couple of nights i think getting about 5 hours total across the 2 nights and never in one go it would be 15 mins at a time, repeatedly tossing and turning.

Am sat in work feeling completely drained, Ended up spending 2 hours looking for a laptop thinking it was lost, It was on the shelf where it should be I just didn't register the tag number on it in my mind correctly and thought it was a different machine.

Also Promised to help a close friend move some stuff into his new flat after work, But least I get free dinner out of that deal. I just really really hope I manage to get some sleep tonight.

I am fairly sure the lack of sleep is triggered by the fact I have been on a couple of dates with someone recently (including yesterday evening) and my mind has been in overdrive since that started and I cant stop it.

4. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

OFSTED INSPECTION TOMORROW AND FRIDAY :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Fridge has died

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Condolences.

7. Almightyrastus

Meh, wasn't all bad. Finally prompted me to throw out that old frozen pizza from two-thousand-and-$%£&-knows

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Every cloud has a silver lining.

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I would have chanced it.

10. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

This.

A Level exams are the current bane of my life. Soon to be over though, then it's on to a Summer Job.

11. Almightyrastus

Nope, considering the amount of non-descript ooze that had dripped onto it, chancing it would probably not have resulted in favourable bathroom conditions either immediately or, more worryingly, at a very imminent later date...

12. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

pfft as long as you leave it in the oven until it's a bit brown you'll be just fine.

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Social services again. Where's the support for family's they put though misery and stress! They should be held accountable for their actions.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2015
  14. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Sump plug still won't come out... tried these things.

1. Hammering sockets on it to try and reshape it, sockets split
    2. Stilsons, not enough room to grip
    3. Off angle hits with hammer and hammer through screwdriver, just chewed into the metal
    4. Drllling it as far as I dared and using an "easy out", started rounding off the square end of the easy out.
    5. Buying a set of Irwin Bolt grips, they just chew metal off the remaining nub of the original bolt head.
    6. Dremel to try and re-flatten the sides to approcimate a hexagon, angles for access are all wrong to successfully do this.

Means next weekend I go at it with a drill and some high speed steel bits and very very carefully drill the centre larger and larger until i can hacksaw or crush the remaining bolt from out of the thread. Wife is massively annoyed at me for refusing to admit defeat and then go to a garage for them to do it - all they'll do is drlll it as an approx 10mm stub won't provide enough torque to budge the stubborn little f****r even if they could get something on it successfully. Shame I don't know any welder as bolt welded to it would have it out in a flash!

Or spend 40 on a vaccuum oil extractor as mentioned previously....

15. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

did you start by using a 6 face socket teacherboy? I've found those to be life savers on many occasions

16. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

It's just mildly annoying really

It took a solid effort from 4 limbs to get the rear panel back on to my level 10 GT case. My last case was an Antec 900 with the same issue. I'm sick of *****y poorly designed cases. **** it I'm going case-labs. I'll only need 1 limb to close the back on it, so that'll give me 2 to use to pay for it and 1 left over.

Last edited: 8 Jun 2015
  17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This might go as far as a new sump.

18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Tried some heat on it? My stubbon nut trick is heat and a big pair of grips to free the thing.

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Hmm. Fire + oily underside of car. Don't see anything wrong with that... :worried:

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Lol.