1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

P3Steel Frame
    Rods for said frame
    Fasteners
    5x Stepper motors

Almost got everything.

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Getting around the USB 3.0 issues for my machine with one of these:

[​IMG]

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

72 bloody quid for a passport renewal :grr:

When did they become so damn expensive?

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

When the gov, figured out that everyone needs a passport, so they can charge what they want for them

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Carb gasket to try and fix the hunting on the lawn mower engine, hopefully be a nice cheap fix at £1.87, :D
    If it works I can get another and a head gasket and fix the other engine that's lying in the garden with the same problem, bolt it back onto the mower frame and hey presto, another working mower to sell for some profit, :D.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

What type of engine is it? I fixed my neighbour's hunting mower last summer; it's a Briggs & Stratton that's seen better days, but at least it's running much better than it was.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

When the government decided that we are all nasty folk who want to blow stuff up. So the extra money helps in the fight against you know who.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The poor?

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

When passport forgers discovered the perks of stealing someone else's identify.

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm fairly impressed - it made light work of the steel tube and the jigsaw blades are quite good. The main saw goes through 18mm MDF like butter so it's very easy to drift off line if you're not paying attention.

Not bad at all for £34.

11. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

First thing you should do when you get it, throw those Molex to SATA power adapters out, I've seen far too many go up in smoke on the techsupportgore subreddit.

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It's still cheaper to change your name by deed poll & get a new passport in a day (£103) than to have Ryanair change an incorrect booking.

Passports now have NFC chips embedded in the cover so GCHQ & NSA can track you wherever you go.

A small upside is that you can get the DVLA to use your passport photo on your driving licence instead of sending another one in.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, because they couldn't do that before. :p

No, the NFC chip really is just to store biometric data that makes the passport harder to forge or be used by someone else.

14. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

I had my licence re-done (out of date photo and wrong address) and asked for them to use Passport photograph. They didn't bother so I was left with a brand new licence with my 16 year old self still smiling back at me. Even thought they cocked up I had to pay to get it done again.

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

There's not a single Molex cable in my rig :thumb:

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Briggs & Stratton Classic 35. Second one that's developed the exact same fault.

First one I stripped down, including taking the head off, couldn't see anything obviously wrong, rebuilt it and it was the same. Got a second mower from uncle which was okay for a while then started hunting.

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Picked up a battery pack for charging various shiny tech:

[​IMG]

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I have that exact make and model. Two in fact: I measured its capacity at less than half the claim, and complained; they sent me a second so that, together, I get somewhere near the claimed capacity.

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm 99% sure that our own Mountfield self drive mower has a Briggs & Stratton 35 classic engine on it too! Brilliant little thing, has never given one ounce of trouble in the 15 years we've owned it. We had to switch to a self drive model when we moved house because of the steep, hilly garden and retired the even older (than me) push model from the old house to our coastal house where it was rebuilt with an alloy deck to withstand the salty air.

Very good buy; I carry a 20,000 mAh Anker Astro Pro2 which has a beefy 19V output for laptops. It struggles a bit with my X230's 20V battery but will charge it in a pinch, not to mention keeping my iPad Air, iPhone 6, Huawei mobile hotspot and Samsung work phone. I am still trying to figure out how to make it charge Canon LP-E6 batteries for my 60D though, which would also be really handy.

20. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I am going to try combining it with a flexible solar panel for when we are out on holiday, just sit it on the parcel shelf of the car while we are driving and leave it to charge up. I could charge it from the car I know but we would be using that for the Tomtom.

Plus I want to have a play around with a solar panel...